Santa Barbara Nike Boys Lacrosse Camp
WORK HARD. DREAM BIG.
AT NIKE LACROSSE CAMP
The Santa Barbara Lacrosse Camp, located on the beautiful campus of UC Santa Barbara, is just an hour and a half north of Los Angeles and a five hour drive from the San Francisco Bay Area. Great weather, staff, the beautiful UCSB campus and top notch facilities make this an ideal camp location to improve your game this summer!
Our Skill & Lacrosse IQ development camps are for beginner, intermediate and advanced groups. The emphasis of camp are for developing skills and an understanding of strategies with small games and full field scrimmages. Campers are separated by age and experience level so all abilities are accommodated. These camps fill up fast so register early!
- Free NIKE Head given to the FIRST 20 registered campers!
- Complete Skills Camp for Boys Ages 10-18
- Superior instruction
- 8:1 camper to instructor on field ratio
- Daily emphasis on fundamentals, position training, drills and scrimmages
- Team and sibling discounts available
- Special goalie instruction and discounts available
- Every camper receives a reversible Nike practice jersey
- Nike and STX Prizes for outstanding play, sportsmanship and improvement
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Mike Allan
Mike Allan is the Head Coach at UC Santa Barbara. Coach Allan returned to UCSB after spending three years as an assistant coach at Towson University.View Mike Allan's Bio ⟩
Mike had previously coached the Gauchos from 2004 to 2008. Under Mike the team won two MCLA National Championships, three WCLL Championships. Coach Allan is a native of Baltimore, MD where he attended the Gilman School. Mike played at Princeton University where he was a member of three NCAA National Championship teams.
This summer, UC Santa Barbara is offering one session of overnight with a commuter (9:00 AM to 9:00 PM) and day camp (9:00 AM to 4:00 PM) option available. A typical morning session consists of skill development and small games. An afternoon session consists of strategies applied to more small games and half field situations. The evening sessions are full field scrimmaging with an emphasis on applying what was learned during the day.
OVERNIGHT CAMP AMENITIES
• 3 nights lodging • All meals
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
EXTENDED DAY CAMP AMENITIES
• Lunch & dinner
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
• Camp hours: TUE 2PM-9PM, WED-THURS 9AM-9PM, FRI 9AM-NOON
DAY CAMP AMENITIES
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
• Camp hours: 9AM-4PM
A detailed camper registration packet containing check-in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers prior to camp. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Check-in takes at between 12:00-1:00pm on Tuesday, July 9th. There will be a camp orientation meeting at 1:30pm and parents are welcome to join their campers for this meeting. A detailed schedule for the week will be provided at that time.
Check-out for is from 11:30am to 12:30pm on the last day of the camp. Parents are invited to watch the final games of the camp tournament, 9:30am to 11am on the last day.
HOUSING & ROOMMATES
2 campers per room. If you have a roommate request, and have not already given it to us, please do so as soon as possible. Roommate requests are not guaranteed, if you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- DORM: Tropicana Gardens Residence Hall
- BATHROOMS: shared
- LINENS: Not provided
- AIR CONDITIONING: TBD
- SUGGESTED SPENDING MONEY: $40
- MEDICAL FACILITY: a certified trainer will be on staff at all field sessions
The staff live in the dormitories with the campers and participate in all activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
Extended Day Campers
On the first day of camp, all extended day campers should arrive between 1:00-1:30pm dressed to play. On all other days, the arrival time is 8:45am. Drop off and pick up locations will be given out at registration.
- TUESDAY: Commuter Campers stay until 8:30pm. Dinner is provided.
- WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY: Commuter Camper Hours - 9:00am-8:30pm. Lunch and Dinner is provided.
- FRIDAY: Commuter Camper Hours - 9:00-11:00am. Check-out is immediately after camp concludes with the closing ceremony.
- DAILY SCHEDULE: TUE 2PM-9PM, WED-THURS 9AM-9PM, FRI 9AM-NOON
- 8:30-9:00am: Drop your child off inside the courtyard of Tropicana Gardens Residence Hall at 6585 El Colegio Road, Goleta, CA. Parking is free in the back parking lot.
- 9:00-11:00am: Field Session 1
- 11:00-12:00pm: Swimming
- 12:00-1:00pm: Lunch (Included)
- 1:00-2:00pm: Game Room
- 2:00-4:00pm: Field Session 2
- 4:15-4:30pm: Pick up from inside courtyard at Tropicana Del Norte Residence Hall
Again in 2019 you also have the option to add the Extended Care Morning from 8:00-9:00 AM, Extended Care Evening from 4:00-5:00 PM or both Morning and Evening! Price: $20 for one option/$30 for both morning & evening
TEAM DISCOUNT: If ten or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $25 discount off the day camp price or $50 discount off the overnight camp price. Please have a team contact reach out directly to the USSC office at 1-800-645-3226 to receive a discount code to identify your group. Campers may then register through the website at their convenience and apply the coupon code during check-out.
GOALIE DISCOUNT: To ensure each session has enough goalies for drills and scrimmages, all goalies automatically qualify for a special $50 discount. Please contact the USSC office at 1-800-645-3226 to receive a discount code to identify your camper. Campers may then register through the website at their convenience and apply the coupon code during check-out.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 AM Breakfast (Overnighters)
- 9:00 AM Skills & Techniques
- 10:30 AM Position Work
- 11:30 AM Lunch and rest
- 12:30 PM Swimming pool, game room and camp store open
- 2:30 PM 1v1, 2v2, and fastbreaks
- 3:00 PM Drill stations and scrimmaging
- 4:30 PM Dinner
- 5:30 PM Swimming pool and game room open
- 6:30 PM Back to field for full field games
- 8:30 PM Extended Day Campers depart; Swimming pool, game room and camp store open
- 10:00 pm Overnight Campers to rooms; Lights out!
UC Santa Barbara
UC Santa Barbara is located on cliffs directly above the Pacific Ocean. The main campus is located near Isla Vista, 100 miles northwest of Los Angeles.
Camp Questions & Answers
How do you separate campers into groups?
We use high school graduation year and experience level to separate field players into groups of about 12 campers for each coach. The group gets their own college coach assigned to them and instruction is tailored to experience level. Coaches are given the leeway to increase or decrease the difficulty level of the drills based on what they see in the players.
What fields will my camper be playing on?
We are training and playing on the Recreation Center Turf at UCSB. Please refer to the UCSB campus map in the registration packet to help you locate it if you'd like to watch your son play in the end of the camp tournament games on the last day of camp. Parking is best in Lot 16 or 18 off Ocean Road to get close to the turf. Please be advised you will need to purchase a parking permit at a self-serve kiosk. Alternatively park at Tropicana Gardens or Del Norte back parking lots for free and make the short walk over to the field.
Do you accept beginners?
Absolutely yes! We love to have beginners and they get their own group with their own coach. Beginners can develop at their own pace. During scrimmages the beginners match up on each other to help alleviate that nervous "first time in a game" feeling.
What about goalies?
Goalies also get their own group and their own coach. Some of the best college goalie coaches are on our staff. We get you someone who coaches goalies for a living. Goalies have their own station and join with the field players when they're ready.
I'm an experienced player. Is this camp going to help?
We think so. Our coaching staff is primarily made up of college coaches who coach lacrosse for a living. Many run their own camps but like to come to "different" lacrosse areas to help develop the game. Even if you think you've heard it all these coaches will find a way to make you a better player.