Xcelerate Nike Pennsylvania Girls Lacrosse Overnight & Day Camp at Washington & Jefferson College
2024 Dates & Prices Coming Soon!
OUR 5TH YEAR IN PITTSBURGH!
We're adding an EXTRA FIELD SESSION in 2024! This year camp check-in will take place two hours earlier on the first day of camp, enabling everyone to receive more instruction and game time experience. Get ready to LEARN FROM THE BEST!
Register for camp today and you’ll be a part of something truly special. It’s a chance to improve all aspects of your lacrosse game in a fun-filled summer camp environment.
Join the 1,000s of lacrosse players that have come before you and see and feel what it’s like to learn from some of the best ‘teaching’ coaches in the game today.
Led by W&J Women's Head Coach, Alison Valerio, Xcelerate’s coaching staff will provide a positive and rewarding environment, giving campers the tools to reach their full potential. Confidence-building drills, skill-driven reps, and competitive games await every camper.
A short distance from Pittsburgh, the Washington & Jefferson campus is a perfect summer camp setting with easy walks to the athletic fields, recreation center, and dining hall. Campers will get a true sense of what being a collegiate athlete is all about!
It’s time to GET BETTER! It’s time to have SOME FUN!
Register for our Washington & Jefferson College Camp Today!
We Love Giveaways! Be one of the FIRST 10 to register for camp and receive a FREE NIKE LACROSSE HEAD on the first day of camp!
- Free NIKE Lacrosse Head given to the FIRST 10 registered campers!
- The BEST Topnotch Lacrosse Instruction; 10 to 1 Camper to Staff ratio
- 3 Divisions - Players Divided by Grade
- All Positions - All Levels of Play
- Position Specific Training
- Clean & Comfortable Dorm Rooms
- Xcelerate Nike Reversible Jersey & Lanyard
- Special Goalie instruction
- Xcelerate Nike Competition Prizes and Raffle on the last day of camp!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Alison Valerio
Alison Valerio (Niagara '10) enters her 11th year as the head women's lacrosse coach at Washington & Jefferson during the 2023-24 academic year.View Alison Valerio's Bio ⟩
The Presidents claimed their second-straight PAC title by defeating Grove City 13-5 on May 7. The conference title was the fourth in program history. W&J also made its third appearance in the NCAA Tournament. W&J won nine of its 10 matches versus PAC opponents by eight or more goals. Valerio earned her third conference coach of the year honor after guiding W&J to a 12-5 overall mark. Amanda Effland earned Second Team All-Boardwalk Region honors from the IWLCA. Nine Presidents were named All-PAC, which included First Team honorees, Effland, Sarah Labovitz, Sam Casile and Ella Phillips.
Valerio guided the Presidents to an impressive 10-1 record during the 2021 season. W&J rolled to an 18-3 victory over Thiel in the PAC Championship match on May 1 to earn the league's automatic berth to the NCAA Tournament. The Presidents advanced to the Sweet 16 round for the first time in school history before being eliminated by eventual National Champion Salisbury. Seven Presidents garnered All-PAC honors following the season. Sarah Labovitz (Offensive Player of the Year) and Kaitlyn Brown (Newcomer of the Year) joined Valerio (Coach of the Year) as PAC award winners. Both Labovitz and Amanda Effland received All-West Region status from the IWLCA.
The Presidents recorded a 9-8 overall mark with a 6-1 conference record in 2019. W&J advanced to the PAC Tournament Championship game, which marked the fourth straight season that the Red and Black have reached the conference tournament championship contest. A total of seven Presidents were named All-PAC at the conclusion of the season, which included five First Team selections. Rae LaRochelle was named All-PAC First Team and All-ECAC Second Team following a record breaking junior season. LaRochelle recorded program records for goals (71) and points (95) in 2019.
Valerio led the Presidents to a 13-4 overall record and an 8-1 mark in Ohio River Lacrosse Conference games. The season was highlighted by a seven-game winning streak that helped W&J advance to the conference championship game for a third straight season. Under her direction, the Presidents amassed seven All-ORLC selections, two All-ECAC honorees and two IWLCA All-West Region performers.
In 2018, Caroline Kallos wrapped up her decorated collegiate career by earning ORLC Defensive Player of the Year honors for a third straight season. Kallos also earned First Team honors from the ORLC, the ECAC and was named Second Team All-West Region. Allison Onslow joined Kallos on the All-ECAC team, while goalkeeper Sara Maute was named a First Team All-West Region by the IWLCA.
After starting the 2017 season at 1-4, the Presidents rattled off 12 wins in a row, including nine ORLC games, en route to back-to-back ORLC titles and an automatic bid into the NCAA Division III Championship. After getting a bye into the second round of the tournament, the Presidents fell to No. 13 Catholic to cap a 13-5 season.
