Xcelerate Nike Ohio Boys Lacrosse Overnight & Day Camp at Baldwin Wallace University
2023 SUMMER CAMP REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
OUR 13TH YEAR IN CLEVELAND!
We're adding an EXTRA FIELD SESSION in 2023! This year camp check-in will take place two hours earlier on the first day of camp, enabling everyone to receive more instruction and game time experience. Get ready to LEARN FROM THE BEST!
Register for camp today and you’ll be a part of something truly special. It’s a chance to improve all aspects of your lacrosse game in a fun-filled summer camp environment.
Join the 1,000s of lacrosse players that have come before you and see and feel what it’s like to learn from some of the best ‘teaching’ coaches in the game today.
Led by former Ohio State player, Brian Lalley, Xcelerate’s coaching staff will provide a positive and rewarding environment, giving campers the tools to reach their full potential. Confidence-building drills, skill-driven reps, and competitive games await every camper.
The dormitories provide safe, comfortable housing for campers after a long day on the lacrosse fields. When not on the field, campers will enjoy the swimming pool and the all-you-can-eat meals!
It’s time to GET BETTER! It’s time to have SOME FUN!
Register for our Baldwin Wallace Camp Today!
We Love Giveaways! Be one of the FIRST 20 to register for camp and receive a FREE NIKE LACROSSE HEAD on the first day of camp!
- Free NIKE Lacrosse Head given to the FIRST 20 registered campers!
- The BEST Topnotch Lacrosse Instruction; 10 to 1 Camper to Staff ratio
- 3 Divisions - Players Divided by Grade
- All Positions - All Levels of Play
- Position Specific Training
- Clean & Comfortable Air Conditioned Dorm Rooms
- Xcelerate Nike Reversible Jersey & Lanyard
- Special Goalie instruction
- Xcelerate Nike Competition Prizes and Raffle on the last day of camp!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Brian Lalley
Brian Lalley will be the director. Coach Lalley has a wealth of experience having been a collegiate player at Ohio State University, a college coach at Division 1 Canisius College, and a camp director for Xcelerate since 2013.View Brian Lalley's Bio & Lacrosse Tips ⟩
Brian Lalley is in his 11th year as the program director for Xcelerate Lacrosse. Prior to joining Xcelerate Lacrosse, he spent four years with the Canisius College men's lacrosse team, serving as the team's offensive and recruiting coordinator.
During his time with the Golden Griffins, Lalley helped three players earn four All-MAAC selections. He was also a part of the 2012 MAAC Championship team that went on to the NCAA Tournament.
As a collegiate player, Lalley played four seasons at Ohio State University and was a two-year starter at Orchard Park High School, earning All-America, first-team All-Western New York and first-team All-ECIC honors as a midfielder and face-off player.
- 2013-Present - Xcelerate Nike Lacrosse Program Director
- 2009-2013 - Assistant Coach at Canisius College
- Coached in the 2012 NCAA Tournament
- 2005-2009 - Ohio State University
- Competed in the 2008 NCAA Tournament
- Academic All Big Ten
Coaches Xcelerate Boys Coaching Staff
College Coaches, High School Coaches, and College Lacrosse Players.
At Xcelerate Nike Lacrosse Camps, our goal is to bring out the very best in every player we coach. In doing so, we focus our energies on building confidence and improving skills through innovative drills, small-sided games, position-specific training, and team-driven competition. We encourage our campers to play hard, be creative, and have fun! At the end of the week, our campers leave with a higher lacrosse IQ, an enhanced skill set, new role models, new friends, and a true love of the game!
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: July 10-13
- Age Group: 10-18
- Gender: Boys
- Camp Type: Overnight, Extended Day (commuter)
- Check-In: Overnight Campers: Check-in Monday between 1:00-2:30pm at Findley Hall. Extended Day Campers: Check-in Monday between 2:00-2:30pm at Findley Hall.
- Check-out: Check-out between 11:00am-12:00pm at Findley Hall.
