Nike Soccer Camp with Beestera Soccer Training - Niskayuna
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Soccer Camps
Join us this summer as Nike Soccer Camps team up with Beestera Soccer Training to offer a fantastic week of camp at Niskayuna Soccer Park in Niskayuna, NY. Team up with the experienced Beestera coaching staff for the ultimate soccer training camp!
Using a unique coaching model, the curriculum focuses on the development of the whole person. Every camper will be challenged mentally, physically, and emotionally with the goal of increasing each campers' tactical knowledge, technical ability, and enthusiasm for the game. Get the full camp experience and have fun while building the core fundamentals integrated within Nike Soccer Camps. Make friends and create memories with our team that will last a lifetime!
- Coaching from Beestera Soccer Training staff
- Unique & structured curriculum
- 10 to 1 camper to coach ratio
- Nike Soccer Camp T-shirt & camp prizes
- Elite technical training & game knowledge development
- Position specific training
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Mike Matera
Mike co-founded Beestera Soccer Training in 2015 after graduating from Siena College. Growing up in Trumbull, Connecticut, Mike played at Beachside Academy for six years before being recruited by Siena. At Siena, Mike earned All-Rookie and All-Tournament Team honors while captaining the team...View Mike's Bio ⟩
Mike briefly played professionally for the Western Mass Professional Soccer team in 2014 before turning his attention to the coaching aspect of the game. With a passion for soccer and teaching, Mike began his coaching career by assisting The College of Saint Rose Men's Soccer team and Premier Development Club Reading United AC, winning the 2016 Mid-Atlantic Championship.
From 2017-2019, Mike was the Graduate Assistant Coach at Springfield College in Massachusetts while pursuing his master's degree in Physical Education. Whilst at Springfield, the team won the NEWMAC Conference championship in 2018, and played in the first-round of the NCAA Tournament.
Mike moved back to Albany in June 2019, to work full-time for Beestera.
Coach Josh Binfield
Josh joined Beestera in March 2019. Born and raised in Essex, England until he was eight years old, he moved to Vancouver, Canada for seven years before graduating high school in Buffalo, NY. After high school, Josh attended IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fl. From there he was recruited to play for Manhattan College at the NCAA Division I level. In his Junior year, Josh joined the Manhattan College coaching staff as a player-coach while earning All-MAAC academic honors...View Josh's Bio ⟩
After Manhattan, Josh completed his Master’s Degree in Athletic Administration at the prestigious sporting institute Springfield College. While at Springfield, he conducted research and completed his thesis: “Enhancing Participation and Retention of Female Soccer Players from Low-income, Urban Areas”.
Josh holds a USSF C Coaching License and brings seven years of coaching experience working with both Storm Academy (New York, NY) and GPS Albany.
Josh is currently a Physical Education teacher and Girls Varsity Soccer Coach at Albany High School.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
Beestera coaching staff pride themselves on building confidence, technically proficient players with the ability to make quick, well-informed decisions at match-tempo. Developing players' mental and physical capacity by providing the tools needed to reach their potential, and translating their love for the game with passion and dedication in their applied training methods.
- August 14-18, 2023 (Mon-Fri)
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 5-15 | Nike Kids Soccer (Ages 3-5)
- Options: Full Day, Half Day & Extended Care
- Specialized Goalkeeper Training: During select weeks, we'll be offering Specialized Goalkeeper Training from 9-11 am, after that the goalkeepers will integrate with rest of camp and play in goal for scrimmages.
- Beestera Kids Soccer: Beestera will be hosting summer camps for children 3-5 years old. These camps focus on early childhood development, both physical and social, through the fun of soccer. (See more details below)
- Half-Day Camp Hours: 9:00am-12:00pm*
- Day Camp Hours: 9:00am-3:00pm*
- Extended Care: 8:00-9:00am and 3:00-4:00pm extended care options available
- Meals: Lunch is NOT provided. Please bring a packed lunch.
- Location: Niskayuna Soccer Park
*Check-in begins 15 minutes before the start of camp
Goals of Camp: At Beestera Camps we pride ourselves on the holistic development of each camper. Campers will be challenged physically, cognitively, emotionally and socially in order to give them the most authentic experience possible.
- Physical: Campers will become more competent and consistent in their technical soccer skills in areas such as dribbling, passing, and shooting by the end of the week.
- Cognitive: Campers will become more “soccer literate” and be able to interpret various tactical situations in-game settings more efficiently.
