Xcelerate Nike Michigan Boys Lacrosse DAY Camp at Hope College
2023 SUMMER CAMP REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
OUR 3RD YEAR AT HOPE!
We Love Camp! Summer is the time to have SOME FUN!
Register for camp today and you’ll be a part of something truly special. It’s a chance to improve all aspects of your lacrosse game in a fun-filled summer camp environment.
Join the 1,000s of lacrosse players that have come before you and see and feel what it’s like to learn from some of the best ‘teaching’ coaches in the game today.
Xcelerate’s coaching staff will provide a positive and rewarding environment, giving campers the tools to reach their full potential. Confidence-building drills, skill-driven reps, and competitive games await every camper.
It’s time to GET BETTER! It’s time to have SOME FUN!
Register for our Hope College Camp Today!
We Love Giveaways! Be one of the FIRST 20 to register for camp and receive a FREE NIKE LACROSSE HEAD on the first day of camp!
- Free NIKE Lacrosse Head given to the FIRST 20 registered campers!
- 10 to 1 Camper to Coach ratio
- 3 Divisions - Players Divided by Grade
- All Positions - All Levels of Play
- Position Specific Training
- Nike Reversible Practice Jersey
- Special Goalie instruction
- Competition Prizes and Raffle on the last day of camp!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Pablo Peschiera
Directing camp this summer is Hope College Assistant Coach, Pablo Peschiera!View Pablo Peschiera's Bio ⟩
Dr. Pablo Peschiera has been a lacrosse player, coach, official, and camp director. His playing career began with the Kalamazoo Blackhawks Lacrosse Club before he attended Hope College, where he played lacrosse for two Hope College league championship teams, and was elected president of the club. While earning his master’s degrees, he played for Western Michigan University’s Lacrosse Club, and the Grand Rapids Lacrosse Club. After completing his Ph.D. in Houston, Texas, he returned to Michigan to play for many years for the West Michigan Blue Dragons Lacrosse Club. He enjoys the camaraderie and creative teamwork of lacrosse and started for all his teams as a close defender.
As a coach, Peschiera served as the defensive coordinator for the men’s varsity program at East Grand Rapids High School under Mike Schanhals (Head Coach of men’s varsity at Hope College), where he helped the Pioneers win their program's first state championship in 1993. In 1994 East Grand Rapids went 14-0 to complete its only undefeated season, and to finish with another state championship.
In 2006 and 2008, while an assistant professor at The University of Wisconsin—Stevens Point, Coach Peschiera served as the assistant coach of the UWSP Men’s Lacrosse Club.
In 2008, Hope College hired Peschiera as a professor in the English Department. Since then, he’s assisted in several coaching, advising, and supporting roles for the Hope College Men’s lacrosse team. He served as Assistant Coach when Hope competed in the Men's Collegiate Lacrosse Association (MCLA) as a part of the Central Collegiate Lacrosse Association. The Flying Dutchmen were the Central Division Champs in 2010.
In 2018 and 2019, Coach Peschiera served as the head coach of the U 12 boys team at West Side Lacrosse.
Peschiera assisted the Flying Dutchmen’s varsity program to two NCAA Division III Tournament appearances, three regular-season MIAA titles and double-digit wins five times, including a team-record 15 wins in both 2022 and 2018. In 2019 Hope College won its first NCAA Division III Tournament victory with a 22-17 win in the first round at Illinois Wesleyan University.
Peschiera completed his Doctorate of Philosophy from the University of Houston in 2005. He earned Masters degrees in both creative writing and English Language and Literature/Letters, from Western Michigan University in 1998. and received his bachelor's degree in English Language and Literature/Letters from Hope College. He has published over 100 poems, book reviews, interviews, and translations from Spanish, and has served as Interim Chair of the English Department at Hope College.
Coaches Xcelerate Boys Coaching Staff
College Coaches, High School Coaches, and College Lacrosse Players.
At Xcelerate Nike Lacrosse Camps, our goal is to bring out the very best in every player we coach. In doing so, we focus our energies on building confidence and improving skills through innovative drills, small-sided games, position-specific training, and team-driven competition. We encourage our campers to play hard, be creative, and have fun! At the end of the week, our campers leave with a higher lacrosse IQ, an enhanced skill set, new role models, new friends, and a true love of the game!
