Nike Field Hockey Camp at Saint John's High School
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Field Hockey Camps
Join us for our summer 2023 field hockey camp in Massachusetts at Saint John's High School for high-quality instruction. Camp Director Lauren Chenevert provides campers with over 20 years of high-level coaching experience to improve their fundamentals.
This girls' field hockey camp in Shrewsbury will help players who share the same love for the sport get prepared for the fall field hockey season. Start your year off with a leg up on the competition and have some serious fun a this all skills field hockey day camp.
- Partner Camp of USA Field Hockey; sanctioned to make referrals to USAFH Nexus program
- 10:1 Camper to Staff ratio
- Open to players of all skill levels
- All attendee receive a Nike Field Hockey Camps package (reversible jersey, ball, lanyard) and other fun prizes.
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Lauren Chenevert
Coach Lauren Chenevert is the Head Field Hockey Coach at Anna Maria College.View Lauren's Bio ⟩
The Anna Maria College Athletic Department has announced the hiring of Lauren Chenevert as their new head field hockey coach.
“I am honored to join the staff at Anna Maria College.” Coach Chenevert said of taking the reins of the AMCATS. “Coaching [on the collegiate level] has always been a career aspiration of mine but I was very cautious that it had to be at the right time and the right school. It’s time and Anna Maria is the right school! When I toured the school, I felt the administration at AMC echoed the same values and community that I envisioned in an athletic department. I am very excited to get started!“
Chenevert brings a wealth of experience to the program, having served as the director of the Worcester County United Field Hockey Academy since 2006 and as a Director with Nike U.S. Sports Camps since 2008. As head coach at Shrewsbury High School, she accumulated a record of 276-44-18 where the team was nationally ranked. She has also coached in the US Futures program, Baystate Games, Cape Cod Classic Field Hockey Showcase and runs a successful college consulting business.
Chenevert graduated from Springfield College in 1996 with degrees in English and Secondary Education with a minor in sports management.
“I am excited to add Lauren [Chenevert] to the athletic department staff and the campus community as the new head field hockey coach,” commented Joe Brady ‘96, Director of Athletics. “Lauren has a wealth of coaching experiences that makes her a perfect fit to lead our program. She has numerous recruiting connections that will be valuable in building on the past success of our field hockey team.”
Chenevert will be the tenth head coach in the team’s history. She inherits a historically successful program that has qualified for the postseason for ten consecutive seasons and qualified for the NCAA Championships in 2013.
Some of her accomplishments include:
- 2012 and 2007 State Finalists
- 2009 State Semi-Finalists
- 2012, 2009 & 2007 CMass District Champs
- 2004 CMASS District Finalists
- 2005 and 2007 Central Mass Coach of the Year
- Four CMASS Players of the Year
- 10 Mid-Wach A League MVPs.
- Founder Worcester County United Field Hockey Academy, 2006
- Former Futures Elite assistant coach
- Cape Cod Classic and Super Sophs Massachusetts State coach – 1999-present
- Four championships CCC
- Three championships SS
- Graduate of Springfield College: minor in coaching, a member of the field hockey team
- Camp Coach: UConn, Springfield College, Holy Cross, WPI
- Coached players attending UConn, Boston College, UAlbany, Providence College, Stonehill College, Assumption College, Babson College, Bowdoin College etc.
- Several players have gone on to become collegiate All-Americans and have won NCAA titles
- Married eight years, with three children, Masters in Education
Additional Coaches Camp Staff
Our Camp Director will be assisted by a talented staff which may include their assistant coach(es), current and former collegiate players, and other college and club coaches.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: August 7-9 | August 14-16
- Age Group: 10-18
- Gender: Girls
- Camp Type: Evening Camp
- Schedule: 6:00pm-9:00pm, Monday-Wednesday
- Check-in: 5:30pm on Monday
- Dinner: Dinner is not provided. Please eat at least one hour before arriving each day.
- Program: This All Skills program is geared towards players of all abilities. The camp program includes stick work instruction & skills, technical & tactical training, offensive & defensive skills, and positioning work. Goalie-specific training is available as well. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level.
Please note: Camp schedules and details may be subject to change.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Evening training session
- Dinner: Dinner is not provided. Please eat at least one hour before arriving each day.
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Camp Gear: All campers receive a Nike Field Hockey Camps package (reversible jersey, ball, lanyard) and other fun prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by ability, age, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Hockey stick, water bottle, mouth guard, shin guards, turf shoes (goalies must bring full goalie protective equipment)
- Inclement Weather Plan: In case of a canceled day due to rain, Friday may be used as a makeup day.
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review
important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist.
All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to
camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic, on-field clothing (t-shirts, shorts)
- Turf shoes or sneakers
- Reversible jersey
- Hockey Stick(s)
- Mouth guard
- Shin guards
- Goggles (not required, but recommended)
- Court shoes for indoor play in case of rain
- Goalies must bring their own full protective equipment
- Water bottle*
- Small gym bag/backpack
- Packed snacks
- Spending money
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE FIELD HOCKEY CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our field hockey camps please see our FAQ page.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.Show Less See More Camp Details
ALL SKILLS SAMPLE SCHEDULE
- 6:00pm Campers arrive, warm up
- 6:15pm Skills and small game tactics
- 7:30pm Drills, games, and scrimmaging
- 8:45pm Cool down and stretch
- 9:00pm Campers depart
The camp will take place at Saint John's High School on their turf facility.
Camp Questions & Answers
Can I sign up for more than 1 session/program?
Absolutely! Campers are encouraged to attend multiple sessions. Each program delivers something unique to help players excel in all areas of the game. Many campers will attend more than one session to further refine their skills, compete against new players, or choose a session with a different program focus.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
Overall Average RatingStars
Elizabeth really enjoyed the field hockey camp!
August 19, 2021: "Elizabeth really enjoyed the field hockey camp! Everything from the coaches, the coaching instruction, and the other campers was such a positive experience for her. Thank you so much for a great learning and self-esteem building experience!!! She is excited for the season to start to show her new skills!!!"
— Kathleen K.
She learned alot!
August 19, 2021: "She liked her scrimmage team and had fun bonding with them. She learned about reverse sweeps and found that very useful!"
— Heather T.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.