Nike Boys Lacrosse Camp at Montreat College
2024 DATES & PRICES NOW AVAILABLE!
Nike Lacrosse Camps is excited to bring its programs to Montreat College in Summer 2024! The camp mixes elite lacrosse instruction with an incredible summer experience. This camp will provide a fantastic opportunity for young players to learn from amazing coaches and have a blast in the process! The camp staff is comprised of passionate college coaches, high school coaches, and student athletes who are committed to helping campers improve their skills and create lifelong memories. The camp is open to boys, ages 9-18.
- High School & Youth Camp for Boys Ages 9-18
- Superior instruction from College Coaches and Players
- 10:1 camper to instructor on field ratio
- Daily emphasis on fundamentals, position training, drills and scrimmages
- Team discounts available
- Special goalie instruction and discounts available
- Every camper receives a reversible Nike practice jersey
- Nike and STX Prizes for outstanding play, sportsmanship and improvement
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Brian Holland
Former Hofstra University team captain and father of current Montreat men's lacrosse player Justin Holland, Brian Holland, was named the head coach of the Montreat men's lacrosse program in May of 2023. He enters 2023-24 in his first season.View Brian's Bio ⟩
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand for these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early. This summer, Montreat College is offering one week of overnight with an extended day camp (9:00am-9:00pm) option for ages 9-18. Our focus for this camp will be on instruction, working with our campers to improve not only their individual skills and sense of the game but also their ability to contribute to team skills and success.
- Dates: July 15-18
- Age Group: 9-18
- Gender: Boys
- Camp Type: Overnight, Extended Day (commuter)
- Check-In: Check-in takes place on Monday, July 15th between 12:00pm-1:00pm at Davis Hall with the first field session starting at 2:00pm that evening. A detailed schedule for the week will be provided at that time.
- Check-out: There will be a closing ceremony at the field on Thursday, July 18th at 12:30pm. All campers depart from the field following our last field session on Thursday.
- Extended Day Schedule: MON 2PM-9PM, TUE-WED 9AM-9PM, THUR 9AM-12:30PM **Times subject to change
- Meals: All meals are provided for Overnight campers. Lunch and dinner are provided for all Extended Day (commuter) campers. Lunch will not be provided on the first or last day.
- Program: The High School & Middle School/Youth Camp is designed for players (ages 9-18), and focuses on stick skills, position play, team concepts, and an overall intense level of competition.
Montreat College - Davis Hall
393 S Carolina Terrace
Montreat, NC 28757
Click Here for Directions
- Dorm: Davis Hall
- Number of Campers Per Room: 2 per room
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be mutual and received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: Shared
- Linens: Not included. Bring linens or a sleeping bag, a pillow, a pillowcase, and a towel.
- Air Conditioning: YES - Dorm has A/C
The staff reside in the dormitories with the campers and participate in all activities. Drugs, alcohol, and tobacco are strictly prohibited and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning, afternoon, and evening training sessions
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus. All meals are included in the program except for lunch on Monday and Thursday.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are included in the program except for lunch on Monday and Thursday.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
- Reversible Jersey & Prizes: Campers at multi-day camps will receive a Nike Lacrosse Camps Reversible Jersey and prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Please bring your helmet, mouthpiece, cleats, lacrosse stick, gloves, and pads.
- Facility: Pulliam Stadium/Howard Fisher Memorial Field
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes before camp starts, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps are NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
Checklist of things to bring:
- Athletic Socks
- Helmet & Mouthpiece
- Lacrosse Stick(s), Gloves, Pads
- Goalies Must Have Full Protective Equipment
- Comfortable Off-Field Clothes
- Toiletries & Personal Items
- Water Bottle
- Turf Shoes or Running Shoes for
- Alarm Clock
- Extra Towels
- Non-Perishable Snack Foods
- Spending money (approx. $50)
- Pillow & Pillowcase
- Twin XL Sheets/Blanket or Sleeping Bag
- No Fan Needed – Dorms Are Air Conditioned
- Signed Heath & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
EXTENDED DAY CAMPERS
Checklist of Things to Bring: We recommend that all Extended Day Campers bring a daily pack with the following items: Along with your lacrosse equipment, we recommend that you bring a day pack with the following items: water bottle, weather-appropriate clothing, cleats, and walking shoes.
Camp Schedule & Meals:
- Monday: Extended Day Campers should arrive dressed and ready to play. You will be assigned a counselor and given a complete schedule of all events during the week. Day Campers stay until 9:00pm.
- Tuesday: Extended Day Camper Hours – 9:00am-9:00pm. Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Wednesday: Extended Day Camper Hours - 9:00am-9:00pm. Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Thursday: Check-out is immediately after the camp concludes at 12:30pm. Departure time may change depending on the event.
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE LACROSSE CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our lacrosse camps please see our FAQ page.
TEAM DISCOUNT: If five or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $25 discount. Please have a team contact reach out directly to the USSC office at 1-800-645-3226 to receive a discount code to identify your group. Campers may then register through the website at their convenience and apply the coupon code during check-out.
GOALIE DISCOUNT: To ensure each session has enough goalies for drills and scrimmages, all goalies automatically qualify for a special $50 discount. You can call 1-800-645-3226 to receive the goalie discount over the phone or you can indicate that you are eligible for the goalie discount in the “comments” field when registering via our secure website. Goalie discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 am Breakfast (Overnighters)
- 9:00 am Stretching and Conditioning
- 9:30 am Line Drills and Stations
- 10:30 am Position Work
- Noon Lunch and rest
- 1:30 pm 1v1, 2v2, and fastbreaks
- 3:00 pm Drill stations and scrimmaging
- 5:00 pm Dinner and supervised free time
- 6:30 pm Back to field for games
- 9:00 pm Extended Day Campers depart
- 10:00 pm Overnight Campers to rooms; Lights out!
Pulliam Stadium/Howard Fisher Memorial Field
Located on the college's Black Mountain Campus, Howard Fisher Memorial Field serves as home to the men's and women's soccer teams as well as men's and women's lacrosse and men's and women's track & field.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.