Nike Field Hockey Clinic in Cape Cod
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Field Hockey Camps
Our summer field hockey clinic in South Yarmouth includes four days of fun and intense field hockey training for players of all ability levels.
This girls field hockey clinic in Massachusetts is designed for players to improve their technique, develop a better understanding of the game, increase self-confidence, and make new friends.
- Open to players of all skill levels
- Partner Camp of USA Field Hockey; sanctioned to make referrals to USAFH Futures program
- 10:1 Student to Staff ratio
- All campers receive a STX package (reversible jersey, ball, water bottle, lanyard) and other fun prizes.
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Lauren Chenevert
Coach Lauren Chenevert has been the head field hockey coach Shrewsbury High School since 1999. She was Central Massachusetts Coach of the year in 2005 & 2007.View Lauren Chenevert's Bio ⟩
Some of her accomplishments include:
- 2012 and 2007 State Finalists
- 2009 State Semi-Finalists
- 2012, 2009 & 2007 CMass District Champs
- 2004 CMASS District Finalists
- 2005 and 2007 Central Mass Coach of the Year
- Four CMASS Players of the Year
- 10 Mid-Wach A League MVPs.
- Founder Worcester County United Field Hockey Academy, 2006
- Former Futures Elite assistant coach
- Cape Cod Classic and Super Sophs Massachusetts State coach – 1999-present
- Four championships CCC
- Three championships SS
- Graduate of Springfield College: minor in coaching, a member of the field hockey team
- Camp Coach: UConn, Springfield College, Holy Cross, WPI
- Coached players attending UConn, Boston College, UAlbany, Providence College, Stonehill College, Assumption College, Babson College, Bowdoin College etc.
- Several players have gone on to become collegiate All-Americans and have won NCAA titles
- Married eight years, with three children, Masters in Education
This year we are offering a Day Camp that runs Monday-Thursday from 9:00am-3:00pm daily. Camp is geared towards girls, ages 10-18, of all ability levels. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2018 CAMP DATES
- July 30-August 2
This camp is open to girls, ages 10-18, of all abilities. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level. Campers will master the fundamentals and develop proper mechanics through a mix of drills, games and competitive play.
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2018 SCHEDULE AND INFORMATION
CAMP DATES: JULY 30-Aug. 2
- Daily Hours: Monday-Thursday, 9:00am-3:00pm
- Check-in: 8:30am on Monday at Peter Homer Park
- Check-out: Graduation is on Thursday at 2:30pm. Parents are invited to attend! Check out will follow immediately after.
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided. Please bring a sack lunch.
What's included in the fee?
- Daily field hockey instruction
- Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Camp Gear: All campers receive a STX package (reversible jersey, ball, water bottle, lanyard) and other fun prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Players Grouped by: ability, age, years of experience
- Equipment Needed: Hockey stick, water bottle, mouth guard, shin guards, turf shoes (goalies must bring full goalie protective equipment)
- Inclement Weather Plan: TBA for 2018
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
*This camp must comply with regulations of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and be licensed by LBOH. Parents/guardians can request copies of background check procedures, health care and discipline policies and grievance procedures.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Campers arrive, warm up
- 9:15-11:30am Skills and small game tactics
- 11:30am-12:15pm Lunch
- 12:15-12:45pm Lecture and demonstration
- 1:00-3:00pm Drills, games, and scrimmaging
- 3:00pm Campers depart
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
August 3, 2017: Really fun games and awesome experience.
— Aimee W. Parent
Met a lot of new people!
August 3, 2017: My daughter loved meeting girls from many different places and getting to play with them during drills and games.
— Carolyn M. Parent
September 9, 2016: The girls felt they learned something new every day, the coaches were excellent. One camper was a beginner and the other had moderate skills and they both felt they had more knowledge and confidence when the program was complete.
— Candace R. Parent
September 8, 2015: My beginner daughter had a wonderful week. She was nervous when starting as had no prior experience. The coaches were so supportive and made her confident and comfortable.
— Nancy Q. Parent
Get ready for your season
September 7, 2015: Good camp to get ready for your season! Good drills and conditioning to get started.
— Laura M. Camper
September 5, 2015: This was our first field hockey camp. The coaches were kind, positive and enthusiastic. My daughter liked it so much, she is switching to field hockey from soccer.
— Sheila S. Parent