Nike Girls Lacrosse Camp at Otterbein University
2023 Dates & Prices Now Available!
Come join Otterbein’s new Head Coach, Rachael Griffith, for an intensive and fun filled week of training. Otterbein is located in Westerville, Ohio about 20 minutes north of downtown Columbus. As a NCAA Division III member of the Ohio Athletic Conference, the Otterbein Women's Lacrosse Team will begin it's 12th season in the spring of 2023.
A perfect setting with 140 acres of beautiful and historic campus along with top notch facilities, Otterbein provides a great environment for a lacrosse camp. Easy walks to the fields, rec center and campus cafeteria, campers will get a true sense of what college life is all about.
- High School and Youth Skills Camp for Girls Ages 10-18
- Superior instruction from College Coaches
- 8:1 camper to instructor on field ratio
- Daily emphasis on fundamentals, position training, drills and scrimmages
- Team discounts available
- Special goalie instruction and discounts available
- Reversible mesh Nike practice jersey
- Nike and STX Prizes for outstanding play, sportsmanship and improvement
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Rachael Griffith
Directing camp is Rachael Griffith. Coach Griffith was announced as new head coach of the Otterbein Women's Lacrosse program on June 29, 2021. She previously spent three seasons as an assistant coach before earning the promotion.View Rachael Griffith's Bio ⟩
Griffith, 26, arrived to Westerville in 2018 and spent the initial two years as a graduate assistant, working for a pair of coaches. She operated alongside Stephani Schmidt for one season before staying on and working with another head coach, Alexis Venchanos, through a pandemic-shortened 2020 campaign.
Prior to Otterbein, Griffith enjoyed one season as a student assistant for her alma mater, Florida Southern College, down in Lakeland. In her lone season on staff with the Moccasins, Griffith helped head coach Kara Reber lead the team to an NCAA Division II runner-up finish, a third-straight Sunshine State Conference regular-season title, six all-America selections and eight all-conference selections.
Griffith enjoyed a standout career at Florida Southern as a defender, making 57 starts and playing in 71 games overall from 2012-16. She tallied three goals, 110 ground balls and 88 caused turnovers in her four years. She was a third-team IWLCA All-American as a senior in 2016 after helping lead the Moccasins to a memorable NCAA Division II national championship, where the Mocs defeated top-ranked Adelphi by a score of 8-7 in Denver, Colo.
Griffith was chosen to play in the 2016 IWLCA North-South All-Star Game, and served as a team captain during her senior year. She was also named to the Sunshine State Conference All-Tournament team in 2016, and earned All-SSC honors her final two years.
A native of Ellicot City, Md., Griffith holds a bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration and a master’s degree in allied health while from Otterbein.
At the Nike Girls Lacrosse Camp at Otterbein University, our goal is to provide campers the fundamental skills, position specific training and in-game tactical knowledge needed to enhance your game. Over the course of camp, your enthusiasm and self-confidence will grow along with your skills. This year Otterbein is offering one session of Overnight Camp with a commuter option (9:00 AM to 9:00 PM).
- Dates: June 19-22
- Age Group: 10-18
- Gender: Coed
- Camp Type: Overnight, Extended Day (commuter)
- Check-in: Check-in takes place between 1:00-2:00pm on Monday. There will be a camp orientation meeting at 2:00pm and parents are welcome to join their campers for this meeting.
- Check-out: There will be a closing ceremony at the field on Thursday at 11:30am. Overnight campers check-out from the dorm immediately following.
- Day Schedule: MON 2PM-9PM, TUE-WED 9AM-9PM, THURS 9AM-12 NOON **Times subject to change
- Meals: All meals are provided for Overnight campers. Lunch and dinner are provided for all Extended Day (commuter) campers.
- Program: The Skills program is designed to provide campers the fundamental skills, position specific training and in-game tactical knowledge needed to enhance your game.
1 S Grove St
Westerville, OH 43081
Click Here for Directions
The information below is based on previous years and is subject to change each year.
- Dorm: TBA Hall
- Number of Campers Per Room: 2 per room
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be mutual and received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: Shared
- Linens: Not included. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase, and a towel.