- Extended Day Schedule: MON 2:00PM-8:45PM, TUE-WED 9:00AM-8:45PM, THURS 9:00AM-11:30AM **Times subject to change
- Meals: All meals are provided for Overnight campers. Lunch and dinner are provided for all Extended Day (commuter) campers.
- Program: At Xcelerate Nike Lacrosse Camps top level instruction will once again be offered to our campers from the best coaches and pros in lacrosse. From the beginner to the elite lacrosse player, our camps provide a challenge to every camper. The Skills program will provide campers with the fundamental skills, position-specific training, and in-game tactical knowledge needed to enhance their skills.
Baldwin Wallace University
265 Beech St
Berea, OH 44017
Click Here for Directions
Check-in Monday, July 10th
Overnight Campers: Check-in between 1:00-2:30pm at Findley Hall. Extended Day Campers: Check-in between 2:00-2:30pm at Findley Hall. Camp will begin with an orientation at 2:45pm, followed by our first field session and evening meal.
Check-out Thursday, July 13th
Check-out between 11:00am-12:00pm at Findley Hall.
The information below is based on previous years and is subject to change each year.
- Dorm: Findleyl Hall
- Number of Campers Per Room: 2 per room
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be mutual and received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: Shared
- Linens: Not included. Bring linens or a sleeping bag, a pillow, a pillowcase, and a towel.
- Air Conditioning: Yes | No fan needed - dorms air-conditioned
The staff reside in the dormitories with the campers and participate in all activities. Drugs, alcohol, and tobacco are strictly prohibited and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning, afternoon, and evening training sessions
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
- Reversible Jersey & Prizes: Campers at multi-day camps will receive a Xcelerate Nike Lacrosse Camps Reversible Jersey and prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Please bring your helmet, mouthpiece, cleats, lacrosse stick, gloves, and pads.
- Facility: Athletic Fields
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
Checklist of things to bring:
- Athletic Socks
- Personal Items
- Helmet and Mouthpiece
- Lacrosse Stick, Gloves, Pads
- Goalies Must Have Full Protective Equipment
- Water Bottle
- Extra Towels
- Pillow & Pillowcase
- Off-field clothes
- Spending money (we recommend $50 or so)
- No fan needed - dorms are air conditioned
- Twin XL Sheets/Blanket or Sleeping Bag
- COVID-19 PPE (as required by state and local guidelines)
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
EXTENDED DAY CAMPERS
Checklist of Things to Bring: We recommend that all Extended Day Campers bring a daily pack with the following items: Along with your lacrosse equipment, we recommend that you bring a day pack with the following items: water bottle, weather-appropriate clothing, cleats, and walking shoes.
Camp Schedule & Meals:
- Monday: Check-in between 2:00pm-2:30pm at Findley Hall. Camp will begin with an orientation at 2:45pm, followed by our first field session and evening meal. First Day pick up time and location will be provided at check-in.
- Tuesday & Wednesday: Drop off and pick up locations for extended day campers will be provided on the first day of camp. Lunch and dinner provided.
- Thursday: Last day drop off and pick up locations for extended day campers will be provided on the first day of camp. No meals provided.
- Daily Schedule: MON 2:00PM-8:45PM, TUE-WED 9:00AM-8:45PM, THURS 9:00AM-11:30AM. **Times subject to change
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE LACROSSE CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our lacrosse camps please see our FAQ page.Show Less See More Camp Details
CAMP DATES: Monday, July 10th - Thursday, July 13th
Overnight and Extended Day Camp options available.
OVERNIGHT CAMP AMENITIES
• 3 nights lodging • All meals
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
EXTENDED DAY CAMP AMENITIES
• Lunch & Dinner
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
• Camp hours: MON 2:00PM-8:45PM, TUE-WED 9:00AM-8:45PM, THURS 9:00AM-11:30AM **Times subject to change
We have three sessions per day. A great deal of instruction takes place in the early part of the day, demonstrations and instruction mid-day, and games during the evening session. We also like to throw in a number of ‘fun’ activities like our fastest shot contest, freestyle/skills competition, swim time, rec time, and camper vs. coach game. Below is a template and subject to change.
