USSC Junior Golf Camps, Spartan Golf Complex
IMPROVE YOUR GAME AND HAVE SERIOUS FUN
Welcome to the USSC Junior Golf Camp in San Jose, CA! Join TPI Level 3 Certified Professional and PGA Class A Member, Don Allio, this summer at Spartan Golf Complex. This camp provides top-notch instruction at a world-class facility, so come improve your game and have fun with our experienced teaching professionals this summer!
AM/PM HALF DAY CAMPS
This program is designed to pique the interest of new golfers while also offering intermediate golfers the instruction needed to improve. Half day campers receive three hours of instruction each day with emphasis on putting, chipping, bunker play and full swing. Half Day Camps run Monday through Friday and are open to players of all abilities, ages 7-17. Please note: Lunch is NOT provided for half day campers.
AM Half Day: 9:00am-12:00pm
PM Half Day: 1:00pm-4:00pm
- Three hours of instruction covering putting, chipping, pitching and full swing
- Games and competitions for campers
- Camper amenity package including a hat, drawstring bag, SRIXON golf balls, camp workbook, and graduation certificate
- A healthy and positive learning environment designed to help every camper get better
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Don Allio
Don Allio will serve as the Camp Director for our USSC Junior Golf Camps at Spartan Golf Complex. Don has been recognized as a PGA Class A Member and a TPI Certified Junior Coach Level 3 and has over 20 years of golf experience.View Don's Bio ⟩
This program is designed for boys and girls between the ages of 7 and 17. The camp staff is on hand to provide campers with top quality instruction each day. At US Sports Camps, we accommodate all skill levels; the junior player just discovering the game, the high school player trying to move up on the team, and the tournament level junior looking to improve his or her tournament results. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: Camps Available, June - August
- AM Half Day: June 24-28, July 8-12
- PM Half Day: June 17-21, July 22-26, July 29-August 2, August 12-16
- Age Group: 7-17
- Gender: Co-ed
- Camp Type: AM & PM Half Day Camps Available
- AM Half Day: 9:00am-12:00pm, Monday-Friday
- PM Half Day: 1:00pm-4:00pm, Monday-Friday
- Check-In: 15 minutes prior to camp start time
- Lunch: Lunch is NOT included in the price of camp.
- Program: The All Abilities program is designed to improve the fundamental skills needed for golf; putting, chipping/pitching, full-swing and course etiquette. Upon arrival, all participants will be evaluated by the instructors and placed into groups based on age and ability level.
Please note: Camp schedules and details may be subject to change.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning and afternoon instruction with focus on all aspects of the game including putting, chipping, sand play and full-swing.
- Lunch: Lunch is NOT included in the price of camp. Campers can bring their own lunch or purchase lunch at the golf course.
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Camper Amenity Package: Campers will receive an amenity package including a hat, drawstring bag, SRIXON golf balls, camp workbook, and graduation certificate.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:8 staff-to-camper ratio.
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own golf clubs, glove, golf balls, and tees.
- Facility: Spartan Golf Complex
- Medical Protocol: Camp will have on-site staff to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic clothing (t-shirts, shorts)
- Golf clubs
- Golf shoes or tennis/athletic shoes
- Collared shirt (recommended)
- Water bottle*
- Hat/visor (Campers receive hat with amenity package)
- Snacks (optional)
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
USSC JUNIOR GOLF CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our golf camps please see our FAQ page.Show Less See More Camp Details
Please note: Camp schedules may be subject to change.
AM Half Day Sample Schedule
- 9:00am Campers arrive, warm up, stretching, skills demonstrations by staff
- 9:15am Instruction - practice on skills and fundamentals; grip, stance, posture, pitching, putting, bunker play and full swing
- 12:00pm AM Half Day campers depart
PM Half Day Schedule
- 1:00pm Campers arrive, warm up, stretching, skills demonstrations by staff
- 1:15pm Instruction - practice on skills and fundamentals; grip, stance, posture, pitching, putting, bunker play and full swing
- 4:00pm PM Half Day campers depart
Spartan Golf Complex
The Spartan Golf Complex is the home of San Jose University Men's and Women's golf teams. A 360 yard driving range, 55,000 square feet of short game area, and 17,000 squared feet of putting surface creates a perfect atmosphere to practice any slope imaginable. Additionally, the short game area and putting greens are maintained to USGA Championship specifications, making this facility the ideal location to be your best!
Camp Questions & Answers
CAN WE RENT CLUBS?
Through USSC Junior Golf Camps we do not provide club rentals at this camp. You can reach out to the Spartan Golf Complex to see if they have any rentals available for your session of camp. The phone number is (669) 244-4907.
July 26, 2022: My son is just starting and this camp offered a introduction and practice to all aspects of the game. Exactly what I was looking for, and his skills improved significantly in 1 week.
July 23, 2022: My child gained so much personal confidence, he was so happy and was able to make friends. I honestly I have never seen home so happy at a camp.
August 13, 2022: Blake enjoyed the camp setting and working on her skills each day. The challenge was a fun way to end the camp.
July 16, 2023: My child loved the coaches and showed so much improvement! He had fun and made friends!
Please make this camp longer!
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.