Nike Adult Pickleball Camp in Cottonwood Heights
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Pickleball Camps
The Nike Adult Pickleball Camp in Cottonwood Heights is hosted at Butler Park. This camp is the perfect location for players to learn and improve their skills in one of the fastest growing sports in America! The 31-acre park offers a beautiful setting to improve your game.
This adult pickleball camp is a 2-day clinic designed to address your specific needs, increase your knowledge of the game and help you improve in a fun and friendly environment.
- Instruction from Peter Matus and his expert staff
- 7 hours of court time
- Grips, stroke development, strategy, etiquette and more!
- Groupings for all skill levels
- Low camper to staff ratio
- Drills that focus on proper repetitiveness for skill enhancement
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Peter Matus
Peter's pickleball prowess started on the tennis court being awarded a full athletic scholarship at a NCAA D1 program and winning the Big East Conference his freshman year.View Peter's Bio ⟩
After graduating summa cum laude and earning his MBA, Peter sold his analytics software company several years ago, stepped on a pickleball court in Newport Beach and never looked back.
Peter has been coaching pickleball throughout the west and more recently in Salt Lake City where his programs have long waiting lists from 4-144. He has designed all inclusive programs for families, socials, kids (pickle pirates™), seniors (fried pickles™) and pickle cardio™ (burning over 500 calories per hour) to help foster and grow our community environment. And for those interested in competing further, Peter will be forming several pickleball leagues that will compete in Las Vegas and Indian Wells (home of the BNP Paribas Tennis Open) starting as early as this fall.
2023 CAMP DATES
- June 19-10
- July 7-8
- August 4-5
"Advanced Beginner" and "Intermediate" skill levels
We offer fun weekends of Adult Day Camp (Friday-Sunday) for players ages 18+ of all skill levels. Camp includes 8 hours of pickleball instruction and offers programs for advanced beginner and intermediate level players.
Camp is geared towards adult players of all levels. Upon arrival all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the weekend.
- Small groups of players with similar skill levels
- 3rd shot drop: drop vs. drive
- No Man's Land: 5th shot, defense and transitioning to offense
- Volleys: block vs attack
- Doubles strategy
- 5:00pm: Check-in at the Pickleball Courts
- 5:00pm - 8:00pm: Pickleball evaluation, drills and game play
- 9:00am - 11:30am: Pickleball instruction
- 11:30am - 12:30pm: Break for lunch
- 12:30pm - 2:00pm: Team game play
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Welcome Package: All campers receive a Nike Pickleball Camps t-shirt
- Instruction: 7 hours of court time including instruction and match play
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT, & FACILITY
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience
- Equipment Needed: All campers must bring a pickleball paddle, athletic shoes and a water bottle
- Facility: Butler Park's 3 outdoor pickleball courts
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital
Book early for the best room rates! These are Day Camps and only and run during the hours listed above. The camp tuition DOES NOT include housing. Campers are required to provide their own overnight accommodations.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
Athletic, on-court pickleball clothing
Comfortable court shoes (no running shoes)
Sweatshirt/warm-up jacket and pants
Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE PICKLEBALL CAMP FAQFor general questions about our pickleball camps please see our FAQ page
Camp Code: PBADWT
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.