Nike Girls Soccer Camp University of Mary Washington
Get Better this Summer at Mary Washington!
Learn from the best and train like a collegiate soccer player this summer in Fredericksburg, VA. UMW's head women's soccer coach, Scott Gersney, has developed a unique curriculum that inspires girl soccer players to push their limits and take their game to the next level. A fun, yet competitive, environment creates the perfect balance for players to enjoy camp alongside this experienced collegiate coaching staff. This opportunity allows players to gain valuable knowledge to improve as soccer players, while creating bonds that last a lifetime!
- Players are grouped by age and ability
- Team play, skill development, games and tournaments
- Nike Soccer Camp T-shirt
- Camper Player Cards
- View More Details ⟩
Head Coach Scott Gerseny
Scott Gerseny is in his fourth season as the head coach of the women's soccer program at the University of Mary Washington, coming off an NCAA Tournament appearance and CAC title in his first season, and a return trip to the conference championship match in 2022.View Scott's Bio ⟩
Prior to coming to UMW, Gerseny guided Washington and Jefferson to a 9-9-2 overall record in 2018, which included a 6-2 mark in Pennsylvania Athletic Conference games in 2018. In just his first season, Gerseny directed the Presidents to a PAC Tournament berth and a bid into the ECAC Tournament.
"The University of Mary Washington is a fantastic school and offers a great experience to student-athletes", said Gerseny. "The women's soccer team has an incredible history and tradition that I will try to build upon. By stressing character, hard work and leadership I know we will do great things in the future."
A long time NCAA Division I assistant, Gerseny arrived at Washington and Jefferson after most recently serving as the associate head coach at James Madison University. He started at JMU in 2012 as the assistant coach and recruiting coordinator for the Dukes before being elevated to associate head coach in 2015. Prior to JMU, he had stops at Towson and Eastern Kentucky.
While at James Madison, Gerseny helped lead the Dukes to the fourth Colonial Athletic Association title for the program and the school's 11th NCAA Tournament in 2015. Over his six seasons in Harrisonburg, Va., JMU recorded a 66-52-3 overall record, including improving from 7-11 to 15-5-1 after his first season. The Dukes appeared in five-straight CAA Tournaments and made it to the championship game twice. Individually, 26 student-athletes earned all-conference recognition, highlighted by the 2016 CAA Player of the Year, 2013 and 2016 CAA Freshmen of the Year and the 2013 CAA Defensive Player of the Year. Also, Sam Lofton became the first JMU player drafted by the National Women's Soccer League when chosen by the Boston Breakers in 2015. Additionally, Gerseny coordinated the Dukes' academic program, and the team boasted a GPA above 3.0 every year.
He spent 2008-11 at Towson where he ascended to associate head coach for the Tigers in August 2011. Prior to joining Towson's program, Gerseny was an assistant coach and recruiting coordinator at Eastern Kentucky from 2005-08.
At Towson, Gerseny coached the Tigers first all-region player and eight all-CAA players, the most in any four-year span in the program's history. He also coached five all-Ohio Valley Conference players at Eastern Kentucky.
Gerseny is a 2005 graduate of the University of Florida with a degree in sport management and earned his master's in sport administration from Eastern Kentucky in 2006. While at Florida, he was an intern on the Gators' women's soccer coaching staff. He has ties to NCAA Division III, having played soccer at Ohio Wesleyan University in 2001 before transferring to Florida.
He has also coached the Baltimore Bays Under-16 club team, which won the 2010 Maryland State Cup.
Gerseny holds a USSF "A" coaching license and a regional goalkeeping diploma from the National Soccer Coaches Association of America (now United Soccer Coaches). He and his wife, Leana, have a young son, Brooks.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
University of Mary Washington Soccer Camp is directed and staffed by the UMW Women's soccer coaching staff. It is the only All Girls Camp in the state of Virginia. Coach Scott Gerseny uses drills aimed at improving technique, team play, and conditioning. This camp is an ID camp for elite club players who have aspirations of playing in college.
Camp Dates: June 18-20, 2023
Options: Overnight & Extended Day (Commuters)
- Ages: All Skills 8-13 & Advanced 14-18
- Gender: Girls
- First Day Check-in: 9:30am
- Last Day Check-out: Camp Finale takes place at 3:00pm on Day 3. Parents are invited to attend. Check-out will take place immediately after.
