Xcelerate Nike Texas Boys Lacrosse Camp at Southwestern University
Celebrating 16 Years of Boys and Girls
Lacrosse Instruction and Summer Camp Fun!
Southwestern University, in the heart of Central Texas, is the place to be for one of our most popular camps in the country. The school’s 700-acre campus is located in historic Georgetown, Texas, just 25 miles north of Austin.
Our 13th SUMMER IN TEXAS! Led by camp director and NLL Pro Player, Dan Coates, campers will train each day on the lacrosse fields just a few steps from the air-conditioned dorms. In between sessions, campers will refuel in the dining hall, hang out in “The Cove”, cool off in the campus swimming pool, and participate in the coaches Q&A sessions. We expect another sell out in 2019, so be sure to register soon!
- Free NIKE Vapor 2.0 Head given to the FIRST 20 registered campers!
- The BEST Topnotch Lacrosse Instruction; 10 to 1 Camper to Staff ratio
- Boys ages 10-18: All Positions - All Levels of Play
- Specific Position Training
- Clean & Comfortable Air Conditioned Dorm Rooms
- Southwestern U. Swimming Pool
- The 'Cove' Student Center
- Xcelerate Nike Reversible Jersey & Lanyard
- Special Goalie instruction
- Pre-Camp Specialty Shooting & Defense Clinics available
- Xcelerate Nike Competition Prizes and Raffle on the last day of camp!
- Southwestern Girls camp also being offered June 9-13
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Dan Coates
Directing camp this summer is Dan Coates. Coach Coates is a professional player with the Colorado Mammoth (NLL) and was a Gold Medal winner with Team Canada.View Dan Coates's Bio & Lacrosse Tips ⟩
Professional: Colorado Mammoth (NLL)
College: Canisius College
• Gold Medal Winner - Team Canada - 2014 World Championships
• Gold Medal Winner - Team Canada - 2015 FIL World Indoor Lacrosse Championship
• 2017 Team Captain - NLL’s Colorado Mammoth
• 2016 Recipient - NLL Colorado Mammoth Jay Jalbert Award - “Ideal teammate who exemplifies selfless play and commitment and dedication to his team”
• 8th Overall Selection in 2011 NLL Draft
• 1st Team All-MAAC - NCAA Division 1 Canisius College
Lacrosse Tips by Dan Coates:
Staff Mark Cockerton
Coaching at camp this summer is MLL/NLL Pro Player, Mark Cockerton.View Mark's Bio ⟩
Professional: Rochester Rattlers, Ohio Machine (MLL), New England Black Wolves (NLL)
College: University of Virginia
• 2018 Team Canada - Training Roster
• 2017 MLL Championship Team (Ohio)
• 2014 Rattlers Leading Goal Scorer (24)
• 6th Overall Selection in 2014 NLL Draft
• 125 goals - No. 8 All-Time (Virginia)
• 2013 3rd Team All-American (Virginia)
Our goal, at Xcelerate Nike Lacrosse Camps, is to bring out the very best in every player we coach. We focus our energies on building self-confidence and improving skills through innovative drills, position training, small-sided games, and team driven competition. We encourage our campers to work hard, be creative, and have fun! At the end of the camp week, our players leave with a higher lacrosse IQ, an enhanced skill set, new role models, new friends, and a true love of the game.
Sunday, June 9th to Thursday, June 13th
Overnight & Extended Day Camp (9:00AM to 9:00PM) options available.
OVERNIGHT CAMP AMENITIES
• 4 nights lodging • All meals
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
EXTENDED DAY CAMP AMENITIES
• Lunch & Dinner
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
• Camp hours: SUN 4:00PM-9:00PM, MON-WED 9:00AM-9:00PM, THURS 9:00AM-11:30AM
A detailed camper registration packet containing check-in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers prior to camp. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Specialty Pre-Camp Clinics
Xcelerate Lacrosse offers a specialized Shooting-Dodging clinic and LSM-Defensive clinic from 1:30pm-4:30pm on the first day of camp. Clinic check-in is at 1:00pm with dinner at approximately 5:00pm. The clinics will be taught by top players and coaches.
