Mary Washington Women's Lacrosse Prospect Day
DATES AND PRICES NOW AVAILABLE!
Head Women's Lacrosse Coach, Maddie Taghon, is offering prospects an on-campus recruiting opportunity to experience a day of lacrosse with the staff! The one day camp is hosted at the beautiful University of Mary Washington's campus located in Fredericksburg, VA, within an hour’s drive of both Washington, D.C., and Richmond, VA.
UMW prides itself in providing an optimal environment for athletes to practice their craft. Battleground Outdoor Complex plays host to lacrosse, soccer, tennis, field hockey, track and field, baseball and softball, and is regarded as one of the finest facilities of its kind in Virginia.
- Prospect Camp for Girls Ages 14-18
- Superior instruction from College Coaches
- 8:1 camper to instructor on field ratio
- Daily emphasis on fundamentals, position training, drills and scrimmages
- Every camper receives a reversible Nike practice jersey
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Maddie Taghon
Maddie Taghon is in her third season as head coach at the University of Mary Washington, after being promoted from assistant coach in 2020.View Maddie Taghon's Bio ⟩
Taghon served for two seasons as assistant coach at UMW in 2019 and 2020. In her first season with the Eagles, she helped lead them to a 16-5 overall record and advance to the second round of the NCAA Tournament, and this spring, the team posted a 5-2 record and was ranked 14th in the nation in the final IWLCA national Division III poll.
Prior to UMW, Taghon worked for three years at Shenandoah University, helping lead the team from a 5-12 record in 2016 to 12-7 in 2018. She also coached the team to two semifinal ODAC tournament appearances and mentored the 2018 ODAC ROY and VA State ROY.
Taghon, a four-year member and three-year starter at Presbyterian (S.C.) College and team captain of the Blue Hose during her senior campaign, also worked for a year at Ampleforth College in England. In this role, she coordinated games, practices and travel itineraries for varsity, junior varsity, U15, U14 and elementary school teams at Ampleforth.
In addition, she taught lacrosse-based physical education lessons in both the elementary school as well as served as a teaching assistant in both the primary and senior schools.
Assistant Coach Megan Williamson
Megan Williamson joined UMW’s women’s lacrosse staff as an assistant coach in fall of 2021.View Megan Williamson's Bio ⟩
Megan attended Virginia Commonwealth University from 2013-2018, where she played two years of club lacrosse and three years at the Division I level. She was president of the club lacrosse team, as well as a captain for the inaugural season in 2016.
Prior to UMW, Megan coached as an assistant for girls varsity lacrosse team at the Steward School in Richmond, VA in 2018 & 2019, helping coach them to the state tournament in 2019. She was the assistant coach for Atlee High School’s varsity team in 2020 & 2021, helping coach them to the regional finals in ’21.
Megan received her bachelor’s degree in criminal justice in 2017 and her Master of Science in criminal justice in 2021.
- Dates: December 9
- Age Group: 14-18
- Gender: Girls
- Camp Type: Day
- Schedule: 9:00am-12:30pm, Saturday, December 9th
- Check-In: Check-in takes place between 8:30am-9:00am at Battleground Outdoor Complex turf stadium
- Check-out: Check-out takes place at 12:30pm at the field. Campers are invited to attend a Q&A with the players and coaches after camp is over.
- Meals: Lunch is NOT provided.
- Program: Head Women's Lacrosse Coach, Maddie Taghon, is offering prospects an on-campus recruiting opportunity to experience a day of lacrosse with the staff! The May Washington Women's Lacrosse Prospect Day is open to girls ages 14-18 in the Class of 2024, 2025, 2026 and 2027.
University of Mary Washington
Battleground Outdoor Complex - Field Hockey/Lacrosse Field
1301 Hanover Street
Fredericksburg, VA 22401
Click Here for Directions - From Interstate 95, take Exit 130A (Route 3 East), and follow through five stoplights. At the sixth light, turn LEFT onto Business Route 3 (William Street). At the top of the hill, the road splits. Stay RIGHT, onto Hanover Street. The Battleground Athletic Complex is on the RIGHT.
CAMP CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT
Saturday, December 9th
- Check-in takes place between 8:30am-9:00am at the Battleground Outdoor Complex turf stadium
- Check-out takes place at 12:30pm at the field. Campers are invited to attend a Q&A with the players and coaches after camp is over.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning training session
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Reversible Jersey & Prizes: Campers will receive a Nike Lacrosse Reversible Jersey and prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Please bring your helmet, mouthpiece, cleats, lacrosse stick, gloves, and pads.
- Facility: Athletic Fields
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
Checklist of things to bring:
- Athletic Socks
- Protective Goggles
- Lacrosse Stick(s)
- Goalies Must Have Full Protective Equipment
- Water Bottle
- Signed Heath & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE LACROSSE CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our lacrosse camps please see our FAQ page.
• Reversible Jersey
• Camp hours: Prospect Day will begin at 9:00 AM and conclude at 12:30 PM
University of Mary Washington
The University of Mary Washington is located in Fredericksburg, Va., within an hour’s drive of both Washington, D.C., and Richmond, VA. UMW prides itself in providing an optimal environment for athletes to practice their craft. Battleground Outdoor Complex plays host to lacrosse, soccer, tennis, field hockey, track and field, baseball and softball, and is regarded as one of the finest facilities of its kind in Virginia.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.