Nike Girls Lacrosse Camp University of San Diego
2023 Dates & Prices Now Available!
This NIKE Lacrosse Camp, located on the beautiful campus of the University of San Diego, is just minutes from downtown San Diego. Great weather, staff, and the beautiful USD campus make this camp location a favorite for many young athletes. Participating campers dine daily at USD’s gourmet cafeteria and have access to the University Pool and many other campus training amenities.
At the Nike Girls Lacrosse Camp at the University of San Diego, our goal is to bring out the very best in every lacrosse player we coach. Get ready for a week of focused, intensive training sessions lead by San Diego Lacrosse Hall of Fame Coach, Courtney Reidarson, and her coaching staff. Instruction takes place each day at USD's Valley Turf field, while overnight campers reside in dorms right on campus.
- High School and Youth Skills Camp for Girls Ages 11-18
- Superior instruction from College Coaches and Players
- 8:1 camper to instructor on field ratio
- Daily emphasis on fundamentals, position training, drills and scrimmages
- Team and sibling discounts available
- Special goalie instruction and discounts available
- Reversible mesh Nike practice jersey
- Nike and STX Prizes for outstanding play, sportsmanship and improvement
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Courtney Reidarson
Courtney Reidarson is a inductee into the San Diego Lacrosse Hall of Fame and a former San Diego Chapter President for US Lacrosse. Reidarson currently coaches at Alliance Lacrosse Club.View Courtney Reidarson's Bio ⟩
She has been involved with lacrosse for over 25 years, as a player, coach and an official. An All-American at U.C. Davis, Courtney started on the varsity squad for four years and led her team to three division championships. She was selected to play in the USWLA National Tournament as a sophomore, placing California on the map securing its first division championship. In Courtney’s junior and senior years at UCD, she forged her team ahead as the captain and leading scorer while being awarded All-League and MVP honors.
- Head Coach - 2028 Blue
- Hometown - Georgetown, DC
- Collegiate Playing - UC Davis Club (All American)
- San Diego Lacrosse - Hall of Fame
- 25 Years of Lacrosse Officiating
- Climbed Mt. Fuji
- Former Nepal Raft Guide
- Curacao Beach Tennis Champion
Staff - Goalie Coach Ashley Laing
On staff is UC Davis Goalkeeper, Ashley Laing.View Ashley Laing's Bio ⟩
HONORS & AWARDS
• 2021 MPSF All-Academic Team
• MPSF Defensive Player of the Week (3/9/20)
2023: Started all 14 games in goal for UC Davis...Recorded a career-best 145 saves...Logged 788 minutes on the year...Posted 11 games with double-digits saves, including a season-high 16 stops against UAlbany on March 15...Registered a goals-against-average of 12.86 and a save percentage of .462.
2022: Started 12 of the team's 13 games between the posts...Made 143 saves on 420 shots faced...Posted a goals-against-average of 12.51...Logged 705 of 780 possible minutes for the Aggies...Recorded double-digit saves in nine of her 12 starts...Racked up a career-high 19 saves in the season finale against USC (April 30)...Registered four games with 15 or more saves.
2021: Appeared in 12 of the team’s 16 matches on the year, making four starts in net… Made her first career start in a win over San Diego State at home on April 11… Finished 3-0 on the year with a 10.12 goals against average and 67 saves… Her .523 save percentage (61 goals allowed, 67 saves) led the MPSF and ranks fifth on the school’s single-season list… Posted three matches with double-digit stops, including a season-high 15 (while facing 41 shots) in a win over Oregon on April 17… Also had 12 saves in a win over San Diego State on April 11 and 10 more off the bench at Arizona State on March 21.
