Nike Boys Lacrosse Camp at Otterbein University
2024 Dates & Prices Coming Soon!
Come join, Head Coach, Colin Hartnett and his staff this summer 2023 at the Nike Boys Lacrosse Camp at Otterbein University. This is a complete skills camp designed for youth lacrosse players ages 10-14. All facets of the game will be covered ranging from stick skills, position play and team concepts. Campers will also be able to incorporate these skills into the daily game play.
Otterbein University is a private, liberal arts college located 16 miles north of downtown Columbus in Westerville, OH. As a NCAA Division III member of the Ohio Athletic Conference, the Otterbein Men’s Lacrosse Team is beginning it’s 14th season of varsity competition in the spring of 2023.
- Complete Skills Camp for Boys Ages 10-14
- Superior instruction from College Coaches
- 8:1 camper to instructor on field ratio
- Daily emphasis on fundamentals, position training, drills and scrimmages
- Team discount available
- Special goalie instruction and discounts available
- Reversible mesh Nike practice jersey
- Nike and STX Prizes for outstanding play, sportsmanship and improvement
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Colin Hartnett
Colin Hartnett began his 14th season as head men's lacrosse coach at Otterbein in 2022-23.View Colin Hartnett's Bio ⟩
The Cardinals have gone 111-80 under Hartnett since the school's first season in 2010, including three-straight trips to the NCAA Division III Championships (2013-15) and back-to-back Ohio Athletic Conference (OAC) Tournament titles in 2014 and 2015. His squad also earned the 2014 OAC regular-season championship, and made the title game in 2016.
Hartnett earned his 100th coaching win in thrilling fashion before the 2020 campaign was abruptly stopped due to COVID. The Cardinals won 9-8 at Oberlin in (what ended up being) the final game of that spring, netting two goals in the last 1:50 of regulation to escape victorious.
Hartnett has nine winning seasons under his belt, capturing the inaugural OAC Tournament crown in 2014 with a 13-8 win over John Carroll. Otterbein has had 44 all-conference players under his guidance, including standouts Marcus Willis and Robbie Guiliano going on to sign professionally with the Ohio Machine. Mikey O'Neal (2014) and Joe Sanfillipo (2019) received OAC Clyde Lamb Awards, presented annually to the top male and female student-athletes at each of the 10 league schools.
Hartnett came to Otterbein from St. John Fisher College in Pittsford, N.Y. where he had been the assistant coach for the men’s lacrosse team since graduating from the College of Wooster in 2003. In his five years at St. John Fisher, Hartnett helped build a team from the ground up and take it to the Eastern College Athletic Conference (ECAC) playoffs three years in a row and to a school best 11-3 record in 2008.
He served as the offensive coordinator in 2004 and 2005 at St. John Fisher, and as the defensive coordinator since 2006. While offensive coordinator, the team finished the 2005 season averaging 10.8 goals a game, an increase over the 8.3 average in 2004. As defensive coordinator, the unit improved to 28th of 130 teams in the country, allowing just 7.3 goals an outing in 2008, a sharp drop from the 13.4 average in 2004.
A native of Canandaigua, N.Y, Hartnett received his Bachelor of Arts in History from Wooster in 2003. He earned four varsity letters in lacrosse, finishing as the school’s fourth all-time leading scorer. As a freshman, Hartnett scored 52 points and was runner-up for the North Coast Athletic Conference (NCAC) Newcomer of the Year award. He was a 2x member of the All-NCAC team and served as captain his junior season.
Harnett and his wife, Hilary, reside in Westerville.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect a high demand for these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early. This summer, Otterbein University is offering one week of overnight with an extended day camp (9:00am-9:00pm) option for ages 9-18.
- Dates: July 24-27
- Age Group: 10-14
- Gender: Boys
- Camp Type: Overnight, Extended Day (commuter)
- Check-In: Check-in takes place on Monday between 1:00pm-2:00pm at Campus Center.
- Check-out: Check-out takes place from 12:00pm at Campus Center.
