Nike Girls Lacrosse Camp at Furman University
2024 Dates & Prices Coming Soon!
Furman University's campus is located at the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in the upstate region of South Carolina. Head Coach, Kirkland Lewis, has created a curriculum that will develop your skills and understanding of the game using both drills and game play scenarios. Each session will involve skill work, concept work and competition play.
The Furman Nike Lacrosse Camp includes multi focused instructional sessions for all positions and scrimmages that take place each day on Furman’s grass recreation fields. Overnight campers are supervised in the student dormitories located a short walk from the fields.
The Nike Girls Lacrosse Camp at Furman University is open to any and all entrants (limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender).
- High School & Youth Camp for Girls Ages 9-18
- Superior instruction from College Coaches and Players
- 8:1 camper to instructor on field ratio
- Daily emphasis on fundamentals, position training, drills and scrimmages
- Team discounts available
- Special goalie instruction and discounts available
- Every camper receives a reversible Nike practice jersey
- Nike and STX Prizes for outstanding play, sportsmanship and improvement
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Kirkland Lewis
Kirkland Lewis is in her first season as head coach of the Furman women's lacrosse program. Lewis was announced as the second head coach in program history on November 16, 2021 by athletic director Jason Donnelly.View Kirkland Lewis's Bio ⟩
Lewis comes to Greenville after serving as an assistant coach at Bucknell during the 2021 season, where she was the Bison’s defensive and recruiting coordinator. She coached defender Ella Payer to second team All-Patriot League honors last season while Bucknell recorded victories over American, Colgate and Lafayette.
Prior to joining Bucknell, Lewis was the head coach at Division III Whitman College for three seasons. Only the second head coach in program history, she coached two IWLCA All-Region selections in Olivia Engle and Sage Ali. Her players also earned 11 All-Northwest Conference recognitions.
At Whitman, Lewis was also responsible for conducting camps and clinics, fundraising, and building a recruiting database. For two of her three seasons, she was the only coach on the Blues' staff.
Prior to being named head coach at Whitman, Lewis was an assistant coach for three seasons at Division II University of District of Columbia where she served as the defensive and recruiting coordinator. Lewis also oversaw the team’s academic program progress and community service projects.
“We are thrilled that Kirkland Lewis is joining the Furman Family as our new head coach for women’s lacrosse,” Donnelly said. “Kirkland is a talented and energetic former student-athlete with successful head coaching and recruiting experience. Throughout the search process, she clearly distinguished herself and is a leader that we can invest in as we look towards the future of the women's lacrosse program.”
She began her collegiate coaching career in 2014 as an assistant coach at Division III Randolph-Macon College. Lewis served as the program’s defensive coordinator and goalkeeper coach. She was instrumental in the Yellow Jackets’ community service efforts, social media initiatives and off-season fitness programming.
Lewis played collegiately at Old Dominion, where she was coached by former United States National Team head coach Sue Stahl. Following her graduation in 2012 with a bachelor's degree in criminal justice, she obtained her master's degree in sports administration from Delaware State. In 2013, she captained the inaugural varsity lacrosse team.
Lewis also has experience coaching at the club level. Over the course of her career, she has worked for Ultimate Lacrosse Club (2008-12, 2015), Storm Lacrosse Club (2013-14), Elevate Lacrosse Club (2016-17) and the Tenacity Project (2019).
She is heavily involved in the Intercollegiate Women's Lacrosse Coaches Association (IWLCA), having served as an Outreach Committee Chair, a Northwest Conference Representative, and an All-Region Committee member. In addition, she is on the NCAA Regional Advisory Committee and is a US Lacrosse Diversity and Inclusion Clinician.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect a high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early. Lacrosse is exploding in the southeast and we hope to make a positive and continuing contribution to the evolution and maturation of the sport in this region. This year, Furman is offering one week of overnight with an extended day (9:00am-9:30pm) camp option for ages 9-18. Our focus for this camp will be on instruction, working with our campers to improve not only their individual skills and sense of the game, but also their ability to contribute to team skills and success.
- Dates: July 17-20
- Age Group: 9-18
- Gender: Girls
- Camp Type: Overnight, Extended Day (commuter)
- Check-in: Check-in takes place between 12:00-1:30pm on Monday, July 17th at Lakeside Housing parking lot. A detailed schedule for the week will be provided at that time.
- Check-out: There will be a closing ceremony at the field on Thursday, July 20th at 12:00pm. Extended day campers depart from the field and overnight campers check-out from the dorm immediately following our last field session on Thursday.
- Extended Day Schedule: MON 1:30PM-9:30PM, TUE-WED 9AM-9:30PM, THURS 9AM-NOON **Times subject to change
- Meals: All meals are provided for Overnight campers. Lunch and dinner are provided for all Extended Day (commuter) campers.
- Program: The Skills program is designed to provide campers the fundamental skills, position specific training and in-game tactical knowledge needed to enhance your game.
