Virginia Tech Men’s Lacrosse Camp
2023 Dates & Prices Now Available!
Learn from the best at Virginia Tech Men's Lacrosse Camp! Come join Head Men's Lacrosse Coach, Panchito Ojeda, and get better this summer at the Virginia Tech Men's Lacrosse Camp! The Blacksburg campus sits in some 12,000 acres nestled on a plateau between the Blue Ridge and Alleghany mountains, which makes it an ideal setting for camp.
A school well known for it’s strong tradition of excellence in academics and athletics, Virginia Tech boasts some of the finest facilities that you will find anywhere in the country. At the Virginia Tech Men’s Lacrosse Camp our goal is to stimulate a love for the game by immersing you in the sport and giving you the kind of focused, intensive training essential to improving your game. Over the course of the camp, your enthusiasm and self-confidence will grow along with your skills.
The Virginia Tech Men's Lacrosse Team has consistently been one of the top MCLA programs in the country with:
- ALC and MCLA Coach of the Year 2022 - Coach Ojeda
- 23 MCLA All-Americans and 51 SELC All-Conference players
- ALC Champions 2022
- SELC Conference Champions 2005, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2018
- MCLA National Quarterfinal Appearance in 2014, 2017, 2018, 2022
- MCLA National Semifinal Appearance in 2015
- High School and Youth Skills Camp for Boys Ages 10-18
- Superior instruction from College Coaches and Players
- 8:1 camper to instructor on field ratio
- Daily emphasis on fundamentals, position training, drills and scrimmages
- Special goalie instruction and discounts available
- Reversible mesh Nike practice jersey
- Nike and STX Prizes for outstanding play, sportsmanship and improvement
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Panchito Ojeda
The Virginia Tech men's lacrosse team is excited to announce the hiring of Panchito Ojeda as its next head coach. Ojeda joins the Hokies after a six-year stint at Sonoma State and replaces Tim O’Brien, who stepped aside after completing his PhD in Biomedical Engineering and accepting a job in industry.View Panchito Ojeda's Bio ⟩
At Sonoma State, Ojeda led the Seawolves to a 46-42 record from 2014-19 and qualified for the WCLL playoffs in each season, including a run to the championship game this past spring. He acted as the assistant coach at Sonoma from 2011-13.
In addition to running the Sonoma program, he created a youth program (101 Lacrosse) based in Northern California.
Prior to joining the Seawolves, Ojeda was the head coach at Marquette before the program’s leap to NCAA Division I.
A native of the D.C. Metro area, Ojeda played his high school lacrosse at Bishop Ireton High School, graduating in 1999. He played four years at midfield for Marquette, earning numerous team and conference accolades.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect a high demand for these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early. This summer, Virginia Tech is offering one session of overnight with a commuter (Extended Day Camp 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM) option available.
- Dates: June 19-21
- Age Group: 10-18
- Gender: Boys
- Camp Type: Overnight, Extended Day (commuter)
- Check-In: Check-in takes place between 1:00-2:00pm at East Ambler Johnston Hall.
- Check-out: Check-out takes place between 11:00am-12:00pm from East Ambler Johnston Hall after a brief closing ceremony.
- Extended Day Schedule: MON 2PM-9PM, TUE 9AM-9PM, WED 9AM-NOON **Times subject to change
- Meals: All meals are provided for Overnight campers. Lunch and dinner are provided for all Extended Day (commuter) campers.
- Program: The High School/Advanced Skills Camp is designed for high school players (ages 14-18), and focuses on stick skills, position play, team concepts, an overall intense level of competition. Discussions on what it takes to become a Hokie as well as a campus tour are included. The Youth/Complete Skills Camp is designed for beginners, youth and middle school players (ages 10-13), looking to sharpen their skills. All facets of the game will be covered ranging from stick skills, position play and team concepts. Campers will also be able to incorporate these skills into the daily game play. Campers will play each day on the Marching Virginians field.
Virginia Tech University
Blacksburg, VA 24061
Click Here for directions
- Dorm: East Ambler Johnston Hall
- Number of Campers Per Room: 2 per room
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be mutual and received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: Shared
- Linens: Not included. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase, and a towel.
- Air Conditioning: YES - Dorm has A/C
The staff reside in the dormitories with the campers and participate in all activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
The Virginia Tech Men’s Lacrosse camp is pleased to offer some of the best dinning in the country to our campers. Virginia Tech serves some of the best food in the nation, according to The Princeton Review’s “Best 371 Colleges”. All campers will eat in the popular D2 in Dietrick Hall, which offers a wide variety of nutritious meals in an “all-you-can-eat” dining experience.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning, afternoon, and evening training sessions
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
- Reversible Jersey & Prizes: Campers at multi-day camps will receive a Nike Lacrosse Camps Reversible Jersey and prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Please bring your helmet, mouthpiece, cleats, lacrosse stick, gloves, and pads.