2020: Appeared in three matches in goal off the bench for the Aggies during the shortened 2020 season… Ended the year with a 12.81 goals against average and 20 goals allowed in just under 94 minutes, finishing with 15 saves and a .429 save percentage… Ranked second among qualifiers in the MPSF in save percentage… Made her Division I debut in the season opener against Arizona State on Feb. 8… Earned the win in the Aggies upset victory over Georgetown (3/9), making 10 saves, allowing only seven goals… Also entered in relief against George Mason, finishing with five saves in 38 minutes.
OAK RIDGE HS ’19: Four-year letter winner for the Trojans… Four-time All-Sacramento Valley Lacrosse Conference selection, including first-team honors her final three prep seasons… Named a U.S. Lacrosse All-American as a senior after stopping 62 percent of the shots put her way… Helped the Trojans to three-straight SVLC titles and a second-place CIF Sac-Joaquin section finishes her freshman through junior years… Named the Oak Ridge HS Female Athlete of the Year as a sophomore… Also played basketball her freshman through junior years.
PERSONAL: Parents are Scott and Candace… Has a brother, Jack… Played club for Tenacity out of Sacramento for five years… Hopes to become a firefighter or go into sports medicine after graduation… Her great, great uncle is President Harry S. Truman… Chose UC Davis because “of it’s diverse community, outstanding academics, and excellent athletic programs. I saw myself thriving at UC Davis.”
Staff Annie Cimperman
On staff is UC Davis player, Annie Cimperman.View Annie Cimperman's Bio ⟩
Cimperman made six appearances for the Aggies in her debut season and scored four goals and tallied two assists for six total points. She netted her first collegiate goal against Kent State on March 5 and recorded her first career hat-trick in the March 7 win over Howard.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect a high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early. This summer, San Diego is offering two sessions of overnight with an Extended Day Camp (9:00 AM to 9:00 PM) option available.
- Dates: June 18-21
- Age Group: 11-18
- Gender: Girls
- Camp Type: Overnight, Extended Day (commuter)
- Check-In: ALL CAMPERS: Check-in takes place at the entrance of the parking lot leading to Valley Field between 2:00-3:00pm. At 3:00pm all campers and staff will walk together to Manchester Field for staff introductions and first session of lacrosse.
- Check-out: Check-out takes place between 10:00am-11:00am on Wednesday. Exact time and location of the camp closing ceremony will be confirmed by the camp director on the first day of camp.
- Extended Day Schedule: SUN 3PM-9PM, MON-TUE 9AM-9PM, WED 9AM-11AM **Times subject to change
- Meals: All meals are provided for Overnight campers. Lunch and dinner are provided for all Extended Day (commuter) campers.
- Program: The Advanced Skills/Complete Skills Camp is designed for high school/youth players (ages 11-18), and focuses on stick skills, position play, team concepts, and an overall intense level of competition.
University of San Diego
Valley A Residence Suites
1659 Santa Paula Drive
San Diego, CA 92111
for Directions **Check in will take place at the cul-de-sac at the end of San Dimas Ave**
Sunday, June 18th
- ALL CAMPERS: Check-in takes place at the entrance of the parking lot leading to Valley Field between 2:00-3:00pm. At 3:00pm all campers and staff will walk together to Manchester Field for staff introductions and first session of lacrosse.
Wednesday, June 21st
- Check-out takes place between 10:00am-11:00am on Wednesday. Exact time and location of the camp closing ceremony will be confirmed by the camp director on the first day of camp.
- Dorm: Valley A Residence Suites
- Number of Campers Per Room: 2 per room
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be mutual and received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: Shared
- Linens: Not included. Bring linens or a sleeping bag, a pillow, a pillowcase, and a towel.
- Air Conditioning: There is no A/C in dorms. Campers can bring a fan.
The staff reside in the dormitories with the campers and participate in all activities. Drugs, alcohol, and tobacco are strictly prohibited and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning, afternoon, and evening training sessions
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
- Reversible Jersey & Prizes: Campers at multi-day camps will receive a Nike Lacrosse Camps Reversible Jersey and prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Please bring your protective goggles, mouthpiece, cleats, and lacrosse stick.
