Nike Girls Lacrosse Camp at University of Mary Washington
2024 Dates & Prices Coming Soon!
Come join us this summer at the Nike Girls Lacrosse Camp at University of Mary Washington in 2023 and take your game to the next level! Head Coach, Maddie Taghon, has created a curriculum that will develop your skills and understanding of the game using both drills and game play scenarios. Each session will involve skill work, concept work and competition play.
At the Nike Girls Lacrosse Camp, our goal is to provide each camper with focused, intensive, position specific training sessions essential to improvement. We are committed to helping each camper become a better lacrosse player and we hope all participants leave camp having established new friendships and more passion for the game.
- High School & Youth Camp for Girls Ages 11-18
- Superior instruction from College Coaches
- 8:1 camper to instructor on field ratio
- Daily emphasis on fundamentals, position training, drills and scrimmages
- Team discounts available
- Special goalie instruction and discounts available
- Every camper receives a reversible Nike practice jersey
- Nike and STX Prizes for outstanding play, sportsmanship and improvement
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Maddie Taghon
Maddie Taghon is in her third season as head coach at the University of Mary Washington, after being promoted from assistant coach in 2020.View Maddie Taghon's Bio ⟩
Assistant Coach Megan Williamson
Megan Williamson joined UMW’s women’s lacrosse staff as an assistant coach in fall of 2021.View Megan Williamson's Bio ⟩
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect a high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early. This summer, UMW is offering one week of overnight camp with extended day camp (9:00am-9:00pm) option for ages 11-18. At the Nike Girls Lacrosse Camp at University of Mary Washington, our goal is to stimulate a love for the game by immersing you in the sport and giving you the kind of focused, intensive training essential to improvement. Over the course of camp, your enthusiasm and self-confidence will grow along with your skills.
- Dates: July 17-19
- Age Group: 11-18
- Gender: Girls
- Camp Type: Overnight, Extended Day (commuter)
- Check-In: Check-in takes place on Monday between 1:00-2:00pm at Arrington Hall. No lunch on the first day – all campers should come dressed and ready to play lacrosse!
- Check-out: A closing ceremony will take place at the field on at 11:30am. Extended Day campers will leave directly from the field. Overnight campers will checkout from the dorm following the closing ceremony.
- Extended Day Schedule: MON 2PM-9PM, TUE 9AM-9PM, WED 9AM-12 NOON **Times subject to change
- Meals: All meals are provided for Overnight campers. Lunch and dinner are provided for all Extended Day (commuter) campers.
- Program: The Skills Camp is designed for youth, middle school and high school players, looking to sharpen their skills. All facets of the game will be covered ranging from stick skills, position play and team concepts. Campers will also be able to incorporate these skills into the daily game play.
University of Mary Washington
Fredericksburg, VA 22401
Click Here for Directions
Monday, July 17th
- Check-in takes place at Arrington Hall
- 1:00-2:00pm – Overnight campers
- 1:30-2:00pm – Extended Day campers
- No lunch on the first day – all campers should come dressed and ready to play lacrosse!
Wednesday, July 19th
A closing ceremony will take place at the field on at 11:30am. Extended Day campers will leave directly from the field. Overnight campers will checkout from the dorm following the closing ceremony.
- Dorm: Arrington Hall
- Number of Campers Per Room: 2 per room
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be mutual and received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: Shared
- Linens: Not included. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase, and a towel.
- Air Conditioning: Yes | No fan needed - dorms air-conditioned
The staff reside in the dormitories with the campers and participate in all activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning, afternoon, and evening training sessions
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
- Reversible Jersey & Prizes: Campers at multi-day camps will receive a Nike Lacrosse Camps Reversible Jersey and prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Please bring your helmet, mouthpiece, cleats, lacrosse stick, gloves, and pads.
- Facility: Athletic Fields
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
Checklist of things to bring:
- Athletic Socks
- Protective Goggles
- Lacrosse Stick(s)
- Goalies Must Have Full Protective Equipment
- Comfortable Off-Field Clothes
- Toiletries & Personal Items
- Water Bottle
- Turf Shoes or Running Shoes for indoor activity
- Alarm Clock
- Extra Towels
- Non-Perishable Snack Foods
- Spending money (approx. $50)
- Pillow & Pillowcase
- Twin XL Sheets/Blanket or Sleeping Bag
- No Fan Needed - Dorms Are Air Conditioned
- Signed Heath & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
- Maryland Health Forms (forms completed and need to be turned in at camp)
EXTENDED DAY CAMPERS
Checklist of Things to Bring: We recommend that all Extended Day Campers bring a daily pack with the following items: Along with your lacrosse equipment, we recommend that you bring a day pack with the following items: water bottle, weather appropriate clothing, cleats, and walking shoes.
Camp Schedule & Meals:
- Monday: Extended Day Campers should arrive dressed and ready to play. You will be assigned a counselor and given a complete schedule of all events during the week. Day Campers stay until 9:00pm. Dinner is provided.
- Tuesday: Extended Day Camper Hours – 9:00am-9:00pm. Lunch and dinner is provided.
- Wednesday: Extended Day Camper Hours - 9:00am-11:30am. Check-out is immediately after the camp concludes at 12:00pm. Departure time may change depending on the event.
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE LACROSSE CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our lacrosse camps please see our FAQ page.
OVERNIGHT CAMP AMENITIES
• 2 nights lodging • All meals
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
EXTENDED DAY CAMP AMENITIES
• Lunch & dinner
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
• Camp hours: MON 1:30PM-9PM, TUE 9AM-9PM, WED 9AM-12PM **Times subject to change
TEAM DISCOUNT: If five or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $25 discount. Please have a team contact reach out directly to the USSC office at 1-800-645-3226 to receive a discount code to identify your group. Campers may then register through the website at their convenience and apply the coupon code during check-out.
GOALIE DISCOUNT: To ensure each session has enough goalies for drills and scrimmages, all goalies automatically qualify for a special $50 discount. You can call 1-800-645-3226 to receive the goalie discount over the phone or you can indicate that you are eligible for the goalie discount in the “comments” field when registering via our secure website. Goalie discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 AM Breakfast (Overnighters)
- 9:00 AM Stretching and Conditioning
- 9:30 AM Line Drills and Stations
- 10:30 AM Position Work
- Noon Lunch and rest
- 1:30 PM 1v1, 2v2, and fastbreaks
- 3:00 PM Drill stations and scrimmaging
- 5:00 PM Dinner and supervised free time
- 6:30 PM Back to field for games
- 9:00 PM Extended Day Campers depart
- 10:00 PM Overnight Campers to rooms; Lights out!
University of Mary Washington
The University of Mary Washington is located in Fredericksburg, Va., within an hour’s drive of both Washington, D.C., and Richmond, VA. UMW prides itself in providing an optimal environment for athletes to practice their craft. Battleground Outdoor Complex plays host to lacrosse, soccer, tennis, field hockey, track and field, baseball and softball, and is regarded as one of the finest facilities of its kind in Virginia.
July 20, 2023: My daughter connected with peers and coaches, was consistently encouraged, built confidence and received support and instruction to refine her skills. She had a great time!
July 20, 2023: My daughter sent me a text several times during her stay there saying how much she has improved her shot placements in such a short amount of time.
July 20, 2023: My daughter enjoyed the camp staff and loved the individual attention
July 20, 2023: Learning new skills, and meeting new people
July 21, 2023: The everyday college lacrosse feel
July 20, 2023: Meeting other high level goalies.
I loved the five on five games and steal the bacon!
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.