- Extended Day Schedule: MON 2PM-9PM, TUE 9AM-8:45PM, WED 9AM-8:45PM, THUR 9AM-12 NOON **Times subject to change
- Meals: All meals are provided for Overnight campers. Lunch and dinner are provided for all Extended Day (commuter) campers.
- Program: The Advanced Skills/Complete Skills Camp is designed for high school/youth players (ages 10-16), and focuses on stick skills, position play, team concepts, and an overall intense level of competition.
Otterbein University-Campus Center
100 W. Home St
Westerville, Ohio 43081
Directions & Parking: Google Maps
The information below is based on previous years and is subject to change each year.
- Dorm: Devore Hall
- Number of Campers Per Room: 2 per room
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be mutual and received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: Shared
- Linens: Not included. Bring linens or a sleeping bag, a pillow, a pillowcase, and a towel.
- Air Conditioning: Yes
The staff reside in the dormitories with the campers and participate in all activities. Drugs, alcohol, and tobacco are strictly prohibited and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning, afternoon, and evening training sessions
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
- Reversible Jersey & Prizes: Campers at multi-day camps will receive a Nike Lacrosse Camps Reversible Jersey and prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Please bring your helmet, mouthpiece, cleats, lacrosse stick, gloves, and pads.
- Facility: Athletic Fields
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
Checklist of things to bring:
- Athletic Socks
- Helmet & Mouthpiece
- Lacrosse Stick(s), Gloves, Pads
- Goalies Must Have Full Protective Equipment
- Comfortable Off-Field Clothes
- Toiletries & Personal Items
- Water Bottle
- Turf Shoes or Running Shoes for
- Alarm Clock
- Extra Towels
- Non-Perishable Snack Foods
- Spending money (approx. $50)
- Pillow & Pillowcase
- Twin XL Sheets/Blanket or Sleeping Bag
- No Fan Needed – Dorms are air conditioned
- Signed Heath & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
EXTENDED DAY CAMPERS
Checklist of Things to Bring: We recommend that all Extended Day Campers bring a daily pack with the following items: Along with your lacrosse equipment, we recommend that you bring a day pack with the following items: water bottle, weather-appropriate clothing, cleats, and walking shoes.
Camp Schedule & Meals:
- Monday: Extended Day Campers should arrive dressed and ready to play. You will be assigned a counselor and given a complete schedule of all events during the week. Day Campers stay until 8:30pm. Dinner is provided.
- Tuesday: Extended Day Camper Hours – 9:00am-8:45pm. Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Wednesday: Extended Day Camper Hours - 9:00am-8:45pm. Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Thursday: Check-out is immediately after the camp concludes at 12:00pm. Departure time may change depending on the event.
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE LACROSSE CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our lacrosse camps please see our FAQ page.
TEAM DISCOUNT: If five or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $25 discount. Please have a team contact reach out directly to the USSC office at 1-800-645-3226 to receive a discount code to identify your group. Campers may then register through the website at their convenience and apply the coupon code during check-out.
GOALIE DISCOUNT: To ensure each session has enough goalies for drills and scrimmages, all goalies automatically qualify for a special $50 discount. You can call 1-800-645-3226 to receive the goalie discount over the phone or you can indicate that you are eligible for the goalie discount in the “comments” field when registering via our secure website. Goalie discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Note: These two discounts cannot be combined.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 am Breakfast (Overnighters)
- 8:50 AM Campers Arrive
- 9:00 am Stretching and Conditioning
- 9:30 am Line Drills and Stations
- 10:30 am Position Work
- Noon Lunch and rest
- 1:30 pm 1v1, 2v2, and fastbreaks
- 3:00 pm Drill Stations and scrimmaging
- 5:00 pm Dinner and supervised free time
- 6:30 pm Back to fields for games
- 9:00 pm Extended Day Campers depart
- 10:00 pm Overnight Campers to rooms; Lights out!
