Nike Field Hockey Camp at Radley College, England
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Field Hockey Camps
Join us at Radley College, an internationally renowned UK private school, in the English countryside near Oxford. Athletes will train with Sally Walton, a former Great Britain National Team member, and other national-level hockey players and have an unforgettable camp experience.
The Nike Field Hockey Camps in England are an athlete's dream. Campers receive expert training at beautiful facilities in the UK, while also having excursions in London, Oxford, and Theme Parks. Become completely immersed in the sport for a 6-night or 13-night session.
Note: US Sports Camps, Inc. is not a sponsor, co-sponsor, owner or operator of the Nike Field Hockey Camp at Radley College. The Nike Field Hockey Camp at the Radley College is owned and operated by CMT Learning Ltd in the UK. US Sports Camps, Inc. is a marketing and registration service for these camps and it has no control over the operation of the camps or the acts or omissions of CMT Learning Ltd.
- Coaching program designed and run by GB Olympic field hockey player Sally Walton and her team of coaches
- Overall staff to student ratio is 1:5
- 1:12 ratio of hockey coaches to students
- Fantastic cultural excursions and training experiences
- Full accommodations at a leading private school
- Exclusive Nike gear pack
- 24/7 security onsite
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Sally Walton
Sally Walton is a former field hockey Olympian for Great Britain.View Sally's Bio ⟩
Sally made her international debut in 2005 and has amassed more than 15 caps for England and Great Britain combined. She competed at the London 2012 Olympics where she won a bronze medal. Sally is now a full-time teacher and hockey coach, supporting the development of elite junior and senior hockey players.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand for these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Age Group: 11-17
- Gender: Boys & girls
- Skill: All ability levels
- Programs: 6-night or 13-night sessions
- Camp Option: Overnight
6 Night Programs
- July 3-9
- July 10-16
- July 17-23
- July 24-30
- July 31-August 6
- August 7-13 *Camp will take place at Bradfield College
- August 14-20 *Camp will take place at Bradfield College
13 Night Programs
- July 3-16
- July 10-23
- July 17-30
- July 24-August 6
- July 31-August 13 *Camp will take place at Bradfield College
- August 7-August 20 *Camp will take place at Bradfield College
Please note: Camp details may be subject to change.
With the option of 6-night or 13-night sessions, these co-ed programs are designed for field hockey players, ages 11-17, of all ability levels who want to deepen their understanding of the game. Campers will train with Great Britain Olympic field hockey players, play in full sided matches and social events with local teams, and visit some of the famous England sights. All the camps will involve an action-packed schedule and a diverse mix of nationalities, ensuring young players will maximize their learning and gain valuable cultural experiences. Players will leave with new skills, confidence and friends from around the globe.
- Field Hockey Staff: Training with GB Olympic field hockey players and professionals, directed by Sally Walton.
- Ratio: 1:12 staff-to-camper ratio
- Facility: Players will train on the field hockey pitch at Radley College.
- Training Hours: Up to 26 hours of professional coaching a week
- Additional Training:
- Match play at leading clubs in the South
- Workshops and seminars with coaches and teachers
- Skills and sports science fitness tests
- Match play at leading clubs in the South
- Assessments: Each player is given an individual report and completion certificate to take home.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Total Hockey Camps Instruction: 26 hours per week of coaching, structured match play, workshops, and seminars
- Hockey & English Camps Instruction: 16 hours a week of coaching and structured match play, and 13-14 hours a week of English language lessons
- Meals & Accommodations: Campers will be housed in the Radley College dormitories, and will receive 3 nutritionally balanced meals a day and an evening snack.
- Exclusive Nike gear pack: All campers get a Nike gearpack.
- Supervision: 24/7 on-site male and female player welfare support staff
- Excursions: One excursion on a 6-night camp and three excursions on a 13-night camp
- Evening Activities: All players will enjoy evening activities to help build team bonding. Some of these activities may include ultimate frisbee, quiz night, bowling, and capture the flag.
Final housing information for this camp will be provided in the Information Packets, emailed to all campers closer to the camp’s start date.
- Location: Radley College
- Campers Per Room: Most are single bedrooms with an occasional twin room
- Bathrooms: En-suite, some are shared.
- Amenities: Indoor swimming pool & sports center, a players' lounge equip with a TV, foosball table and game consoles, on-site camp shop, and athletic track field.
- Free Laundry Facilities: On-site
- Free Wifi: Yes
Oxford City visit and sightseeing tour (All camps)
Theme Park Experience (All camps)
London Bus tour and shopping (only 13-night camps)
- After an early lunch in St James Park next to Buckingham Palace, players take an informative bus ride along the Thames, ending at Westfield where there’s a chance to do some shopping
- Closest Rail Link: Radley (1mi)
- Closest Airports: London Heathrow (48 mi) | London Gatwick (85mi)
Nike Field Hockey Camps offers airport transfers to/from London Heathrow and London Gatwick for an additional fee. These can be booked directly by contacting [email protected] once you have booked a camp. Transfers can only be booked for flights that arrive in the UK between 9:00am and 4:00pm on the camp start date and depart the UK between 11:00am and 6:00pm on the camp end date.
Unaccompanied Minor (UM) or Airport Assistance is a service offered by most airlines whereby airline staff supervises and escort a child during their flight and through the parts of the airport that our staff don't have access to. We recommend using this service for all children traveling alone under the age of 14. Please inform us of your airport transfer booking if you are using this service by emailing [email protected] at least 4 weeks before the start of the camp.
A detailed camper Information Packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, a list of things to bring, and other important information will be emailed from Euro Sports Camps to all registered campers closer to the camp's start date.
ELS CAMP INFORMATION
Campers seeking a summer hockey camp experience with additional non-sport instruction can check out the options below:
- Nike Hockey + English Camps: eurosportscamps.com/nike-hockey-and-english-camps
If you have any questions, please fill out our inquiry form at eurosportscamps.com/contact or email [email protected]
These Nike Field Hockey Camps are operated by CMT Learning Ltd. in the UK. Nike and the Swoosh design are registered trademarks of Nike, Inc. and its affiliates are used under license. Nike is the title sponsor of the camps. US Sports Camps, Inc. is a marketing and registration service for these camps, and it and Nike have no control over the operation of the camps or the acts or omissions of CMT Learning.Show Less See More Camp Details
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:30am Breakfast
- 9:00am Hockey session
- 12:30pm Lunch
- 2:00pm Hockey session
- 5:30pm Dinner
- 7:00pm Evening activities
- 8:30pm Players' Lounge
- 10:00pm Bed
Radley College, an internationally renowned UK private school on 800 acres in the English countryside, offers a showcase hybrid astro pitch and 2 additional pitches.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
Overall Average RatingStars
Best week of my life. Made so many new friends and had so many great experiences!
Well rounded camp!
Beth had a brilliant time. The coaching was amazing - really good quality; the variety of students was fun - mixing with lots of foreigners was a great experience.
So much fun
Martina really loved the camp, staff, team and place really amazing! She would like to come back!
My kids had a great time at the Nike Hockey Camp. They have improved their hockey skills (it was challenging for them), as well as their english level. I would highly recommend the experience.
He had the best time
The coaches and care people were adorable with gorgeous personality. Everybody was attentive, entertaining and knowledgeable. The camp has great assets in the staff and deserves much more than a good review. We would definitely recommended it and love to be back
It was so much fun! I learned a lot from the coaches and also the other players as well.
Our daughter Kate learnt lots, made many new friends and had a fabulous time. The fun doesn't take from the really top class coaching - it compliments it and you should all be congratulated on making this a really great camp.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.