- Facility: USD Athletic Fields
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
Checklist of things to bring:
- Athletic Socks
- Protective Goggles
- Lacrosse Stick(s)
- Goalies Must Have Full Protective Equipment
- Comfortable Off-Field Clothes
- Toiletries & Personal Items
- Water Bottle
- Extra Towels
- Alarm Clock
- Water Bottle
- Spending money (approx. $50)
- Healthy Snacks
- Pillow & Pillowcase
- Twin XL Sheets/Blanket or Sleeping Bag
- Fan - dorms do not have A/C
- Signed Heath & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
- USD Youth Liability Form (form to be printed, filled out and turned it at camp)
EXTENDED DAY CAMPERS
Checklist of Things to Bring: We recommend that all Extended Day Campers bring a daily pack with the following items: Along with your lacrosse equipment, we recommend that you bring a day pack with the following items: water bottle, weather-appropriate clothing, cleats, and walking shoes.
Camp Schedule & Meals:
- Sunday: Extended Day Campers should arrive dressed and ready to play. You will be assigned a counselor and given a complete schedule of all events during the week. Day Campers stay until 9:00pm. Dinner is provided.
- Monday: Extended Day Camper Hours – 9:00am-9:00pm. Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Tuesday: Extended Day Camper Hours - 9:00am-9:00pm. Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Wednesday: Check-out is immediately after the camp concludes at 11:00am. Parents are encouraged early to watch games and attend camp farewell ceremony with awards! Departure time may change depending on the event.
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE LACROSSE CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our lacrosse camps please see our FAQ page.
OVERNIGHT CAMP AMENITIES
• 3 nights lodging • All meals
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
EXTENDED DAY CAMP AMENITIES
• Lunch & dinner
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
• Camp hours: SUN 3PM-9PM, MON-TUE 9AM-9PM, WED 9AM-12PM **Times subject to change
Transportation is not provided by the camp to or from any airports. If you are flying to or from the San Diego International Airport we recommend Super Shuttle (1-800-622-2089, or visit https://www.supershuttle.com/l...). Please schedule flights as close as you can to the check-in times on the first day and check-out times on the last day.
Team Discount: If five or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $25 discount. Please have a team contact reach out directly to the USSC office at 1-800-645-3226 to receive a discount code to identify your group. Campers may then register through the website at their convenience and apply the coupon code during check-out. Team discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Goalie Discount: To ensure each session has enough goalies for drills and scrimmages, all goalies automatically qualify for a special $50 discount. You can call 1-800-645-3226 to receive the goalie discount over the phone or you can indicate that you are eligible for the goalie discount in the “comments” field when registering via our secure website. Goalie discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Sibling Discount: $25 off each player. You can call 1-800-645-3226 to receive the sibling discount over the phone or you can indicate that you are eligible for the sibling discount in the “comments” field when registering via our secure website. Sibling discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 am Breakfast (Overnighters)
- 9:00 am Stretching and Conditioning
- 9:30 am Line Drills and Stations
- 10:30 am Position Work
- Noon Lunch and rest
- 1:30 pm 1v1, 2v2, and fastbreaks
- 3:00 pm Drill stations and scrimmaging
- 5:00 pm Dinner and supervised free time
- 6:30 pm Back to field for games
- 9:00 pm Extended Day Campers depart
- 10:00 pm Overnight Campers to rooms; Lights out!
University of San Diego
The small private University of San Diego features stunning Pacific Ocean views from the Alcalá Park corner of campus but of course, with the campus being in San Diego it’s all gorgeous. If the Alcalá views aren’t enough for you, stroll around campus and you’ll be able to take in breath-taking views of the San Diego Harbor, the Coronado Islands, and La Jolla.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
Overall Average RatingStars
July 5, 2021: Our daughter has been playing for several years to include year round club play for the the last 4 years. Despite the excellent coaching and experiences she has had, the Nike Camp brought it to another level for her. She would call nightly with excitement over her new skills, techniques and friendships made at the camp. SHE LOVED IT!
