Xcelerate Nike Girls Lacrosse Overnight & Day Camp at the University of South Carolina
2023 SUMMER CAMP REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
OUR 8TH YEAR IN SOUTH CAROLINA!
We're adding an EXTRA FIELD SESSION in 2023! This year camp check-in will take place two hours earlier on the first day of camp, enabling everyone to receive more instruction and game time experience. Get ready to LEARN FROM THE BEST!
Register for camp today and you’ll be a part of something truly special. It’s a chance to improve all aspects of your lacrosse game in a fun-filled summer camp environment.
Join the 1,000s of lacrosse players that have come before you and see and feel what it’s like to learn from some of the best ‘teaching’ coaches in the game today.
Xcelerate’s coaching staff will provide a positive and rewarding environment, giving campers the tools to reach their full potential. Confidence-building drills, skill-driven reps, and competitive games await every camper.
The USC dormitories provide safe, comfortable housing for campers after a long day on the lacrosse fields. Campers will also enjoy the campus swimming pool!
It’s time to GET BETTER! It’s time to have SOME FUN!
Register for our University of South Carolina Camp Today!
We Love Giveaways! Be one of the FIRST 20 to register for camp and receive a FREE NIKE LACROSSE HEAD on the first day of camp!
- Free NIKE Lacrosse Head given to the FIRST 20 registered campers!
- The BEST Topnotch Lacrosse Instruction; 10 to 1 Camper to Staff ratio
- 3 Divisions - Players Divided by Grade
- All Positions - All Levels of Play
- Position Specific Training
- Clean & Comfortable Air Conditioned Dorm Rooms
- Olympic Sized Swimming Pool
- Xcelerate Nike Reversible Jersey & Lanyard
- Special Goalie instruction
- Xcelerate Nike Competition Prizes and Raffle on the last day of camp!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Molly Lehman-Lewis
Directing camp is Molly Lehman-Lewis who begins her third season as Head Women's Lacrosse Coach at Belmont Abbey College.View Molly Lehman-Lewis's Bio ⟩
She started her coaching career at The Abbey in 2010, where she worked primarily with defenders and goaltenders, while also playing a large role in recruiting and scouting reports. Lewis holds a 25-14 overall record, including 16-4 in conference play.
Prior to her return, Lehman-Lewis spent three years running CLT Lacrosse, Inc., where she was the director of Little Sticks Lacrosse. During that time, she also worked as a varsity assistant for Myers Park High School (2015-17) and assisted at Queens (spring 2017). Additionally, Lehman-Lewis has worked as the Director of Coaching with Queen City Star's Elite Girls Lacrosse Club for eight years and is a Coaching Development Trainer with US Lacrosse.
A 2010 graduate of SUNY-Potsdam with a degree in Psychology, Lehman-Lewis was a four-year letter winner as an attacker for the Bears. She scored 115 goals during her career including a team-high 53 during her junior season. She accumulated 111 draw controls during her senior season which is still a SUNY Potsdam single-season record. She was named a team captain as a senior and was Team MVP in both 2009 and 2010.
Coaches Xcelerate Girls Coaching Staff
College Coaches, High School Coaches, and College Lacrosse Players.
At Xcelerate Nike Lacrosse Camps, our goal is to bring out the very best in every player we coach. In doing so, we focus our energies on building confidence and improving skills through innovative drills, small-sided games, position-specific training, and team driven competition. We encourage our campers to play hard, be creative, and have fun! At the end of the week, our campers leave with a higher lacrosse IQ, an enhanced skill set, new role models, new friends, and a true love of the game!
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: June 19-22
- Age Group: 10-18
- Gender: Girls
- Camp Type: Overnight, Extended Day (commuter)
- Check-In: Overnight Campers: Check-in Monday between 1:00-2:30pm at Green Quad A. Extended Day Campers: Check-in Monday between 2:00-2:30pm at Green Quad A.
- Check-out: Check-out between 11:00am-12:00pm at Green Quad A.
