Xcelerate Nike Washington Boys Lacrosse Camp at Pacific Lutheran University
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Xcelerate Nike Lacrosse Camps
Xcelerate Nike Lacrosse Camps provide players of all positions and skill levels an opportunity to learn from some of the best coaches and players in the game today. In 2018, our camp will be led by former MLL Pro Player, Jay Card, and current NLL/MLL Pro Player, Jesse King!
Our 12th summer in Washington! Located in the Parkland neighborhood of Tacoma, Pacific Lutheran University provides campers with the ultimate setting to get better this summer. On the field, campers will see improved stick skills, a higher lacrosse IQ, better overall athleticism, and receive hours of lacrosse enjoyment! Off the field campers can enjoy the swimming pool, game room, indoor turf field, or just rest up in one of the comfortable dormitories. Also, an all-you-can-eat cafeteria will be available for meals, as well as, pizza and vending machines for late night munchies. We expect another sell out, so register today!
- Free NIKE Vapor 2.0 Head given to the FIRST 20 registered campers!
- The BEST Topnotch Lacrosse Instruction; 10 to 1 Camper to Staff ratio
- Boys ages 10-18: All Positions - All Levels of Play
- Specific Position Training
- Clean & Comfortable Dormitory Rooms
- Xcelerate Nike Reversible Jersey & Lanyard
- Special Goalie instruction
- Pre-Camp Specialty Shooting & Defense Clinics available
- Xcelerate Nike Competition Prizes and Raffle on the last day of camp!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Jay Card
Directing camp this summer is Jay Card. In his eighth year as an Xcelerate Camp Director, Coach Card brings a wealth of professional and coaching experience.View Jay Card's Bio ⟩
Professional: Long Island Lizards, Rochester Rattlers (MLL), Minnesota Swarm (NLL)
College: Hofstra University
• Xcelerate Camp Director (7 years)
• Assistant Coach, NJIT (2014-2015)
• 3x USILA All-American (2009-2011)
• Colonial Athletic Association (CAA) Player of the Year (2009)
• Hofstra University Male Athlete of the Year (2009)
• CAA Rookie of the Year (2008)
• Captain of U-19 Canadian National Team (2008)
• International Lacrosse Federation All-World Team (2008)
Coach Jesse King
Directing camp this summer is Jesse King. As a professional player in both the MLL and NLL, Coach King has a wealth of experience and is excited to lead the Xcelerate Nike staff in 2018.View Jesse King's Bio ⟩
Professional: Georgia Swarm (NLL), Atlanta Blaze (MLL)
College: The Ohio State University
- Gold Medal Winner - Team Canada - 2014 World Championships
- 3x USILA All-American - Ohio State University
- Ranked 4th all-time in Buckeye history with 208 points and 119 goals, and first in game-winning goals (seven).
- As Ohio State’s team captain during his senior season King led the Buckeyes in all major scoring categories – points (77), goals (42) and assists (35)
- Selected by the Georgia Swarm with No. 3 overall pick in the 2015 NLL Draft
- Selected in the first round, No. 6 overall, by Rochester in the 2015 MLL Collegiate Draft
Sunday, July 29th to Thursday, August 2nd
With fantatstic professional turf fields to train on, this beautiful college setting at Pacific Lutheran University proves to be the perfect arena for developing lacrosse stars. Overnight & Commuter (Extended Day Camp 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM) options available.
OVERNIGHT CAMP AMENITIES
• 4 nights lodging • All meals
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
EXTENDED DAY CAMP AMENITIES
• Lunch & dinner
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
• Camp hours: SUN 5:00PM-9:00PM, MON-WED 8:45AM-9:00PM, THURS 9:00AM-11:30AM
A detailed camper registration packet containing check-in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers prior to camp. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Specialty Pre-Camp Clinics
Xcelerate Lacrosse offers a specialized Shooting-Dodging clinic and LSM-Defensive clinic at ALL of our Overnight Summer Camp Locations from 1:30pm - 4:30pm on the first day of camp. Clinic check-in is 1pm with dinner at 5pm. The clinics are optional and will be taught by top players and coaches.
Pre-Camp Specialty Clinic Check-in Sunday, July 29th
- Check-in between 1:00-1:30pm at Pflueger Hall.
- Once checked in parents do NOT have to stay for general check in at 3:00pm.
- The specialty clinic fee is an additional $85.
- Note: Space is limited
Check-in Sunday, July 29th
Check-in between 3:00-4:30pm at Pflueger Hall. Camp will begin with an orientation at 4:45pm, followed by dinner and our first field session.
Check out Thursday, August 2nd
Check-out is 11:00am at Pflueger Hall.
HOUSING & ROOMMATES
2 campers per room. If you have a roommate request, and have not already given it to us, please do so as soon as possible. Roommate requests are not guaranteed, if you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Dorm: Pflueger Hall
- Bathrooms: shared
- Linens: Not provided
- Air Conditioning: No - No A/C - Please bring a fan
- Suggested spending money: $40
- Medical facility: a certified trainer will be on staff during field sessions
Campers are supervised 24 hours a day. The staff live in the dormitories with the campers and participate in evening activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
EXTENDED DAY CAMPERS
- Sunday, July 29th: Check-in runs between 4:00-4:30pm at Pflueger Hall. Camp will begin with an orientation at 4:45pm, followed by dinner and our first field session. First day pick up is 8:45 pm at Pflueger Hall.