- Air Conditioning: TBA
The staff reside in the dormitories with the campers and participate in all activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning, afternoon, and evening training sessions
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and Dinner is provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
- Reversible Jersey & Prizes: Campers will receive a Nike Lacrosse Reversible Jersey and prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Please bring your cleats, protective goggles & mouthpiece, lacrosse stick(s), helmet and pads (Goalies)
- Facility: Otterbein Athletic Fields
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
Checklist of things to bring:
- Athletic Socks
- Protective Goggles
- Lacrosse Stick(s)
- Goalies Must Have Full Protective Equipment
- Comfortable Off-Field Clothes
- Toiletries & Personal Items
- Water Bottle
- Turf Shoes or Running Shoes for indoor activity
- Alarm Clock
- Extra Towels
- Bathing Suit
- Non-Perishable Snack Foods
- Spending money (approx. $50)
- Pillow & Pillowcase
- Twin XL Sheets/Blanket or Sleeping Bag
- Dorm DOES NOT have AC – Please Bring a Fan
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
- Signed Heath & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
EXTENDED DAY CAMPERS
Checklist of Things to Bring: We recommend that all Extended Day Campers bring a daily pack with the following items: Along with your lacrosse equipment, we recommend that you bring a day pack with the following items: water bottle, weather appropriate clothing, cleats, and walking shoes.
Camp Schedule & Meals:
- Monday: Extended Day Campers should arrive dressed and ready to play. You will be assigned a counselor and given a complete schedule of all events during the week. Day Campers stay until 8:30pm. Dinner is provided.
- Tuesday-Wednesday: Extended Day Camper Hours – 9:00am-9:00pm. Lunch and dinner is provided.
- Thursday: Extended Day Camper Hours - 9:00-11:00am. Check-out is immediately after the camp concludes.
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE LACROSSE CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our lacrosse camps please see our FAQ page.
OVERNIGHT CAMP AMENITIES
• Lodging • All meals
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
EXTENDED DAY CAMP AMENITIES
• Lunch & dinner
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
• Camp Hours: MON 2PM-9PM, TUE-WED 9AM-9PM, THURS 9AM-12 NOON
TEAM DISCOUNT: If five or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $25 discount. Please have a team contact reach out directly to the USSC office at 1-800-645-3226 to receive a discount code to identify your group. Campers may then register through the website at their convenience and apply the coupon code during check-out.
GOALIE DISCOUNT: To ensure each session has enough goalies for drills and scrimmages, all goalies automatically qualify for a special $50 discount. You can call 1-800-645-3226 to receive the goalie discount over the phone or you can indicate that you are eligible for the goalie discount in the “comments” field when registering via our secure website. Goalie discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:50 AM Campers arrive
- 9:00 AM Stretching and Conditioning
- 9:30 AM Line Drills and Stations
- 10:30 AM Position Work
- Noon Lunch and rest
- 1:30 PM 1v1, 2v2, and fastbreaks
- 3:00 PM Drill stations and scrimmaging
- 4:00 PM Campers depart
Otterbein University, located in Westerville, Ohio, is a four-year private institution founded in 1847. Less than 30 minutes from Columbus, Otterbein has a warm and friendly small-town atmosphere while remaining conveniently located to a large metropolitan city. With 140 acres of beautiful and historic campus along with top notch facilities, Otterbein provides a great environment for a lacrosse camp.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
Overall Average RatingStars
June 28, 2021: She really got more practice at taking the draw as middie was a new position for her this year on her school team. She liked working on shooting and stick work. She also made some friends from other schools. We were really impressed with this camp and look forward to it being offered in our area again.
— Kristina, Parent
pushed and motivated
June 25, 2021: The overall high level of coaching, the new and different drills she learned, the camaraderie amongst the staff was great. She was pushed past her perceived limits and the level of talent around her made her realize she needs to step up her game
— Scott, Parent
She had a great time!
July 27, 2019: My daughter's highlights of the camp was that she was able to learn more skills for defense and offense. She was able to improve her skills and learn new skills as well. She had a great time learning from the coaches!
— Bethany C. Parent
She'll be back next summer!
July 26, 2019: My daughter said that she had fun, and enjoyed playing girls she'd neither played with nor competed against before. She went as a defender, but was able to participate as an attacker and as a midfielder. She said that even the goalies got to be field players during camp. She'd like to attend the camp at Otterbein next summer. I was impressed at check-in when a previous Coach recognized my daughter from a previous clinic, and went out of her way to say hello and welcome her to the camp!
— David V. Parent
July 24, 2019: She was able to learn more about the sport while being with friends and making new ones. Counselors went above and beyond their duties in helping the girls--she said they were awesome and made it super fun! She appreciated the down time after lunch too.
