Xcelerate Nike South Carolina Boys Lacrosse Camp at USC
Celebrating 15 Years of Boys and Girls
Lacrosse Instruction and Summer Camp Fun!
We’re excited to be back in South Carolina in 2018! Collegiate Head Coach and camper favorite, Eric McKinney, will lead the coaching crew this summer helping campers reach a new level of play. Located in downtown Columbia, the University of South Carolina is the perfect college setting for our top rated instructional camp.
Campers will improve their stick skills, receive position specific training, and play in countless games throughout the week. Off the field, campers will cool off in the swimming pool, hang out in the student center, refuel in the dining hall, and relax in the air-conditioned dorms. Summer time fun awaits!
- Free NIKE Vapor 2.0 Head given to the FIRST 20 registered campers!
- The BEST Topnotch Lacrosse Instruction; 10 to 1 Camper to Staff ratio
- Boys ages 10-18: All Positions - All Levels of Play
- Specific Position Training
- Clean & Comfortable Air Conditioned Dorm Room
- Olympic Size Swimming Pool
- Xcelerate Nike Reversible Jersey & Lanyard
- Special Goalie instruction
- Pre-Camp Specialty Shooting & Defense Clinics available
- Xcelerate Nike Competition Prizes and Raffle on the last day of camp!
- South Carolina Girls only camp also being offered June 19-22
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Eric McKinney
Directing camp this summer is Eric McKinney. Coach McKinney brings an abundance of coaching experience to our program and is currently the Head Coach of Brevard College.View Eric's Bio ⟩
After spending two years as the men's lacrosse assistant coach at Brevard College, Eric McKinney was elevated to head coach toward the end of the 2017 season. In just one year, Coach McKinney took a team that finished 2-12 in 2017 and led them to an astonishing 9-3 record in 2018.
McKinney served as interim head coach of the Tornados for the final four games of the 2017 regular-season. Under McKinney's leadership, the blue and white averaged just under 10 goals in their final four contests, while surrendering 14.
Brevard displayed a renewed sense of worth and excitement for the game following McKinney's promotion. The Tornados lost their next two contests by a combined three goals, against Catawba (12-10) and Lees-McRae (14-13), before suffering a 17-4 downing to nationally ranked Wingate on Apr. 15. McKinney rallied his troops following the match with Wingate as the Tornados nearly knocked off the Mars Hill on senior day before falling 14-11.
Along with the excitement and enthusiasm the at the close of the 2017 campaign, Brevard saw four players finish with 20 goals in a season for the second time in the programs four-year history. Seniors Ryan Taylor and Mathew Dropuljic tallied 20 and 26 scores, respectively, while the sophomore due of Jackson McKaig and Kyle Hunziker finished with 33 and 26 goals, respectively. As a team the Tornados finished tops among the SAC with a 36.2 shot percentage, which also ranked third in the nation, while their 70.7 shot on goal percentage was also tops in the conference.
McKinney, a Cincinnati, OH native, was a midfielder at the College of Wooster, where he earned first team all-conference honors with the Fighting Scots. He was an integral member of the first College of Wooster team to win the NCAC conference title and qualify for the NCAA Division III tournament.
McKinney served as an assistant varsity coach and head junior varsity coach at Wooster High School in northern Ohio. Additionally, he spent time coaching both high school and middle school programs in southeastern Maine.
McKinney graduated from The College of Wooster in 2006 with a degree in sociology.
Our goal, at Xcelerate Nike Lacrosse Camps, is to bring out the very best in every player we coach. We focus our energies on building self-confidence and improving skills through innovative drills, position training, small-sided games, and team driven competition. We encourage our campers to work hard, be creative, and have fun! At the end of the camp week, our players leave with a higher lacrosse IQ, an enhanced skill set, new role models, new friends, and a true love of the game.
Monday, June 18th to Thursday, June 21st
Overnight & Commuter (Extended Day Camp 9:00AM to 9:00PM) options available.
OVERNIGHT CAMP AMENITIES
• 3 nights lodging • All meals
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
EXTENDED DAY CAMP AMENITIES
• Lunch & Dinner
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
• Camp hours: MON 4:00PM-9:00PM, TUE-WED 9:00AM-9:00PM, THURS 9:00AM-11:30AM
A detailed camper registration packet containing check-in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers prior to camp. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
SPECIALTY PRE-CAMP CLINICS
Xcelerate Lacrosse offers a specialized Shooting-Dodging clinic and LSM-Defensive clinic from 1:30pm-4:30pm on the first day of camp. Clinic check-in is at 1:00pm with dinner at approximately 5:00pm. The clinics will be taught by top players and coaches.
- Choose the Shooting & Dodging Clinic or the LSM & Defensive Clinic
- Check-in between 1:00-1:30pm at Honors Residence Hall
- Once checked in parents do NOT have to stay for general check in at 3:00pm
- The specialty clinic fee is an additional $85.
