Nike Softball Camp Menlo College
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Softball Camps
At the Menlo College Nike Softball Camp players have the opportunity to take their game to the next level. Under the guidance of an elite coaching staff, our goal is to stimulate the passion for softball in young players, provide them time to work on their offensive and defensive skills, improve their technique, and have a blast while doing it!
- Professional instruction from college coaches and college-aged instructors
- Excellent residential, dining and training facilities
- Low camper to instructor ratio
- Daily emphasis on fundamental development, team play and more
- Official Nike Camp t-shirt and prizes!
- Nike Softball Camp Graduation Certificate
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Christen Thompson
Christen Thompson returns as the head coach for Menlo Softball for her second season in 2018. Thompson has a plethora of experience as a coach, educator and athlete.View Christen's Bio ⟩
During her first season, she led the Oaks to a 31-18 record, the most wins in a single-season in program history. This helped the Oaks clinch their second GSAC playoff berth in as many season, one of three Menlo programs to make the GSAC playoffs in its first two seasons. Several Oaks took home post-season awards under her tutelage, with four players making the All-GSAC team, five GSAC and Daktronics Scholar-Athletes, and one Cliff Hamlow Champion of Character award, the first in team history.
While at San Jose State prior to Menlo, Thompson helped the team to a WAC championship in 2013 – its first in program history – and was a part of its 137-88 record during a four year span. She was twice named the SJSU Assistant Coach of the Year in 2011 and 2012 and claimed Academic Assistant Coach of the Year honors in 2015.
Thompson spent her playing career as an accomplished catcher at Humboldt State where she helped the team to a Division II National Championship in 1999. As a catcher for the Lumberjacks, she received all-region honors from the National Fastpitch Coaches Association in 2001 and would be inducted into the Humboldt State Athletics Hall of Fame in 2009.
A standout in the classroom as well, Thompson graduated Summa Cum Laude in 2004 with a dual Bachelor of Science degree in environmental science and Geology with a minor in Watershed Management. She was a four-time NFCA All-American Scholar Athlete and a three-time Pac-West Academic All-Conference selection. Thompson continued her education in Dec. 2014 when she earned a Masters in Kinesiology from Texas Women's University with National Fastpitch Coaches College graduating with a 4.0 GPA. Her previous professional and coaching experiences include: four years of teaching at both the high school and junior high level, a pair of seasons as an assistant softball coach at Delta College and College of the Redwoods and serving as an instructor at a number of camps and clinics.
This camp is for softball players of all abilities ages 8-18. Instruction will focus primarily on hitting, specific position fielding, base-running, and game situations. In addition, pitchers will have the opportunity to work with pitching instructors. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2019 Camp Dates
- July 15-17 (Monday-Wednesday)
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2019 SESSION SCHEDULE
CAMP DATES: JULY 15-17 (MON-WED)
- Check-in: Overnight campers 12:00 p.m. and Day campers 12:30 p.m. on Monday. See registration packet for specific location.
- Check-out: 12:00 p.m. on Wednesday.
- Day Camper Schedule: Monday: 12:30-9:00 p.m., Tuesday: 9:00-4:00 p.m., Wednesday: 9:00-12:00 p.m.
What's included in the fee?
- Daily softball instruction
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Day campers: Lunch will be provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in rooms strategically placed throughout the dorm to provide optimal supervision, and participate in all activities.
- Camp T-shirt & Nike Lanyard: All campers receive a Nike Softball Camp t-shirt and Nike Lanyard.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Low camper to coach ratio
- Players Grouped by: age and ability
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own glove, cleats, bat and a helmet and wear softball attire (softball pants recommended)
- Facility: Outdoor Fields.
- Medical Protocol: In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
- Dorm: See registration packet for specific on-campus dorm.
- Campers Per Room: 2 (unless otherwise noted in registration packet)
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Linens: Not included. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase, and a towel.
- Air Conditioning: No, campers are encouraged to bring a fan.
Nike Softball Camps does not provide transportation from airports, train stations or bus depots. If you have a child flying to camp, please arrange a shuttle or taxi service.
If you have a group of campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Sample Daily Schedule
- Full Day Tuesday Sample Schedule
- 7:00 a.m. Wake Up/Shower
- 7:15 a.m. Breakfast (overnight campers)
- 8:45 a.m. Camp Assembly - Day campers arrive
- 9:00 a.m. Circuit Training/Station Work
- 11:00 a.m. Games/Contests
- 11:30 a.m. Break for Lunch
- 1:15 p.m. Warm Up/Camp Assembly
- 2:15 p.m. Position Work
- 3:15 p.m. Team Organization
- 4:00 p.m. Day Campers Depart
- 5:00 p.m. Dinner
- 6:15 p.m. Warm Up/Stretch
- 6:30 p.m. Swim Break/Evening Activites
- 10:00 p.m. In Dorms
- 10:30 p.m. Lights Out
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
She learned new skills!
August 03, 2018: Our daughter enjoyed learning how to slide correctly and make new friends. She had a great time.
— Elizabeth S. Parent
We will be back next year.
August 02, 2018: The players worked on a variety of softball skills, the player to coach ratio made it easier to focus on individual campers. Marisa attended multiple softball camps this summer and she rated this one #1!.
— Christina C. Parent
We loved every minute of the camp.
August 02, 2018: My daughter enjoyed all her time at the camp and absorbed all the new info and skills she learned. She is already asking to attend the next one.
— Michelle V. Parent
August 02, 2018: This was a great program, will be back next year.
— Stan R. Parent
Learned new drills!
August 02, 2018: She was able to learn 2 catcher drills and a new base running skill!
— Georgia H. Parent