The 2017 team was led by freshman and ORLC Newcomer of the Year Rae LaRochelle and junior and ORLC Defensive Player of the Year Caroline Kallos, the second straight year Kallos received the honor. LaRochelle led the Presidents in scoring with 80 points on the season and tied the single-season goals record (63) while Kallos tallied 77 points (56 goals, 21 assists).
In 2016, Valerio coached the Presidents to a 13-4 record and the first ORLC championship in program history. As a result, Valerio took home her first Coach of the Year award and saw seven Presidents players earn all-conference honors, including the Defensive Player of the Year, Caroline Kallos.
The 2015 Presidents posted a nine-win season, including 7-2 record in the newly-formed Ohio River Lacrosse Conference. W&J made it to the conference semifinals for the second-straight year under Valerio's guidance and had five players named All-ORLC, including Newcomer of the Year, Caroline Kallos.
In 2014, Valerio led the Presidents to a semifinal finish in the Presidents' Athletic Conference tournament.
Valerio was the Presidents’ assistant coach during the 2013 season. A 2010 graduate of Niagara University, Valerio also earned a master’s degree in education at the same school in 2012. Prior to her arrival in Washington, Valerio spent one season as the assistant women’s lacrosse coach at Niagara.
Since arriving in western Pennsylvania, Valerio has also worked as an associate club coach with the Pittsburgh Premier Lacrosse Club.
Valerio was a four-time Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference All-Academic Team honoree as a player at Niagara. A four-year letter winner, Valerio was an important part of the Purple Eagles' offense after playing in 54 of a possible 56 career games. Academically, she was a member of the Phi Alpha Theta and Pi Lambda Theta International honor societies.
She has worked numerous camps throughout her career, including the University of Virginia Fast Break Camp and the Nike Cup Camp at Syracuse University.
Coaches Xcelerate Girls Coaching Staff
College Coaches, High School Coaches, and College Lacrosse Players.
At Xcelerate Nike Lacrosse Camps, our goal is to bring out the very best in every player we coach. In doing so, we focus our energies on building confidence and improving skills through innovative drills, small-sided games, position-specific training, and team-driven competition. We encourage our campers to play hard, be creative, and have fun! At the end of the week, our campers leave with a higher lacrosse IQ, an enhanced skill set, new role models, new friends, and a true love of the game!
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: June 24-27
- Age Group: 10-18
- Gender: Girls
- Camp Type: Overnight, Extended Day (commuter)
- Check-In: Overnight Campers: Check-in Monday between 1:00-2:30pm at House 315. Extended Day Campers: Check-in Monday between 2:00-2:30pm at House 315.
- Check-out: Check-out between 11:00am-12:00pm at House 315.
- Extended Day Schedule: MON 2:00PM-8:45PM, TUE-WED 9:00AM-8:45PM, THURS 9:00AM-11:30AM **Times subject to change
- Meals: All meals are provided for Overnight campers. Lunch and dinner are provided for all Extended Day (commuter) campers.
- Program: At Xcelerate Nike Lacrosse Camps top level instruction will once again be offered to our campers from the best coaches and pros in lacrosse. From the beginner to the elite lacrosse player, our camps provide a challenge to every camper. The Skills program will provide campers with the fundamental skills, position-specific training, and in-game tactical knowledge needed to enhance their skills.
Washington & Jefferson College
315 E Chestnut St.
Washington, PA 15301
Click Here for Directions - You can park in the Lincoln lot which is next to house 315. Please do not park on the street.
Check-in Monday, June 24th
Overnight Campers: Check-in between 1:00-2:30pm at House 315. Extended Day Campers: Check-in between 2:00-2:30pm at House 315. Camp will begin with an orientation at 2:45pm, followed by our first field session and evening meal.
Check-out Thursday, June 27th
Check-out between 11:00am-12:00pm at House 315.
- Dorm: House 315
- Number of Campers Per Room: 2 per room
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be mutual and received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: Shared
- Linens: Not included. Bring linens or a sleeping bag, a pillow, a pillowcase, and a towel.
- Air Conditioning: Yes | No fan needed - dorms air-conditioned
The staff reside in the dormitories with the campers and participate in all activities. Drugs, alcohol, and tobacco are strictly prohibited and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning, afternoon, and evening training sessions
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
- Reversible Jersey & Prizes: Campers at multi-day camps will receive a Xcelerate Nike Lacrosse Camps Reversible Jersey and prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Please bring your protective goggles, mouthpiece, cleats, and lacrosse stick.
- Facility: Athletic Fields
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
Checklist of things to bring:
- Athletic Socks
- Personal Items
- Protective Goggles
- Lacrosse Stick
- Goalies Must Have Full Protective Equipment
- Water Bottle
- Extra Towels
- Pillow & Pillowcase
- Off-field clothes
- Spending money (we recommend $50 or so)
- No fan needed - dorms are air conditioned
- Twin XL Sheets/Blanket or Sleeping Bag
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
EXTENDED DAY CAMPERS
Checklist of Things to Bring: We recommend that all Extended Day Campers bring a daily pack with the following items: Along with your lacrosse equipment, we recommend that you bring a day pack with the following items: water bottle, weather-appropriate clothing, cleats, and walking shoes.