- Extended Day Schedule: MON 2:00PM-8:45PM, TUE-WED 9:00AM-8:45PM, THURS 9:00AM-11:30AM **Times subject to change
- Meals: All meals are provided for Overnight campers. Lunch and dinner are provided for all Extended Day (commuter) campers.
- Program: At Xcelerate Nike Lacrosse Camps top level instruction will once again be offered to our campers from the best coaches and pros in lacrosse. From the beginner to the elite lacrosse player, our camps provide a challenge to every camper. The Skills program will provide campers with the fundamental skills, position-specific training, and in-game tactical knowledge needed to enhance their skills.
University of South Carolina
Green Quad A:
1216 A Wheat Street
Columbia, SC 29208
Click Here for Directions
Click Here for Campus Map
Check-in Monday, June 19th
Overnight Campers: Check-in between 1:00-2:30pm at Green Quad A. Extended Day Campers: Check-in between 2:00-2:30pm at Green Quad A. Camp will begin with an orientation at 2:45pm, followed by our first field session and evening meal.
Check-out Thursday, June 22nd
Check-out between 11:00am-12:00pm at Green Quad A.
The information below is based on previous years and is subject to change each year.
- Dorm: Green Quad A
- Number of Campers Per Room: 2 per room
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be mutual and received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: Shared
- Linens: Not included. Bring linens or a sleeping bag, a pillow, a pillowcase, and a towel.
- Air Conditioning: Yes - No fan needed - dorms air-conditioned
The staff reside in the dormitories with the campers and participate in all activities. Drugs, alcohol, and tobacco are strictly prohibited and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning, afternoon, and evening training sessions
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
- Reversible Jersey & Prizes: Campers at multi-day camps will receive a Xcelerate Nike Lacrosse Camps Reversible Jersey and prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Please bring your protective goggles, mouthpiece, cleats, and lacrosse stick.
- Facility: Athletic Fields
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
Checklist of things to bring:
- Athletic Socks
- Personal Items
- Protective Goggles
- Lacrosse Stick
- Goalies Must Have Full Protective Equipment
- Water Bottle
- Extra Towels
- Pillow & Pillowcase
- Off-field clothes
- Spending money (we recommend $50 or so)
- No fan needed - dorms are air conditioned
- Twin XL Sheets/Blanket or Sleeping Bag
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
EXTENDED DAY CAMPERS
Checklist of Things to Bring: We recommend that all Extended Day Campers bring a daily pack with the following items: Along with your lacrosse equipment, we recommend that you bring a day pack with the following items: water bottle, weather-appropriate clothing, cleats, and walking shoes.
Camp Schedule & Meals:
- Monday: Check-in between 2:00pm-2:30pm at Green Quad A. Camp will begin with an orientation at 2:45pm, followed by our first field session and evening meal. First Day pick up time and location will be provided at check-in.
- Tuesday & Wednesday: Drop off and pick up locations for extended day campers will be provided on the first day of camp. Lunch and dinner provided.
- Thursday: Last day drop off and pick up locations for extended day campers will be provided on the first day of camp. No meals provided.
- Daily Schedule: MON 2:00PM-8:45PM, TUE-WED 9:00AM-8:45PM, THURS 9:00AM-11:30AM. **Times subject to change
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE LACROSSE CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our lacrosse camps please see our FAQ page.Show Less See More Camp Details
CAMP DATES: Monday, June 19th to Thursday, June 22nd
Overnight & Extended Day Camp options available.
OVERNIGHT CAMP AMENITIES
• 3 nights lodging • All meals
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
EXTENDED DAY CAMP AMENITIES
• Lunch & Dinner
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
• Camp hours: MON 2:00PM-8:45PM, TUE-WED 9:00AM-8:45PM, THURS 9:00AM-11:30AM. **Times subject to change
We have three sessions per day. A great deal of instruction takes place in the early part of the day, demonstrations and instruction mid-day, and games during the evening session. We also like to throw in a number of ‘fun’ activities like our fastest shot contest, freestyle/skills competition, lax golf, pool time, rec time, and camper vs. coach game. Below is a template and is subject to change.