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: July 31-August 3
- Age Group: 10-18
- Gender: Boys
- Camp Type: Day Camp
- Schedule: 9:00am-3:00pm, Monday-Thursday
- Check-In: 8:30am at Van Andel Soccer Stadium.
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided. Please bring a packed lunch.
- Program: At Xcelerate Nike Lacrosse Camps top level instruction will once again be offered to our campers from the best coaches and pros in lacrosse. From the beginner to the elite lacrosse player, our camps provide a challenge to every camper. The Skills program will provide campers with the fundamental skills, position-specific training, and in-game tactical knowledge needed to enhance their skills.
Van Andel Soccer Stadium
225 Fairbanks Ave
Holland, Michigan 49423
Click Here for Directions
Monday, July 31st to Thursday, August 3rd
- Check in Day 1: 8:30am at Van Andel Soccer Stadium
- Check in Day 2, 3 & 4: 9:00am at Van Andel Soccer Stadium
- Check out: 3:00pm at Van Andel Soccer Stadium
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning and afternoon training sessions
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Reversible Jersey & Prizes: Campers will receive a Xcelerate Nike Lacrosse Reversible Jersey and prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Please bring your helmet, mouthpiece, cleats, lacrosse stick, gloves, and pads.
- Facility: Van Andel Soccer Stadium
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Health & Release Forms (Online)
- Cleats or Turf Shoes
- Helmet and Mouthpiece
- Lacrosse Stick, Gloves & Pads
- Goalies Must Have Full Protective Equipment
- Water Bottle
- Please Bring a Healthy Lunch and Snack Each Day
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE LACROSSE CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our lacrosse camps please see our FAQ page.Show Less See More Camp Details
CAMP DATES: MONDAY, JULY 31ST - THURSDAY, AUGUST 3RD
Day Camp (9:00AM to 3:00PM)
CAMP LOCATION: Hope College
- Monday: Check-in between 8:30am-9:00am. Pick up time is 3:00pm.
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: Drop off at 9:00am. Pick up is 3:00pm.
- Daily Schedule: Day Camp (9:00am to 3:00pm)
- Please Note: Bring Lunch and a filled Water Bottle to Camp each day - Lunch is NOT provided.
We have 2 sessions per day. A great deal of instruction takes place in the early part of the day, demonstrations and instruction mid-day, and games during the afternoon session. We also like to throw in a number of ‘fun’ activities throughout the week including our fastest shot contest and freestyle/skills competition.
We have 3 Divisions in our Day Camps. Each division will have coaches providing instruction to campers that correlates with that particular grade and level of play.
Grade based on 2023-2024 academic year:
- High School Division - Entering grades 9-12 in the Fall of 2023
- Junior High Division - Entering grades 7-8 in the Fall of 2023
- Rising Stars Division - Entering grades 5-6 in the Fall of 2023
* At times we may have camps that are either smaller or larger in number which may lead us to adjust our divisions accordingly.
Campers have the opportunity to pre-order an Xcelerate Nike t-shirt in the camp registration process through May 1st. You will receive items purchased on the first day at camp check-in.
- Xcelerate Nike T-Shirt - Price: $35
- T-Shirt Sizes Available in Adult Small, Medium, Large and X-Large
**Campers are eligible for ONE Discount ONLY. Both the Individual and Goalie discounts are included in the current registration price. Once the discount dates have passed, the full price will be listed**
Individual Discount: $50 Early Bird discount available until February 28th. The price will increase on March 1st and then again on April 1st. The individual discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Goalie Discount: $50. Each of our camps has a position-specific coach, however, to ensure each session has enough goalies for drills and scrimmages, all goalies automatically qualify for a special price. The goalie discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Team Discount: Please reach out directly to the USSC office at 800-645-3226 for available discounts involving 10 or more teammates. The team discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Note: If qualified, you may choose ONLY ONE discount
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:45 AM Campers Arrive
- 9:00 AM Station Work, Drills, Position Work
- Noon Lunch
- 1:00 PM Small Group Scrimmages, Team Play
- 2:00 PM Team Instruction, Games
- 3:00 PM Campers depart
Campers train each day on the Hope College Campus at the Van Andel Soccer Stadium. Hope’s campus is nestled in the heart of downtown Holland, just miles from Lake Michigan.
Encouraged by the end of camp report!
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.