- Note: Space is limited
Check-in Monday, June 18th
Check-in between 3:00-4:30pm at Honors Residence Hall. Camp will begin with an orientation at 4:45pm, followed by dinner and our first field session.
Check out Thursday, June 21st
Check-out between 11:00am-12:00pm at Honors Residence Hall.
HOUSING & ROOMMATES
2 campers per room. If you have a roommate request, and have not already given it to us, please do so as soon as possible. Roommate requests are not guaranteed. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Dorm: Honors Residence Hall
- Bathrooms: shared
- Linens: Not provided
- Air Conditioning: Yes - No fan needed - dorms air-conditioned
- Suggested spending money: $40
- Medical facility: a certified trainer will be on staff during field sessions
The staff reside in the dormitories with the campers and participate in all activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
EXTENDED DAY CAMPERS
- Monday, June 18th: Check-in between 4:00-4:30pm at Honors Residence Hall.Camp will begin with an orientation at 4:45pm, followed by dinner and our first field session. First Day pick up time and location will be provided at check-in.
- June 19th & 20th: Drop off and pick up locations for extended day campers will be provided on the first day of camp. Lunch and dinner provided.
- Thursday, June 21st: Last day drop off and pick up locations for extended day campers will be provided on the first day of camp. No meals provided.
- Daily Schedule: MON 4:00PM-9:00PM, TUE-WED 9:00AM-9:00PM, THURS 9:00AM-11:30AM
Campers have the opportunity to pre-order an Xcelerate Nike t-shirt in the camp registration process through May 1st. You will receive items purchased on the first day at camp check-in.
- Xcelerate Nike T-Shirt - Price: $25 (SOLD OUT!)
- T-Shirt Sizes Available in Adult Small, Medium, Large and X-Large
Early Bird Discount: $50 - Offer Code: XLR818. (Available until January 31, 2018). You can call 1-800-645-3226 to receive the early bird discount over the phone or you can enter in the offer code XLR818 when registering via our secure website. The early bird discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Goalie Discount: $100 - Offer Code: XLGK18. To ensure each session has enough goalies for drills and scrimmages, all goalies automatically qualify for a special $100 discount. You can call 1-800-645-3226 to receive the goalie discount over the phone or you can enter in the offer code XLGK18 when registering via our secure website. PLEASE NOTE: Once we’ve reached our quota of registered goalies the discount will no longer be available. The goalie discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Team Discount: $25. If five or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $25 discount. Please have a team contact reach out directly to the USSC office at 1-800-645-3226 to receive a discount code to identify your group. Campers may then register through the website at their convenience and apply the coupon code during check-out.
Note: If qualified, you may choose ONLY ONE discount.
We have three sessions per day. A great deal of instruction takes place in the early part of the day, demonstrations and instruction mid-day, and games during the evening session. We also like to throw in a number of ‘fun’ activities like our fastest shot contest, freestyle/skills competition, swim time, rec time, and camper vs. coach game. Below is a template and is subject to change.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 AM Breakfast (Overnight Campers)
- 8:45 AM Extended Day Campers Arrive
- 9:00 AM Station Work, Drills, Position Work
- Noon Lunch
- 12:30 PM Rest Hour / Camp Store / Swimming
- 2:00 PM Demonstrations, Position Work
- 3:00 PM Small Group Scrimmages, Team Play
- 5:00 PM Dinner
- 6:15 PM Team Instruction / Games
- 8:45 PM Extended Day Campers depart
- 9:00 PM Free Time / Camp Store / Pizza
- 10:45 PM Lights Out!
University of South Carolina
The University of South Carolina is home to more than 200 years of history and tradition. From humble beginnings in a single building on what would become our historic Horseshoe, the University has grown in fits and starts over the centuries.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
Can't Wait To Go Back!
June 22, 2018: I loved the experience of college level training from coaches and the environment in college dorms. I can't wait to go back next year!
Learned a lot!
June 27, 2017: My son learned a lot! The camp gave him a chance to sharpen skills and learn new ones.
— Molly H. Parent
One on one attention!
June 23, 2017: We liked that this was a smaller camp than some of the others and our son got more one on one attention.
— Tom B. Parent
Can't wait for next year!
June 29, 2016: My son truly enjoyed the coaches and felt welcomed by the staff. The coaches were great at identifying stengths and weaknesses and giving appropiate feedback. Can't wait for next year!
— Pete C. Parent
I learned a lot!
June 28, 2016: Great place to meet other players in the region. I have friends now all over the state. The coaches were very friendly and welcoming. I learned a lot and am excited to bring it to my team!
— Harrison R. Camper
Camp Dates & Prices
This program has concluded for the season.
Please Join our email list to be notified when this program is available for registration.