Camp Schedule & Meals:
- Monday: Check-in between 2:00pm-2:30pm at House 315. Camp will begin with an orientation at 2:45pm, followed by our first field session and evening meal. First Day pick up time and location will be provided at check-in.
- Tuesday & Wednesday: Drop off and pick up locations for extended day campers will be provided on the first day of camp. Lunch and dinner provided.
- Thursday: Last day drop off and pick up locations for extended day campers will be provided on the first day of camp. No meals provided.
- Daily Schedule: MON 2:00PM-8:45PM, TUE-WED 9:00AM-8:45PM, THURS 9:00AM-11:30AM **Times subject to change
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE LACROSSE CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our lacrosse camps please see our FAQ page.Show Less See More Camp Details
CAMP DATES: Monday, June 24th to Thursday, June 27th
Overnight and Extended Day Camp options available.
OVERNIGHT CAMP AMENITIES
• 3 nights lodging • All meals
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
EXTENDED DAY CAMP AMENITIES
• Lunch & Dinner
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
• Camp hours: MON 2:00PM-8:45PM, TUE-WED 9:00AM-8:45PM, THURS 9:00AM-11:30AM **Times subject to change
We have three sessions per day. A great deal of instruction takes place in the early part of the day, demonstrations and instruction mid-day, and games during the evening session. We also like to throw in a number of ‘fun’ activities like our fastest shot contest, freestyle/skills competition, swim time, rec time, and camper vs. coach game. Below is a template and subject to change.
We have 3 Divisions in our Overnight Camps. Each division will have coaches providing instruction to campers that correlates with that particular grade and level of play.
Grade based on 2024-2025 academic year:
- High School A & B Division - Entering grades 9-12 in the Fall of 2024
- Junior High Division - Entering grades 7-8 in the Fall of 2024
- Rising Stars Division - Entering grades 5-6 in the Fall of 2024
* At times we may have camps that are either smaller or larger in number which may lead us to adjust our divisions accordingly.
Campers have the opportunity to pre-order an Xcelerate Nike t-shirt in the camp registration process through May 1st. You will receive items purchased on the first day at camp check-in.
- Xcelerate Nike T-Shirt - Price: $35
- T-Shirt Sizes Available in Adult Small, Medium, Large and X-Large
**Campers are eligible for ONE Discount ONLY. Both the Individual and Goalie discounts are included in the current registration price. Once the discount dates have passed, the full price will be listed**
Individual Discount: $50 Early Bird discount available until February 28th. The price will increase on March 1st and then again on April 1st. The individual discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Goalie Discount: $50. Each of our camps has a position-specific coach, however, to ensure each session has enough goalies for drills and scrimmages, all goalies automatically qualify for a special price. The goalie discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Team Discount: Please reach out directly to the USSC office at 800-645-3226 for available discounts involving 10 or more teammates. The team discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Note: If qualified, you may choose ONLY ONE discount
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 AM Breakfast (Overnight Campers)
- 8:45 AM Extended Day Campers arrive
- 9:00 AM Station Work, Drills, Position Work
- Noon Lunch
- 12:30 PM Rest Hour, Camp Store, Swimming
- 2:00 PM Demonstrations, Position Work
- 3:00 PM Small Group Scrimmages, Team Play
- 5:00 PM Dinner
- 6:00 PM Team Instruction, Games
- 8:45 PM Extended Day Campers depart
- 9:00 PM Free Time, Camp Store
- 10:45 PM Lights Out!
Washington & Jefferson College
Nestled in a residential neighborhood in the center of Washington, Pennsylvania, the Washington & Jefferson College has a blend of historic and modern facilities, with more than 55 buildings on a 65-acre campus. All facilities are within easy walking distance of each other.
July 29, 2022: My daughter said that she learned things from this coaching staff that she wouldn't have learned at her level from her school coaches. She has a great deal of respect for the coaching staff, and their teaching ability. They motivated her to learn advanced plays that she is eager to improve on at home. The facility was clean, coaches were friendly, the head coach Alison Valerio was very organized and easy to communicate with. Great program, and we plan to do it again next year.
July 28, 2023: Molly loved everything. She felt the counselors really cared to help the girls improve their game. She enjoys the dorm life and fun games and activities that the staff included in their lessons.
July 29, 2022: Well organized events and meeting new friends in an overnight camp setting. Great coaches.
July 28, 2023: Having a specific goalie coach
July 28, 2023: Learning new lacrosse skills
July 28, 2023: Drills, workouts, food
July 28, 2023: The small-sided games
The best camp of the summer!
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.