We have 3 Divisions in our Overnight Camps. Each division will have coaches providing instruction to campers that correlates with that particular grade and level of play.
Grade based on 2023-2024 academic year:
- High School A & B Division - Entering grades 9-12 in the Fall of 2023
- Junior High Division - Entering grades 7-8 in the Fall of 2023
- Rising Stars Division - Entering grades 5-6 in the Fall of 2023
* At times we may have camps that are either smaller or larger in number which may lead us to adjust our divisions accordingly.
Campers have the opportunity to pre-order an Xcelerate Nike t-shirt in the camp registration process through May 1st. You will receive items purchased on the first day at camp check-in.
- Xcelerate Nike T-Shirt - Price: $35
- T-Shirt Sizes Available in Adult Small, Medium, Large and X-Large
**Campers are eligible for ONE Discount ONLY. Both the Individual and Goalie discounts are included in the current registration price. Once the discount dates have passed, the full price will be listed**
Individual Discount: $50 Early Bird discount available until February 28th. The price will increase on March 1st and then again on April 1st. The individual discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Goalie Discount: $50. Each of our camps has a position-specific coach, however, to ensure each session has enough goalies for drills and scrimmages, all goalies automatically qualify for a special price. The goalie discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Team Discount: Please reach out directly to the USSC office at 800-645-3226 for available discounts involving 10 or more teammates. The team discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Note: If qualified, you may choose ONLY ONE discount
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 AM Breakfast (Overnight Campers)
- 8:45 AM Extended Day Campers Arrive
- 9:00 AM Station Work, Drills, Position Work
- Noon Lunch
- 12:30 PM Rest Hour, Camp Store, Swimming
- 2:00 PM Demonstrations, Position Work
- 3:00 PM Small Group Scrimmages, Team Play
- 5:00 PM Dinner
- 6:15 PM Team Instruction, Games
- 8:45 PM Extended Day Campers depart
- 9:00 PM Free Time, Camp Store, Pizza
- 10:45 PM Lights Out!
University of South Carolina
The University of South Carolina is home to more than 200 years of history and tradition. From humble beginnings in a single building on what would become our historic Horseshoe, the University has grown in fits and starts over the centuries.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
Overall Average RatingStars
Helped my daughter tremendously!
July 26, 2019: My daughter made great new friends, had a fun time socially and felt she learned a lot about playing goalie in Lacrosse. She is new to the sport but loves playing it and wants to excel at playing goalie, she felt this camp helped her tremendously.
— Buddy D. Parent
July 25, 2019: I felt my daughter improved in every area of the game! The coaches were quick to give positive feedback and had her play in different positions to improve her overall game! The whole experience was a success!
— Laura S. Parent
Everything was great!
June 22, 2018: Everything was great...the positive interaction and instruction from the coaches were highlights for my daughter.
— Vernell D. Parent
Learned A Lot!
June 25, 2018: My child enjoyed working with the knowledgeable coaching staff and liked the variety of skill stations. As an attack player, she was able to refine her stick skills, footwork and lacrosse IQ which will make her a stronger player.
— Meredith G. Parent
More confident on the field!
June 26, 2017: My daughter's camp experience helped her improve her stick skills and her on field communication. She enjoyed staying overnight in the dorms and will definitely come back next year!
— Hillary H. Camper
June 26, 2017: A highlight of the camp was working on specific stick skills, engaging coaches, meeting new players. I had a lot of fun and want to come back next summer!
— Melanie S. Camper
Can't wait for next summer!
July 1, 2016: The coahces made the two hour sessions a lot of fun and go by really fast while at the same time teaching fundamental skills. I loved experience life on the USC campus and living inthe dorms. Can't wait for next summer!
— Mallory K. Camper
June 29, 2016: The camp was a wonderful experience for our daughter. She came home with a strong sense of skills needed to improve her game. The instructors were attentive, encouraging and skilled. My only note was the food in the cafeteria. It could use a few more vegetarian options. Other than that everything was great!
— Janet E. Parent
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.