- Facility: Marching Virginians Field
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
Checklist of things to bring:
- Athletic Socks
- Helmet & Mouthpiece
- Lacrosse Stick(s), Gloves, Pads
- Goalies Must Have Full Protective Equipment
- Comfortable Off-Field Clothes
- Toiletries & Personal Items
- Water Bottle
- Turf Shoes or Running Shoes for
- Alarm Clock
- Extra Towels
- Non-Perishable Snack Foods
- Spending money (approx. $50)
- Pillow & Pillowcase
- Twin XL Sheets/Blanket or Sleeping Bag
- No Fan Needed – Dorms Are Air Conditioned
- Signed Heath & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
EXTENDED DAY CAMPERS
Checklist of Things to Bring: We recommend that all Extended Day Campers bring a daily pack with the following items: Along with your lacrosse equipment, we recommend that you bring a day pack with the following items: water bottle, weather appropriate clothing, cleats, and walking shoes.
Camp Schedule & Meals:
- Monday: Extended Day Campers should arrive dressed and ready to play. You will be assigned a counselor and given a complete schedule of all events during the week. Day Campers stay until 8:30pm. Dinner is provided.
- Tuesday: Extended Day Camper Hours – 9:00am-9:00pm. Lunch and dinner is provided.
- Wednesday: Extended Day Camper Hours - 9:00am-12:00pm. Check-out is immediately after the camp concludes at 12:00pm. Departure time may change depending on the event.
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE LACROSSE CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our lacrosse camps please see our FAQ page.
OVERNIGHT CAMP AMENITIES
• 2 nights lodging • All meals
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
EXTENDED DAY CAMP AMENITIES
• Lunch & dinner
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
TEAM DISCOUNT: If five or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $25 discount. Please have a team contact reach out directly to the USSC office at 1-800-645-3226 to receive a discount code to identify your group. Campers may then register through the website at their convenience and apply the coupon code during check-out.
GOALIE DISCOUNT: To ensure each session has enough goalies for drills and scrimmages, all goalies automatically qualify for a special $50 discount. You can call 1-800-645-3226 to receive the goalie discount over the phone or you can indicate that you are eligible for the goalie discount in the “comments” field when registering via our secure website. Goalie discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
SIBLING DISCOUNT: $25 off each player. You can call 1-800-645-3226 to receive the sibling discount over the phone or you can indicate that you are eligible for the sibling discount in the “comments” field when registering via our secure website. Sibling discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
NOTE: If qualified, you may choose ONLY ONE discount
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 am Breakfast (Overnighters)
- 9:00 am Stretching and Conditioning
- 9:30 am Line Drills and Stations
- 10:30 am Position Work
- Noon Lunch and rest
- 1:30 pm 1v1, 2v2, and fastbreaks
- 3:00 pm Drill stations and scrimmaging
- 5:00 pm Dinner and supervised free time
- 6:30 pm Back to field for games
- 9:00 pm Extended Day Campers depart
- 10:00 pm Overnight Campers to rooms; Lights out!
Blacksburg, located in Southwest Virginia, is home to the VT campus. Campers will train each day at the Marching Virginians field.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
Overall Average RatingStars
Wanting to go again already!
July 25, 2019: He loved this camp and wanting to go again already! I can’t even tell you all he’s talked about because it’s non stop stories. His father and myself were very pleased with the camp.
— Sitina S. Parent
Awesome First Camp Experience!
July 24, 2019: This was my son’s first time away at a camp of any kind and he had such a positive experience. He made so many friends, loved the food, the experience of staying in a dorm on VT campus, and most of all he said he learned so much. He said his coaches were so positive and encouraging, the work outs were so fun, and he received so much instruction. He is fired up and super motivated for lacrosse next season so he can implement all he has learned!
— Jennifer N. Parent
June 21, 2018: My son has not stopped talking about his time at the camp. He socialized, met new friends and was able to play and practice his favorite sport. This was his first camp experience and he loved it!
— Miranda J., Parent
So much fun!
June 30, 2017: The competitions and games were really fun and so were the scrimmages. Playing with the staff was also a fun experience.
— Sam G. Camper
June 28, 2017: The food was really good, I learned new things, and everyone was nice. I feel better prepared for next year's lacrosse season thanks to this camp.
— Tom S. Camper
June 28, 2017: It was easy to make friends, the drills were fun and effective, the dorms were nice, food was good, good environment, and fun overall. the only thing that needed improvement were the dorms could be noisy at night. I would definitely do it again!
— Zander G. Camper
June 28, 2017: Some highlights for my son were meeting new people including Coach O'Brien, his roommate, being coached by some of the VT team, and playing with the high schoolers and D2 players. He also liked the transportation from the dorms to the fields.
— Jim H. Parent
June 28, 2017: Coach O'Brien - I just wanted to let you know that our son greatly enjoyed your camp. Last night, after we got home from VT, he showed me all of the things he worked on while he was there. Thanks again for hosting it!!
— Alan S. Parent
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.