Lakeside Housing (Haynsworth & Ramsay Hall)
Greenville, SC 29613
Click Here for Directions
Monday, July 17th
- Check-in takes place between 12:00-1:30pm on Monday, July 17th at the Lakeside Housing parking lot. A detailed schedule for the week will be provided at that time.
Thursday, July 20th
- There will be a closing ceremony at the field on Thursday, July 20th at 12:00pm. Extended day campers depart from the field and overnight campers check-out from the dorm immediately following our last field session on Thursday.
- Dorm: Haynsworth Hall & Ramsay Hall
- Number of Campers Per Room: 2 per room
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be mutual and received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: Shared
- Linens: Not included. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase, and a towel.
- Air Conditioning: Yes • Dorm has AC - No portable fan necessary
The staff reside in the dormitories with the campers and participate in all activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning, afternoon, and evening training sessions
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
- Reversible Jersey & Prizes: Campers at multi-day camps will receive a Nike Lacrosse Camps Reversible Jersey and prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Please bring your protective goggles, mouthpiece, cleats, and lacrosse stick.
- Facility: Furman Athletic Fields
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
Checklist of things to bring:
- Slides or Sandals
- Athletic Socks
- Lacrosse Stick(s)
- Protective Goggles
- Goalies Must Have Full Protective Equipment
- Comfortable Off-Field Clothes
- Toiletries & Personal Items
- Water Bottle
- Extra Towels
- Alarm Clock
- Spending money (approx. $50)
- AC in dorms, fan not needed
- Pillow & Pillowcase
- Twin XL Sheets/Blanket or Sleeping Bag
- Signed Heath & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
EXTENDED DAY CAMPERS
Checklist of Things to Bring: We recommend that all Extended Day Campers bring a daily pack with the following items: Along with your lacrosse equipment, we recommend that you bring a day pack with the following items: mask, water bottle, weather appropriate clothing, cleats, and walking shoes.
Camp Schedule & Meals:
- Monday: Extended Day Campers should arrive dressed and ready to play. You will be assigned a counselor and given a complete schedule of all events during the week. Extended Day Campers stay until 9:30pm.
- Tuesday-Wednesday: Extended Day Camper Hours – 9:00am-9:30pm. Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Thursday: Extended Day Camper Hours - 9:00am-12:00pm. Check-out is immediately after the camp concludes. Departure time may change depending on the event.
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE LACROSSE CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our lacrosse camps please see our FAQ page.
OVERNIGHT CAMP AMENITIES
• 3 nights lodging • All meals
• Nightly recreational activities
• Nike practice jersey
EXTENDED DAY CAMP AMENITIES
• Lunch & dinner
• Nightly recreational activities
• Nike practice jersey
• Camp hours: MON 1:30PM-9:30PM, TUE-WED 9AM-9:30PM, THURS 9AM-NOON **Times subject to change
TEAM DISCOUNT: If five or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $25 discount. Please have a team contact reach out directly to the USSC office at 1-800-645-3226 to receive a discount code to identify your group. Campers may then register through the website at their convenience and apply the coupon code during check-out.
GOALIE DISCOUNT: To ensure each session has enough goalies for drills and scrimmages, all goalies automatically qualify for a special $50 discount. You can call 1-800-645-3226 to receive the goalie discount over the phone or you can indicate that you are eligible for the goalie discount in the “comments” field when registering via our secure website. Goalie discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 am Breakfast (Overnighters)
- 9:00 am Stretching and Conditioning
- 9:30 am Line Drills and Stations
- 10:30 am Position Work
- Noon Lunch and rest
- 1:30 pm 1v1, 2v2, and fastbreaks
- 3:00 pm Drill stations and scrimmaging
- 5:00 pm Dinner and supervised free time
- 6:30 pm Back to field for games
- 9:00 pm Extended Day Campers depart
- 10:00 pm Overnight Campers to rooms; Lights out!
Furman University's campus is located at the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in the upstate region of South Carolina. A 40-acre lake is a highlight of the 750-acre (304 ha) wooded campus. Paris Mountain State Park overlooks the lake and campus. Most buildings are of Georgian-style architecture.
July 24, 2023: My child had never before picked up a lacrosse stick. She was prime example of a beginner Lacrosse player. The coach was very understanding responded to all questions and was extremely helpful. Day 2 my child was suffering from major blisters, the coach responded to my phone calls and concerns and went beyond my expectations to make sure Kristin was having a great experience. She had only been to a one night camp. This camp was four days and she absolutely had a great time and loved all of the coaches and staff.
July 25, 2023: Having so many practices that my daughter could improve her skills and work with a lot of other different skilled players.
July 22, 2022: The counselors were super nice, meeting new players from around the country and new skills.
July 30, 2023: Having both daughters at the same camp (both age groups) and playing together at times.
July 22, 2022: The raffle was super cool! She learned a few new tricks which she really enjoyed.
July 22, 2022: The fun counselors and coaches teaching us how to become better at our position.
July 23, 2022: Learning from coaches and playing with girls of all skill level
July 29, 2022: Getting to learn all types of footwork and dribbling skills!
A Great Time!
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.