- July 30th, 31st & August 1st: Check-in is 8:45am at Pflueger Hall. Pick up is 8:45pm at Pflueger Hall.
- Thursday, August 2nd: Last day check-in is 8:45am at Pflueger Hall. Pick up is 11:00am at Pflueger Hall.
- Daily Schedule: SUN 4:30PM-8:45PM, MON-WED 8:45AM-8:45PM, THURS 8:45AM-11:00AM
Campers have the opportunity to pre-order an Xcelerate Nike t-shirt in the camp registration process through May 1st. You will receive items purchased on the first day at camp check-in.
- Xcelerate Nike T-Shirt - Price: $25
- T-Shirt Sizes Available in Adult Small, Medium, Large and X-Large
Airport Shuttle Transportation
Please visit the Capital Aeroporter airport shuttle link below for information regarding service to and from campus. Shuttles can drop you off directly in front of ‘PLU-Pfleuger Hall’ which is right next to our camp dorm, Foss Hall. Once you have your reservation, please contact our office with the details. We ask that you arrive on campus during check-in and depart campus during check-out - www.capair.com.
Early Bird Discount: $50 - Offer Code: XLR818. (Available until January 31, 2018). You can call 1-800-645-3226 to receive the early bird discount over the phone or you can enter in the offer code XLR818 when registering via our secure website. The early bird discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Goalie Discount: $100 - Offer Code: XLGK18. To ensure each session has enough goalies for drills and scrimmages, all goalies automatically qualify for a special $100 discount. You can call 1-800-645-3226 to receive the goalie discount over the phone or you can enter in the offer code XLGK18 when registering via our secure website.
PLEASE NOTE: Once we’ve reached our quota of registered goalies the discount will no longer be available. The goalie discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Team Discount: $25. If five or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $25 discount. Please have a team contact reach out directly to the USSC office at 1-800-645-3226 to receive a discount code to identify your group. Campers may then register through the website at their convenience and apply the coupon code during check-out.
Note: If qualified, you may choose ONLY ONE discount
We have three sessions per day. A great deal of instruction takes place in the early part of the day, demonstrations and instruction mid-day, and games during the evening session. We also like to throw in a number of ‘fun’ activities like our fastest shot contest, freestyle/skills competition, swim time, rec time, and camper vs. coach game. Below is a template and is subject to change.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 AM Breakfast (Overnight Campers)
- 8:45 AM Extended Day Campers Arrive
- 9:00 AM Station Work, Drills, Position Work
- Noon Lunch
- 12:30 PM Rest Hour / Camp Store / Swimming
- 2:00 PM Demonstrations, Position Work
- 3:00 PM Small Group Scrimmages, Team Play
- 5:00 PM Dinner
- 6:15 PM Team Instruction / Games
- 8:45 PM Extended Day Campers Depart
- 9:00 PM Free Time / Camp Store / Pizza
- 10:45 PM Lights Out!
Pacific Lutheran University
Located in the Parkland neighborhood of Tacoma, Washington, PLU is set in a region that offers vast opportunities for outdoor recreation, culture and sports.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
Thank you for this experience!
August 10, 2017: My son had a great experience once again at camp. He had a great repore with his primary coach and felt like he was supported and encouraged by all staff. At one point during the camp, I needed to get a message to our son and I was able to call the Director directly and he was very friendly and helpful. Both years our son has attended I feel like he was in safe hands and with great people. Thank you for this experience.
— Russell C. Parent
August 8, 2017: Great camp! Extremely well organized and excellent pre-camp communication. PLU facilities were also excellent. Our son had a blast and has asked to come back again next year -- and wants to bring more teammates with him!
— Lucy O. Parent
August 8, 2017: Getting together with kids my son plays against at the club and elite level is great. Building the lacrosse community, and sharing skills from a lot of different teaching/coaching persepectives, is wonderful to see.
— Al M. Parent
Thank you so much!
August 8, 2017: Nick really enjoyed your camp. He has been to other camps (UW LAX Camp) and did not learn the skills or have the instructions that your camp provided for him. His skill has improved and he is a more confident goalie today because of it. Thank you so MUCH!!!
August 18, 2016: I want to thank you again for all that Xcelerate has done this summer. Our son has really thrived in the atmosphere of professional coaching and play that you have offered. His quality of play and skill level has increased and he now feels more confident and qualified on the playing field.
— Jane W. Parent
August 16, 2016: I want to thank you and the coaches for doing such a great job. John has really enjoyed Xcelerate. I couldn’t have asked for a better group of coaches for John; they were positive and very motivating and helped John improve his lacrosse skills. He now loves going to practices and spending more time playing lacrosse. Thanks for everything.
— Charlie K. Parent
August 21, 2015: Your camp was fantastic! The skill level of the coaches and personal attention was very helpful. The days were full and intense!
— Miguel S. Parent
We Will Be Back!!
August 20, 2015: My son raved about the excellent instruction and how impressed he was with all the coaches and instructors. He really felt that his game greatly improved and he feels a lot better about his face offs. Thanks and see you again next summer!
— Pat N. Parent