- Emotional: Campers will learn and demonstrate multiple ways to control their emotions while showing qualities such as resilience and perseverance in all activities which will result in higher self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Social: Campers will learn to respectfully communicate with others while accepting their culture and individual differences through the use of our sport education curriculum model.
BEESTERA KIDS SOCCER
Beestera will be hosting summer camps for children 3-5 years old. These camps focus on early childhood development, both physical and social, through the fun of soccer. Each day will be centered around a combination of sport, social-emotional, and gross motor skills through innovative games. Beestera staff’s experience in childhood development helps keep players engaged while obtaining and practicing skills needed on the field and in everyday life.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist.
All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Training from the Beestera coaching staff
- Day campers: Lunch is not provided. Please bring a packed lunch.
- Supervision: Staff members are strategically placed throughout the camp to provide optimal supervision and participate in all activities
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive a Nike Soccer Camps t-shirt and prizes
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT, & FACILITY
- Ratio: Low camper to coach ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience
- Equipment Needed: All campers must bring soccer cleats, shin guards, athletic shoes, and a water bottle.
- Facility: Niskayuna Soccer Park
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING:
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic clothing
- Soccer Cleats (no metal studs)
- Shin guards
- Water bottle
- Packed lunch and snacks
- Small gym bag/backpack
Nike Soccer Camp Balls can be purchased during registration. Players can choose between a size 4 or size 5 ball, which will be passed out on the first day of camp. Please note that it is not required to bring a soccer ball to camp as they are provided by the staff for camp instruction.
If you have a group of 4 or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a $25 discount. If you have a group of 8 or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a $30 discount. Please fill out the Team Discount - Soccer form with the name of your group and the names of each camper enrolling in the camp and we will create a unique discount code for your group.
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE SOCCER CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our soccer camps please see our FAQ page.
***Camps are open to any and all entrants. Enrollment in our camps is limited only by age, gender, and capacity restrictions as specified by each camp.
WANT MORE DETAILS?
Click the orange button below to view program descriptions, schedules and moreShow Less See More Camp Details
Soccer Camp Sample Schedule
- 8:45-9:00am Check- in
- 9:00-9:10am Camp introduction & Phrase of the day
- 9:10-10:30am Technical development based on the topic of the day
- 10:30am-11:00am Snack break & Coach challenges
- 11:00am-12:00pm World Cup Tournament Games
- 12:00pm-12:45pm Lunch
- 12:45pm-1:00pm Life talk with Coaches
- 1:00pm-2:00pm Position specific training realted to topic of the day
- 2:00pm-2:20pm Snack break/ Coach challenges
- 2:20pm-3:00pm Full sided games
- 3:00pm-3:15pm Camp debrief & camper pick-up. Extended care campers stay until 4:00pm.
Kids Soccer Sample Schedule
- 9:00-9:10am Morning talk and “topic of the day” discussion
- 9:10-9:30am Fun games incorporating “topic of the day”
- 9:30-9:55am Skills development
- 9:55-10:10am Snack Break
- 10:10-10:30am Challenge of the Day
- 10:30-10:50am Water Play
- 10:50-11:05am Snack Break
- 11:05-11:25am Fun games incorporating “topic of the day”
- 11:25-12:00pm Small-sided soccer scrimmage
- 12:00pm Campers are dismissed
August 3, 2022: My son said he loved everything about camp. I have to say a highlight for me was how the kids were greeted and how friendly coach Blake was and the rest of his crew!
July 30, 2022: I sent 2 kids here and they were happy at pick up each day! I loved the character development integrated I. Each days focus.
July 10, 2023: My son LOVED going and has been asking everyday since when he can go again. The coaches looked after him and he felt seen.
July 30, 2023: My son had a great time and improved his soccer skills. Small groups which made for a more personalized experience.
July 2, 2022: The staff at Beestera is EXCEPTIONAL! There is no better. My son won the positivity award and I was super proud!
July 30, 2022: The directors Mike and Blake did a good job to organize the camp. The coaches are friendly as well.
July 2, 2022: The whole child approach and particularly the mentality that a player should have!
August 20, 2022: Christian learned a lot of skills and learned a lot about being a team player
July 2, 2022: The goalie training was excellent and the camp director is fantastic.
August 22, 2022: The final day that culminated their training into a mini tournament
August 19, 2023: Coaches tailoring coaching to kids at different levels, awards and the world cup they hold at the end made it very exciting
August 20, 2023: Meeting like minded peers. The campers all built each other up as they developed their skill
It was great learning and honing my skills
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.