We have 3 Divisions in our Overnight Camps. Each division will have coaches providing instruction to campers that correlates with that particular grade and level of play.
Grade based on 2023-2024 academic year:
- High School A & B Division - Entering grades 9-12 in the Fall of 2023
- Junior High Division - Entering grades 7-8 in the Fall of 2023
- Rising Stars Division - Entering grades 5-6 in the Fall of 2023
* At times we may have camps that are either smaller or larger in number which may lead us to adjust our divisions accordingly.
Campers have the opportunity to pre-order an Xcelerate Nike t-shirt in the camp registration process through May 1st. You will receive items purchased on the first day at camp check-in.
- Xcelerate Nike T-Shirt - Price: $35
- T-Shirt Sizes Available in Adult Small, Medium, Large and X-Large
**Campers are eligible for ONE Discount ONLY. Both the Individual and Goalie discounts are included in the current registration price. Once the discount dates have passed, the full price will be listed**
Individual Discount: $50 Early Bird discount available until February 28th. The price will increase on March 1st and then again on April 1st. The individual discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Goalie Discount: $50. Each of our camps has a position-specific coach, however, to ensure each session has enough goalies for drills and scrimmages, all goalies automatically qualify for a special price. The goalie discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Team Discount: Please reach out directly to the USSC office at 800-645-3226 for available discounts involving 10 or more teammates. The team discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Note: If qualified, you may choose ONLY ONE discount
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 AM Breakfast (Overnight Campers)
- 8:45 AM Extended Day Campers Arrive
- 9:00 AM Station Work, Drills, Position Work
- Noon Lunch
- 12:30 PM Rest Hour, Camp Store, Swimming
- 2:00 PM Demonstrations, Position Work
- 3:00 PM Small Group Scrimmages, Team Play
- 5:00 PM Dinner
- 6:00 PM Team Instruction, Games
- 8:45 PM Extended Day Campers depart
- 9:00 PM Free Time, Camp Store, Pizza
- 10:45 PM Lights Out!
Baldwin Wallace University
Baldwin Wallace University is located in Berea, Ohio just 20 minutes from Cleveland. The tree-lined campus is surrounded by a safe, residential neighborhood of picturesque homes. The centerpiece of athletic facilities at BW is the Lou Higgins Center, home to varsity athletics, sports and recreation programs, and the School of Health, Physical Education, and Sport Sciences. The Center includes Ursprung Gymnasium, the Harrison Dillard Track, Natatorium, extensive workout facilities, and state-of-the-art athletic training facilities.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
Overall Average RatingStars
Coaches were awesome!
July 19, 2019: My son enjoyed being away and getting a feel for what college would be like in all aspects. He got to see kids that he met his first year at camp. He thought the coaches where awesome and he is looking forward to next year. Well worth the money!
— Shauna H. Parent
Awesome Camp...Awesome Coaches!
July 20, 2018: What an awesome camp with an awesome team of coaches. My son met new friends, learned a ton about lacrosse and being a good teammate and he had so much fun. He can’t wait for next year! Thanks Xcelerate for an amazing experience!
— Katie B. Parent
July 30, 2018: My son enjoyed meeting new people. He liked the fact that the camp was broken up to positional skills and he definitely learned new skills in setting up picks and rolling off picks, 5 & 5 and shooting from a question mark. As a parent, I appreciated the app and how organized drop off registration was and pick up. All of the staff were very kind and welcoming.
— Susan H. Parent
Coaching staff exceptional!
July 23, 2018: He had the best time at camp! The coaching staff was exceptional! He learned a lot of new techniques and is asking to come back next year!
— Angela L. Parent
Excited to go back!
July 20, 2018: My son loved the stringing clinic and all of the coaches. I think you also challenged him. He is excited to go back again. He also said he could have stayed for 1-2 more days.
— Lindsay B. Parent
Had a blast!
August 6, 2017: My son had a blast and wants to go again next year. However, he mentioned that it was not very challenging due to a lack of campers there his age. I hope he has a better peer group next summer.
— Pete S. Parent
Loved the entire experience!