- Extended Day (Commuter) Schedule: Day 1: 9:00am-9:00pm*, Day 2: 9:00am-9:00pm*, Day 3: 9:00am-3:00pm*
- Meals: All meals are provided for Overnight campers. Lunch and dinner are provided for Extended Day (commuter) campers.
- Location: UMW Grass Field Stadium
*Check-in starts 15 minutes before camp start time
This program is geared toward Player Development & High-Performance campers. Players will work on mastering the proper fundamentals, techniques and advancing their overall skills and knowledge of the game. A great opportunity for players to learn through a mix of drills, games, and competitive play. With a number of different camp options for all to enjoy!
Player Development is for campers of all skill levels. These camps are designed to maximize player participation and ensure each camper develops in all aspects of the game in a fun and engaging environment. Coaches will implement a wide range of technical, physical, and tactical activities with a focus on fun so campers get to improve with a smile on their faces.
High Performance is for campers looking to improve their game in a fun and fast-paced environment. These camps are designed so players leave the camp week more prepared for their club and high school seasons. Experienced coaches will provide campers with a fresh perspective and challenge them to develop technical, tactical, physical, and psychological aspects of their game through a progressive curriculum.
*NOTE: If you believe your camper should be in a different skill level than the age requirement listed, please add a note at check-out and mention it to the camp director on day 1.
The information below is based on previous years and is subject to change each year.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist.
All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
The information below is based on previous years and is subject to change each year. Final housing information for this camp will be provided in the Information Packet, emailed to all campers closer to the camp’s start date.
- Number of Campers Per Room: TBD
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be mutual, If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Linens: Not provided. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase and a towel
- Air Conditioning: Please refer to the Camper Registration Packet. A/C availability depends on our specific dorm assignment
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Training from the University of Mary Washington coaching staff
- Day campers: All meals are provided for Overnight campers. Lunch and dinner are provided for Extended Day (commuter) campers.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in rooms strategically placed throughout the dorm to provide optimal supervision and participate in all activities
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive a Nike Soccer Camps t-shirt and prizes
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT, & FACILITY
- Ratio: Low camper to coach ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience
- Equipment Needed: All campers must bring soccer cleats, shin guards, athletic shoes, and a water bottle. A further list of 'recommended items' will be in the Information Packet.
- Facility: UMW Grass Field Stadium
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING:
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic clothing (1-2 pairs/day)
- Soccer Cleats (no metal studs)
- Shin guards
- Water bottle
- Comfortable off-court clothing (pants/shorts, shirts, sweatshirts, 1 pair/day)
- Undergarments (1-2 pair/day)
- Swimsuit and beach towel
- Flip flops
- Laundry bag
- Toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, bodywash, facewash, hairbrush, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, etc.)
- Personal items & medications
- Eye mask, ear plugs (optional)
- Washcloth and bath towel
- Alarm clock
- Fan (optional)
- Bed sheets
- Comforter or sleeping bag
- Pillow and pillowcase
- Athletic clothing
- Soccer Cleats (no metal studs)
- Shin guards
- Water bottle
- Small gym bag/backpack
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
Nike Soccer Camp Balls can be purchased during registration. Players can choose between a size 4 or size 5 ball, which will be passed out on the first day of camp. Please note that it is not required to bring a soccer ball to camp as they are provided by the staff for camp instruction.
If you have a group of 4 or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a $25 discount. If you have a group of 8 or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a $30 discount. Please fill out the Team Discount - Soccer form with the name of your group and the names of each camper enrolling in the camp and we will create a unique discount code for your group.
Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE SOCCER CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our soccer camps please see our FAQ page.
***Camps are open to any and all entrants. Enrollment in our camps is limited only by age, gender, and capacity restrictions as specified by each camp.
The grass stadium at the Battleground has been host to two NCAA soccer championships, and is home to the Eagle men's and women's soccer teams, as well as UMW lacrosse. Adjacent to the 1,000-seat stadium is a full practice Bermuda grass field, which perfectly replicates the competition field.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.