March 15, 2018
Presented by Christian Thompson, Co-Director
University of Denver Nike Tennis Camp
Getting to Know University of Denver's Head Women's Tennis Coach Christian Thompson
Getting to know University of Denver Nike Tennis Camp Director Christian Thompson...
1) How long have you been running camps? I have been running Nike Tennis Camps for 6 years now.
2) Favorite Camp Activity? My favorite camp activities are the daily demos. It is rewarding to watch the campers get excited about learning new skills!
3) Favorite Drill? We teach a wide variety of singles and doubles drills. My favorite drill is the “shifting drill” for doubles. Most campers love to play doubles and it is important for them to learn correct positioning.
4) Why do you love running camps? I love teaching camp! I am the current Women’s Tennis Coach at the University of Denver and my passion is coaching tennis. I enjoy sharing my knowledge of the game as well as growing the sport. I want to continue seeing young kids interested in learning and playing the game of tennis.
5) What makes DU unique? The University of Denver is a great location to run a Nike Tennis Camp. Our Stapleton Tennis Center is located right in the heart of campus with a beautiful mountain view. Our staff is top-notch and we offer an superb lunch buffet in the dining hall for the campers.
6) What’s in your tennis bag? Three tennis rackets, one can of “high altitude” tennis balls and one can of “regular” tennis balls, a package of grips, chapstick, a smiley-face dampner, a rain coat for unpredictable weather, sunscreen, a water bottle, a stretch band, and a pair of Nike Tennis shoes (the best).
Nike Tennis Camps is proud to have coaches such as Thompson run our camps. It is this kind of enthusiasm and experience that separate Nike Tennis Camps from any other camp program in the world.