Pre-Camp Specialty Clinic Check-in Sunday, June 9th
- Choose the Shooting & Dodging Clinic or the LSM & Defensive Clinic
- Check-in between 1:00-1:30pm at McCombs Campus Center.
- Once checked in parents do NOT have to stay for general check in at 3:00pm.
- The specialty clinic fee is an additional $85.
- Note: Space is limited.
Check-in Sunday, June 9th
Check-in between 3:00-4:30pm at McCombs Campus Center. Camp will begin with an orientation at 4:45pm, followed by dinner and our first field session.
Check out Thursday, June 13th
Check-out between 11:00am-12:00pm at McCombs Campus Center.
HOUSING & ROOMMATES
2 campers per room. If you have a roommate request, and have not already given it to us, please do so as soon as possible. Roommate requests are not guaranteed. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Dorm: Brown/Moody Shearn Residence Halls
- Bathrooms: shared
- Linens: Not provided
- Air Conditioning: Yes - No fan needed - dorms air-conditioned
- Suggested spending money: $40
- Medical facility: a certified trainer will be on staff during field sessions
Campers are supervised 24 hours a day. The staff live in the dormitories with the campers and participate in evening activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
EXTENDED DAY CAMPERS
- Sunday, June 9th: Check-in between 4:00-4:30pm at McCombs Campus Center. Camp will begin with an orientation at 4:45pm, followed by dinner and our first field session. First Day pick up time and location will be provided at check-in.
- June 10th, 11th & 12th: Drop off and pick up locations for extended day campers will be provided on the first day of camp. Lunch and dinner provided.
- Thursday, June 13th: Last day drop off and pick up locations for extended day campers will be provided on the first day of camp. No meals provided.
- Daily Schedule: SUN 4:00PM-9:00PM, MON-WED 9:00AM-9:00PM, THURS 9:00AM-11:30AM
Campers have the opportunity to pre-order an Xcelerate Nike t-shirt in the camp registration process through May 1st. You will receive items purchased on the first day at camp check-in.
- Xcelerate Nike T-Shirt - Price: $25
- T-Shirt Sizes Available in Adult Small, Medium, Large and X-Large
The Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS) is approximately 34 miles from Southwestern University. You may choose to utilize a shuttle service to travel to and from the airport. The following shuttle services have been used by Xcelerate Lacrosse campers in the past and will drop you directly in front of McCombs Campus Center for check-in.
- Airport Express: 512-868-6688
- Airport Flash: 512-930-2700
- Super Shuttle Transportation Systems: 512-258-3826
Early Bird Discount: $50 - Offer Code: XLR819. (Available until January 31, 2019). You can call 1-800-645-3226 to receive the early bird discount over the phone or you can enter in the offer code XLR819 when registering via our secure website. The early bird discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Goalie Discount: $100 - Offer Code: XLGK19. To ensure each session has enough goalies for drills and scrimmages, all goalies automatically qualify for a special $100 discount. You can call 1-800-645-3226 to receive the goalie discount over the phone or you can enter in the offer code XLGK19 when registering via our secure website. PLEASE NOTE: Once we’ve reached our quota of registered goalies the discount will no longer be available. The goalie discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Team Discount: $25. If five or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $25 discount. Please have a team contact reach out directly to the USSC office at 1-800-645-3226 to receive a discount code to identify your group. Campers may then register through the website at their convenience and apply the coupon code during check-out.
Note: If qualified, you may choose ONLY ONE discount
We have three sessions per day. A great deal of instruction takes place in the early part of the day, demonstrations and instruction mid-day, and games during the evening session. We also like to throw in a number of ‘fun’ activities like our fastest shot contest, freestyle/skills competition, lax golf, pool time, rec time, and camper vs. coach game. Below is a template and is subject to change.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 AM Breakfast (Overnight Campers)
- 8:45 AM Extended Day Campers Arrive
- 9:00 AM Station Work, Drills, Position Work
- Noon Lunch
- 12:30 PM Rest Hour / Camp Store / Swimming
- 2:00 PM Demonstrations, Position Work
- 3:00 PM Small Group Scrimmages, Team Play
- 5:00 PM Dinner
- 6:15 PM Team Instruction / Games
- 8:45 PM Extended Day Campers depart
- 9:00 PM Free Time / Camp Store / Pizza
- 10:45 PM Lights Out!
