Nike Field Hockey Camp, Virginia Beach
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Field Hockey Camps
Get better this summer at our Virginia Beach 2019 field hockey camp. This sports camp for kids provides the opportunity for players to improve their field hockey skills and have lots of fun!
This field hockey camp offers a camp session for girls entering grades 5-9 (ages 9-14), of all skill levels. Come elevate your skills and leave camp with a better understanding of and passion for the sport.
- Instruction from college coaches and players
- Partner Camp of USA Field Hockey; sanctioned to make referrals to USAFH Futures program
- Special goalkeeping instruction
- All campers receive a STX package (reversible jersey, ball, water bottle, lanyard) and other fun prizes.
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Megan Williams
Megan WIlliams is the Director of Athletics at Rocky Hill School. Williams has been a member of the Goucher College community since 2012, serving as Assistant Athletic Director, Head Field Hockey coach, and faculty member, teaching courses in Sports Psychology and Diversity Issues in Athletics.View Megan's Bio ⟩
She was named the 2016 Landmark Conference Coach of the Year and is Goucher's winningest field hockey coach. Williams spent two years as an assistant coach at Virginia Wesleyan College and was the Head Coach at the National Training Center Olympic Development Futures Site.
This year we are offering a Day Camp that runs Monday-Thursday from 9:00am-3:00pm daily. Camp is geared towards girls entering grades 5-9 (ages 9-14), of all ability levels. Early drop-off and late pick-up are available at an additional cost. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2019 CAMP DATES
- June 24-27
This camp is open to girls entering grades 5-9 (ages 9-14), of all abilities. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level. Campers will master the fundamentals and develop proper mechanics through a mix of drills, games and competitive play.
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2019 SCHEDULE AND INFORMATION
Camp Dates: June 24-27
- Daily Hours: Monday-Thursday, 9:00am-3:00pm
- Check-in: 8:30am on Monday
- Check-out: Graduation is on Thursday at 2:30pm. Parents are invited to attend! Check out will follow immediately after.
- Lunch: is available to purchase for $32.50 for the week
Early drop-off is available for campers at an additional fee of $30 (for all 4 days). This fee includes supervision and activities provided by the Virginia Beach Field House staff Monday-Thursday from 7AM-9AM. Pro-rates are not available.
Late pick-up is available for campers at an additional fee of $45 (for all 4 days). This fee includes supervision and activities provided by the Virginia Beach Field House staff Monday-Thursday from 3PM-6PM. Pro-rates are not available.
What's included in the fee?
- Daily field hockey instruction
- Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Camp Gear: All campers receive a STX package (reversible jersey, ball, water bottle, lanyard) and other fun prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Players Grouped by: ability, age, years of experience
- Equipment Needed: Hockey stick, water bottle, mouth guard, shin guards, turf shoes (goalies must bring full goalie protective equipment)
- Inclement Weather Plan: In the case of a cancelled day due to rain, Friday will be used as a make up day.
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Campers arrive, warm up
- 9:15-11:30am Skills and small game tactics
- 11:30am-12:15pm Lunch
- 12:15-12:45pm Lecture and demonstration
- 1:00-3:00pm Drills, games, and scrimmaging
- 3:00pm Campers depart
The Virginia Beach Field House is Virginia’s premier sports facility, located in the Lynnhaven area of Virginia Beach.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
July 2, 2018: My daughter was able to learn new skills that she is now using at practice and during games. The only thing I would suggest is that the camp be 5 days instead of four. It was an amazing camp with amazing instructors and coaches.
— Diana W. Parent0
June 29, 2018: My daughter thinks the camp help her improve her ball handling skills a lot, and she was very excited to get some practice sweeping!
— Ann L. Parent0