— Daniel, Parent
July 2, 2021: I made some good friends at camp but the coaches helped explain things in a different way and gave me a new perspective on things I thought I already understood which helped me improve.
— Ashlyn, Camper
meeting new friends!
July 2, 2021: My highlight of the camp was being able to meet and play with girls who had the same passion and skill level as myself which greatly motivated me to push myself and implement my new skills on the field.
— Susanna, Camper
August 3, 2018: I had a great time meeting other girls that play lacrosse. I enjoyed getting new perspective from the coaches on areas to work on with my skills.
— Carly R. Camper
July 15, 2017: Learned new skills and corrections that helped our overall game, met new friends, boys vs. girls game was great fun ~ thank you!
— Crystal W. Camper
July 22, 2016: This camp was great at making everyone feel comfortable with their skills so that everyone can have fun and learn and not feel intimidated. They also excelled at organization, location, coaches with great experience, and a director that was excellent and very accessible.
— Melissa G. Parent
Truly enjoyed her camp experience!
July 22, 2016: My daughter truly enjoyed her camp experience. She learned new skills and improved her play. She is excited about attending another camp in the future to continue get growth.
— Steve K. Parent
I will definitely be back next year!
July 21, 2016: This camp taught me so much more than just the game of LAX. I learned how to get along with others that I had just meet and learned to function as a team immediately . I will definitely be back next year!
— Abby B. Camper
July 22, 2015: This year was my first time going to the Nike Lacrosse Camp, and it was amazing! I made new friends, and loved how kind and sweet all of the campers, staff and coaches were. It was an unforgettable experience, and I would love to come back next year
— Emma D. Camper
July 20, 2015: My daughter had an incredible experience at this camp. She felt that the instructors "were amazing" and that she raised her skills to the next level. She will definitely be back next year!
— Nina G. Parent
July 19, 2015: My daughter was a day camper but after a few hours called and begged to stay overnight. She meet some nice girls and the staff was fun. She saw the dorms and all the fun she would miss out. Courtney the director was very helpful and accomodating. Great experience. 1st time sleeping over at a camp. Will attend next year.
— Chloe S. Parent
July 18, 2015: I started this camp with very little knowledge of Lacrosse. I could throw and sort of catch, but that was about it! Throughout this camp, I learned how to catch and throw correctly, I learned the rules of the game, I learned tons of skills! After going to Nike Lacrosse Camp I feel confident about trying out for my high school team! I would most definitely recommend Nike Lacrosse Camp!
— Hilary K. Camper
July 18, 2015: The coaches and instructors were very helpful to my daughter. She can see the improvement and loved the camp.
— Andre I. Parent
Can't wait to go back!
July 18, 2015: USD Nike Lacrosse Camp was a really good experience to play competitive lacrosse with other players from across the country. The coaches had college lacrosse experience and were so fun to play with and learn from. It was a fun way to keep my skills up during the summer! I can't wait to go back to Nike Camp next summer!
— Isabella S. Camper
July 22, 2014: DO YOU LOVE LAX? DO YOU WANT A GOOD TIME? THEN COME TO NIKE LAX CAMPS! Excellent games, great staff who can teach you anything you need to know, awesome locations (USD for me) and just an overall amazing time!
— Alexis N. Camper
Definitely going back.
July 22, 2014: I was worried because I didnt know anyone going to camp and I was a beginner. Once I got their everyone was really welcoming and my skills improved so much. I met so many great people and it was fun on and off the field. I'm definitely going next year .
— Brittany P. Camper
July 22, 2014: My daughter had a fantastic experience, her skills have improved since going to camp! Thanks for all you did to make my daughter's experience a special and memorable one!
— Brandon E. Parent
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.