— Kirsten H. Parent
All Time Favorite Camp!
June 29, 2018: The Otterbein lacrosse camp is my daughter's all time favorite to attend! Accommodations and the coaches running the camp create a fun environment to improve skills!
— Jess W. Parent
June 30, 2017: My daughter thought the food was really good and the dorms were really nice. She liked having a different team at night for the nightly games than during the day. She liked getting to play games.
— Brianna A. Parent
Most amazing camp!
July 8, 2016: This camp was the most amazing camp I could have ever attended as a beginner in the sport. I recieved amazing advice and really learned the game through the coaches drills, demonstrations, etc. I would recommend this camp to every level of player looking to improve. I will be returning next year for sure, age 16
— Samme M. Camper
I will be back next year!
July 8, 2016: The coaches gave proper water breaks and had staff on hand who cared about our safety and our overall experience. They really cared about the campers and connected with them and helped them in the best ways they possibly could. I will be back next year!
— Jenna R. Camper
Had a Blast!
July 7, 2016: I decided to attend the Nike Lacrosse Camp to learn more about lacrosse and improve my skills as a player. I am going into high school this fall and thought going to camp will definitely help me as a player. What a great decision I made by attending the Nike Camp at Otterbein College. I was able to room with my friend and teammate, I had a blast learning new skills for offense and defense, the counselors were nice and very skilled in teaching lacrosse, I met a ton of new girls/friends from different schools and just had a lot of fun. I can't wait to come back again next year.
— Morgan L. Camper
We will be going back!
July 6, 2016: My daughter came home from this camp loving lacrosse even more than she did going into it, which I never thought possible. The entire staff knew her name and it appeared to be a very small close knit group of girls. The director of the camp personally came up to me at the end of the camp praising my daughters skills and was a joy to speak with. We will be going back for years to come.
— Lisa K. Parent
Coaches are approachable and accessible!
July 12, 2015: I would highly recommend Nike girl's lacrosse camp. It is an enjoyable, interactive approach to the vast world of lacrosse. The coaches and counselors are experienced in the fields they teach and do an excellent job sharing this information in an encouraging, non-imposing way. They are approachable, accessible and really get involved with the campers. The variety of girls from all over and many different ages add to the pure fun! Games are played, drills are run, and you go to bed tired and satisfied with the day's work. Overall, the Nike girl's lacrosse camp exceeded my expectations as a camper. I would definitely recommend it and can't wait until next year!
— Veronica R. Camper
July 11, 2015: You should go because they help you improve your existing techniques and teach you even more techniques. This was my first year and I will DEFINITELY be going back. Next time I will stay there, this year I left/returned each day. It was a great experience!!
— Elena P. Camper
Advance your skill level!
July 10, 2015: I would recommend this Nike Lacrosse Camp because it made me a better player to my team and they taught us while we were having fun. I learned a lot of new plays and dodges. It's a great camp to go to if your looking to advance your skill level!
— Megan K. Camper
So much fun!
July 10, 2015: I definitely would recommend the camp it is so much fun! The camps staff is also amazing, the food is great and you don't want to leave when it's the end.
— Olivia F. Camper
Staff was amazing!
July 9, 2015: The staff was amazing and had great credibility! They definitely cared about us and wanted us to do better. With the heat, they kept us safe with frequent water breaks and even Popsicles! I couldn't have asked for a better experience!
— Aubrey W. Camper
July 12. 2014: I recommend Nike lacrosse camp to every lacrosse player because the staff is great, fun, and experienced. They have a lot to offer and show that they care. Also, the night games and tournament was a blast.
— Miya Y. Camper
July 12, 2014: The counselors, location, food, activities, campers, and lax pennies were awesome!
— Katie D. Camper
July 11, 2014: Overall Nike Lacrosse camp taught me a lot! It taught me small skills that overall improved my game! I had a great time.
— Claire H. Camper
Fun and positive experience.
July 9, 2014: This was a great camp, met a lot of new campers and made a lot of new friends. Very instructional and widened my view of the game. Thanks!!
— Sophia M. Camper
July 15, 2013: My daughter came home raving about her camp experience. She had a ton of fun and learned so much. She can’t wait to go again next summer at Otterbein!
— Kevin H. Camper
July 15, 2013: This lacrosse camp really helps you learn the game and you get to hangout with teens your age who love lax like you do.
— Jaime L. Camper
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.