Otterbein University, located in Westerville, Ohio, is a four-year private institution founded in 1847. Less than 30 minutes from Columbus, Otterbein has a warm and friendly small-town atmosphere while remaining conveniently located to a large metropolitan city. With 140 acres of beautiful and historic campus along with top notch facilities, Otterbein provides a great environment for a lacrosse camp.
Learned a lot at Camp!
the days flew by
July 16, 2021: The coaches were excellent with the kids and he really enjoyed all of the drills. My son was worried about the camp lasting so long, but he said the days flew by and he was disappointed it wasn’t offered on Friday! It was an excellent camp!
— Megan H., Parent
boosted his confidence
July 16, 2021: My son had lost a lot of confidence during his past lacrosse season and had even expressed that he did not want to play lacrosse after the spring season. This camp definitely boosted his confidence and reminded him how much fun the game is and that he has enough skill to play.
— Aric A., Parent
Exceeded my Expectations!
July 24, 2019: My son is a kid, that at times, you have to bring him along (make him work versus being lazy). This kid loved this camp so much that he found that working hard is also having fun. He has really started to thoroughly love lacrosse and cannot wait to attend next year. I am in the customer service business, so it can be very hard to surprise me. The devotion, dedication and overall attention this coaching staff dedicated to those kids and the program as a whole EXCEEDED my expectations over and over again. Well worth the investment any day.
— Kathy M. Parent
Thanks so much!
July 18, 2018: Thanks so much for running a great youth lacrosse camp! My son had lots of fun and gained more knowledge of the game and skills, to take with him as he starts high school lacrosse as a freshman next month. He couldn’t stop talking about camp on our drive home. It was very well organized, safe, great food-very kind staff in the dining hall-older lady, my son said she was like a grandmother to the boys, liked staying in the clean dorms, and the competitions-he won two prizes. Good Stuff! Thanks again!
— Michelle S. Parent
July 19, 2018: We’ve been coming to this camp for years and I haven’t ran into one thing that has needed improvement. The staff is welcoming, organized, friendly and knowledgeable to the game! A+.
— Jennifer R. Parent
The coaches we awesome!
July 20, 2017: I loved the drills and the coaches were awesome! I made a lot of new friends, learned how to improve my shots on goal and got great feedback.
— Eric D. Camper
Small group instruction!
July 29, 2016: The small group instruction was good- my son learned a lot in that format. The Nike Lacrosse Camps have excellent instruction and coaching. They really know how to run a camp correctly. We will be back next summer!
— Josh K. Parent
Wonderful experience at camp!
July 28, 2016: My son had an overall wonderful experience at camp! The coach did a great job from the very beginning, laying the ground rules for respecting others, having fun, and building skills. He had a blast, learned a lot, and had fun making some new friends. I was very impressed with the caliber of all the coaches and how everything ran so smoothly. Each day, he walked away with stories of specific new, high-level skills & tips he learned from the coaches. We definitely plan to return next year as an overnight camper. This time he was a day camper, because he was hesitant to do overnight when we registered for the 1st time. But within 10 minutes upon arrival, he wanted to be an overnight camper, having already made some friends.
— Ian B. Parent
Had a blast!
July 22, 2015: Otterbein did a great job with their lacrosse camp. They taught the boys teamwork and best of all the kids had a blast.
— Paige D. Parent
July 22, 2015: When I picked up my son each night from camp he was so excited about what he had learned. He made new friends and an absolute fun time at camp, and became a stronger athlete and lacrosse player.
— Joseph C. Parent
Great coach/player ratio.
July 21, 2015: Coaches interacted with players a ton. A lot of lacrosse prizes were awarded through out the camp, which was fun! The coach to player ratio was great.
— Collin T. Camper
July 20, 2015: This was our sons first Nike camp and he had a great experience. Definitely would recommend this for next year!
— Luke G. Parent
July 19, 2015: Blink and the day was over - always moving, always having fun, worked hard, played hard. Thx!
— Kyle G. Camper
July 22, 2014: My son absolutely had a great time! He loved the coaches and learned alot; he also had alot of fun too!!! Couldnt be happier with how it worked.
— Will M. Parent
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.