Nike Boys Lacrosse Camp at The Green Vale School
2023 Dates & Prices Now Available!
Come join us this summer at the Nike Boys Lacrosse Camp. Located at the Green Vale School in Glen Head, NY.
This is a skills day camp designed for youth lacrosse players ages 6-14, from Nassau County and beyond. In addition to stick skills, position work, and scrimmaging, this camp includes a specialized speed and agility program. The feature that separates this camp from the rest is our daily Pro-session where campers are exposed to the highest level of play.
- Skills Camp for Boys Ages 6-14
- Daily NCAA, MLL and PLL Lacrosse Coaches for specialized instruction
- 8:1 camper to instructor on field ratio
- Daily emphasis on fundamentals, position training, drills and scrimmages
- Team discounts available
- Special goalie instruction available
- Every camper receives a reversible Nike practice jersey
- Nike and STX Prizes for outstanding play, sportsmanship and improvement
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Matt Carroll
Matt has been around the game of lacrosse for 15 plus years. From growing up on Long Island and playing competitively for Northport High school, as well as on the club circuit, to now coaching on the club circuit and in the Port Washington School district as a varsity coach. Lacrosse has awarded Matt many different opportunities both on and off the field to grow as a player, a coach, and as a person.View Matt Carroll's Bio ⟩
Matt played 4 years of varsity lacrosse at Northport High school where he finished #8 all time in points scored at the time of his graduation. He was a team captain his senior year and voted as an All League and All County player his Junior and Senior Year. After graduating, Matt went on to play 4 years of Division 1 lacrosse at the University of Hartford. During his time at Hartford, Matt saw game time in all 4 seasons and was voted to the America East Student Athlete Honor Roll in 3 of his 4 seasons. During his Senior year Matt had a breakout year on the field finishing with 29 points and he was voted Most Improved Player by his coaches and teammates. After his playing career came to an end, Matt immediately went into coaching.
Matt started his coaching career with a prominent club program on Long Island. He was assigned as an assistant coach to an older team in his first year with the program. He was then assigned as the Head Coach to the 2026 team when they started in third grade and has been with them to this day. With the success he and the 2026 team experienced throughout the various summer seasons, Matt was promoted to Director of Player Development in the program. Matt still holds both roles for his club program and has also been coaching in the Port Washington School district as an assistant coach with the varsity team for the last 5 years. Matt works closely with the offense throughout the year to help the players develop their offensive skills, as well as to prepare them for the next level of college lacrosse. Matt loves what he does as a coach, and is truly passionate about making his players better both on and off the field.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect a high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early. This summer, The Green Vale School is offering a one week half day camp (9:00am-3:00pm) for ages 6-14.
- Dates: August 7-10
- Age Group: 6-14
- Gender: Boys
- Camp Type: Day Camp
- Schedule: 9:00am-3:00pm, Monday-Thursday
- Check-In: 8:30am-9:00am at the The Green Vale School
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided. Please bring a packed lunch.
- Program: For the rising stars/junior high program at the NIKE Boys Lacrosse Camp, our goal is to provide campers the fundamental skills, position specific training and in-game tactical knowledge needed to enhance your game.
The Green Vale School
250 Valentines Ln
Glen Head, NY 11545
Monday, August 7th to Thursday, August 10th
- Check in Day 1: 8:30am-9:00am at the Green Vale School Field
- Check in Day 2, 3 & 4: 8:15-8:30am at the Green Vale School Field
- Check out: 3:00pm at the Green Vale School Field
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning and afternoon training sessions
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Reversible Jersey & Prizes: Campers will receive a Nike Lacrosse Reversible Jersey and prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Please bring your helmet, mouthpiece, cleats, lacrosse stick, gloves, and pads.
- Facility: Athletic Fields
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Health & Release Forms (Online)
- Cleats or Turf Shoes
- Helmet and Mouthpiece
- Lacrosse Stick, Gloves & Pads
- Water Bottle
- Please Bring a Healthy Lunch and Snack Each Day
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE LACROSSE CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our lacrosse camps please see our FAQ page.
SAMPLE DAILY SCHEDULE
- 8:30-9:00am: Check In
- 9:00am: Full camp stretch and strengthen - Shoulder, wrist, and back exercises to increase fundamental passing, shooting, ground ball,l and defensive checking abilities
- 9:15-10:30am: Fundamental stick work, ball movement, shooting; instructed to increase lacrosse IQ for game situations
- 10:30-11:30am: Position-specific training: Attack, Midfield, Defense, Face-offs, Goalies
- 11:30-12:00pm: Lunch
- 12:00-1:00pm: Scripted and Structured game situations, made to simulate specific aspects of live-game play, created for experience and immediate feedback from coaches
- 1:00-2:00pm: Game
- 2:00-3:00pm: Position-specific training: Attack, Midfield, Defense, Face-offs, Goalies- created to lead into the next day’s lacrosse IQ concepts that will be covered.
- 3:00pm: Check out/ Pick Up
The Green Vale School
The Green Vale School, founded in 1923, is located in Old Brookville, NY on a beautiful forty-acre campus.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
Overall Average RatingStars
August 2, 2019: Great camp and the staff was excellent! My son enjoyed his entire time there.
— Russ D. Parent
Loved The Scrimmages!
August 6, 2019: My son loves to compete and learn. So the scrimmage at the end of the day was great as to where he put together what he learned during the stations.
— Marcus D. Parent
August 3, 2018: I wished the camp was longer and was available for more than one session, my son loved it so much. It was great experience for my him. The coaches enthusiasm and love of the game was on display. It was nice to see.
— Natalia G. Parent
Couldn't be happier!
August 10, 2017: Our first year at Nike lax camp and we couldn't be happier!! Coaches were fantastic.
— Brent R. Parent
August 11, 2016: Coach Isaac Neal is fantastic! My 7th grade son really likes the workout he gets from him. Not only does he get great workout, but more importantly he gets a tremendous amount of quality coaching and lax IQ from Coach Neal. I would definitely recommend attending one of his camps as I am sure Coach Neal will bring the same level of dedication, knowledge and spirit he has consistently displayed to my son and the others I have seen him work with.
— Adam D.Camper
August 10, 2016: My son has participated in a number of group clinics and camps with Coach Neal over the last few years. He has had always had a fun experience and we have seen tremendous improvement in his game and overall lacrosse knowledge. In particular Coach Neal has been instrumental in helping my son successfully transition to long pole over the last two years.
— Frank A.Camper
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.