Southwestern University is located in the heart of Central Texas, in historic Georgetown. The campus sits in close proximity to Austin with its vibrant, innovative and creative culture. Soccer/Lacrosse Fields, on the east side of the campus, serves as outdoor playing fields for men's and women's soccer and men's lacrosse.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
Skills clinic was fantastic!
June 22, 2018: It was really great and we hope to be back next year! The skills clinic was fantastic!
— Luis R. Parent
Three Years And Counting!
June 22, 2018: My son has attended three years in a row now and loves the setting, instruction, coaches, and the relative freedom the boys are given. This year, he loved the coaching staff!
— Joe C. Parent
June 30, 2017: No complaints. Check in was organized and easy. My son felt safe and had fun. He returned a more confident player than when he arrived and, for him, that's something he can really use. He really enjoyed the "fastest shot", "trick shot", "most accurate shot" competitions. He also liked playing vs. the girls as well as the "nukem" game. Very grateful for this experience and the staff that made it possible. My son had already asked about next year...
— Bill M. Parent
Learned so much!
June 28, 2017: My son loved being part of this camp. He enjoyed the dorm life, the food, and all of his new friends. He had plenty of opportunities to work on his skills and gain game experience. We will be back next year for sure!
— Laura R. Parent
June 27, 2017: I enjoyed being around the campers and coaches alike. I felt that I was able to improve my skills and had an experience that kept me coming here from 6th grade through 12th!
— Seth R. Camper
Can't wait to return!
June 26, 2017: This was my son's second year of camp and he not only thoroughly enjoyed it, but he has indicated that this absolutely helps with his lacrosse skills! Looking forward to next year!
— Matt M. Parent
Highlight of the summer!
June 24, 2017: This camp was surely the highlight of my summer! I loved scrimmaging, meeting new kids new, the speed shoot contest, and the competitive environment.
— Joe F. Parent
June 23, 2017: My son learned a lot from the coaching staff to help improve for the upcoming season. He also really enjoyed the friendships he made with his roommates.The camp was well organized and always made sure the kids were where they needed to be.
— James H. Parent
June 21, 2017: My son made 8 goals and was able to play a variety of positions as well as brush up on his skills. He has already asked to go back next year!
— Marilyn D. Parent
June 29, 2016: Great experience for my son! He came home with all positive comments! He loved being challenged with the older kids. Learned something new everyday!
— Brandon W. Parent
I learned a lot!
June 27, 2016: Xcelerate LAX camp is a great experience - lots of opportunities to improve my skills while having fun with a diverse group of players. The instructors provided a challenging environment - I learned a lot!
— Tyrek J. Camper
One of the best!
June 26, 2016: My 14 year old son had a fantastic time at this camp. He has been to many other lacrosse camps but he ranks this as one of the best. He participated in the pre-clinic that was offered for LSM's on check-in day. Having a MLL LSM was extremely important to him and he took away so much from that specialized instruction. We will be returning again next summer! Thanks for a great experience for our son!
— Vern L. Parent
Until then Xcelerate!
July 2, 2015: It's a great time to be away from home with your lax brothers! I really liked being in the dorms and meeting some cool people. I already asked my mom if I can go next year, and she said yes! Until then Xcelerate!
— Josh K. Camper
See you next year!
June 27, 2015: Just wanted you all to know that Austin had a great time! He was really impressed with the coaches and learned a lot. Thanks for taking the time to spend with these kids. See you next year!
— Brianna H. Parent
June 25, 2015: Tyler told us it was the best camp yet for Lacrosse and to my delight he actually admitted that he got a lot out of it, not bad for a kid that is already a competent Lacrosse player and a senior starting attack. We will see you next year!
— Brian K. Parent
June 22, 2015: Your staff truly inspired an abiding love of the sport. My son is a soccer player and a golfer but even though it's not lax season he gets his stick out and throws at least twice a week. Xcelerate really lit the fire. A great investment!
— Brian P. Parent
June 22, 2015: Jack said he had the "best time I’ve ever had in my whole life" at your camp----so thank you!!! We’ll definitely have him attend a couple of sessions next year. It was awesome for him in so many ways!!!
— Erin A. Parent