August 2, 2017: My son had fun and was so exhausted he hardly noticed that he was working out almost the entire day! My son loved the entire experience. But, he could NOT stop talking about the BW facilities in particular. He loved the grounds and the FOOD!
— Ryan B. Parent
Loved meeting new friends and interacting with the counselors!
August 2, 2017: My son loved meeting new friends and interacting with the counselors. They made the camp educational and fun at the same time! My son loved the opportunity to swim mid day. It really gave him time to recharge and focus.
— Sean O. Parent
So much fun!
July 22, 2017: Days before the camp my son kept asking if he could stay home and not go to camp. He said he was nervous about going to camp for the week. In addition, our trampoline arrived three days prior to the start of camp. I am sure he wanted to stay and use the new trampoline. The positive is he started out asking if he could get out of camp, but he came home saying he had so much fun.
— Christine R. Parent
Attention given to each camper is invaluable!
July 20, 2017: My son thoroughly enjoyed the whole camp experience. The highlight is the evening games and being able to use what he learned during the day in the game at night. The smaller camp makes for more coach/player interaction which is crucial for better player development and greater enjoyment for the camper. The kids really get to know the coaches and the personal interaction/attention given to each camper is invaluable.
— Megan F. Parent
Fantastic team of coaches!
August 2, 2016: Such a phenomenal experience all the way around. From the staff who answered to phones for Nike, to the fantastic team of coaches at Baldwin Wallace, this was the best experience possible. I was so impressed! He asked to return next year before we'd even returned home!
— Pierce W. Parent
July 31, 2016: This was my son's first sleep away camp, and he went in without knowing anyone. From the moment we arrived at checkin, I knew that this camp was something special. The staff is amazing and the setup is perfect (small, contained, safe feeling). By the end of the first night, I was getting a flurry of happy texts. My son got great coaching and instruction and a fantastic experience. I would honestly have paid the entire amount just for the talk the coaches gave at departure! The coaches, from the top down, knew each of the kids and said goodbye warmly at the end. The staff were good teachers and amazing role models. I've already told all the lacrosse moms in my area!
— George B. Parent
July 31, 2016: My son had never played Lacrosse before this camp. He was able to learn some very solid basic skills. He feels confident that he will be able to play with his school team this coming year. It was a great experience for him and he is happy he found a new sport to play!
— Tim H. Parent
made me a better player!
August 5, 2015: This camp truly made me a better player. Every drill and talk had meaning behind it, which made camp that much more special. Working with these caoches was not only fun, but a chance to see what I need to do to improve and be serious about the sport. Going to this camp has made me value the off season that much more and shown me that I need to put in the work to get the results. Thank you for making me serious about the game!
— Larry M. Camper
August 2, 2015: My son said he had the "best time I’ve ever had in my whole life" at your camp----so thank you!!! We’ll definitely have him attend a couple of sessions next year. It was awesome for him in so many ways!!!
— Rachel E. Parent
A Great Experience!
August 2, 2015: My son has had the time of his life! He really likes his coaches and has mentioned several times how much he has learned. He has already said he wants to go back next year! So, I guess we will see you again next summer. Thanks for all you have done to make this a great experience for my son.
— Lauren E. Parent
July 29, 2015: The instruction and on-field time was outstanding! We are definitely going to do it again next year!
— Ted J. Parent
July 28, 2015: Your staff truly inspired an abiding love of the sport. Xcelerate really lit the fire. A great investment!
— Sam D. Parent
Thanks for a great camp!
July 27, 2015: My son learned many new skills during the Xcelerate Nike lacrosse camp, and he had a great time while doing so. He is already looking forward to next year's camp, and we've been telling all of our lacrosse friends about it. Thanks for a great camp!
— Tiffany S. Parent
August 7, 2014: Great camp well organized and kept the boys busy and happy. Great leader in Coach Lally!! Will definitely be back next year and bring some teammates.
— Josh R. Parent
high energy coaches!
August 3, 2014: This was one of my son's favorite camps. The high energy coaches and fun atmosphere made the drills and learning enjoyable. He would like to do the camp again.
— James L. Parent
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.