Nike Softball Camp Oklahoma Christian University
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Softball Camps
Nike Softball Camps is excited to return to Oklahoma Christian University! This Nike Camp will motivate softball players to reach the highest potential possible while learning the correct fundamentals of hitting, fielding and overall gameplay!
This Nike Softball Camp at Oklahoma Christian University will be directed by a veteran Nike Softball Camp director, Amber Conner. Conner's camp at the University of Dallas in Texas is a camper favorite! She looks forward to being able to provide campers in Oklahoma a great experience!
- Professional instruction from college coaches and college-aged instructors
- Excellent residential, dining and training facilities
- Low camper to instructor ratio
- Daily emphasis on fundamental development, team play and more
- Official Nike Softball Camp T-Shirt and prizes!
- Nike Softball Camp Graduation Certificate
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Amber Conner
Coach Conner began her coaching career in 2002 as a Graduate Assistant at Oklahoma Christian University.View Amber Conner's Bio ⟩
The former Nimitz graduate and collegiate All-American was the head coach at the University of Dallas for three seasons. In 2003, she joined the University of North Texas coaching staff as the pitching and outfield coach. In 2005 Coach, Conner took over head coaching duties for Decatur High School in Decatur, Texas. Coach Conner also coaches the 18U Shadows, a select softball team out of Flower Mound, Texas.
An All-State selection two years running, Coach Conner was a member of the Texas State University (formerly Southwest Texas State) softball program where she was selected a 1998 All-American. Coach Conner led the Bobcats to Regionals as a freshman in 1998. Posting 24 wins, she was ranked as one of the top 15 collegiate pitchers for the year. Coach Conner was named the Southland Conference Tournament Most Valuable Player in 1999 and continues to hold several school records in both pitching and hitting.
Following her coach to New Mexico State University after her freshman year, Coach Conner continued to excel on the softball diamond. She currently ranks 4th in at bats, 4th in doubles for a season, 5th in wins for a season, and 5th in innings pitched for a season.
After her 2001 season, Coach Conner chose to finish her career at Oklahoma Christian University. She led the Oklahoma Christian program to the 2002 NAIA National Tournament where she was honored as an NAIA All-American. She was also named to the NAIA All-Tournament Team, selected First Team NAIA All-Region, as well as, first team All-Sooner Athletic Conference. Coach Conner continues to hold multiple records at Oklahoma Christian University, including 41 consecutive scoreless innings pitched. She currently ranks 12th in fewest walks allowed per year in NAIA history.
This camp is for softball players of all abilities ages 8-18. Instruction will focus primarily on hitting, specific position fielding, base-running, and game situations. In addition, pitchers will have the opportunity to work with pitching instructors. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2019 Camp Dates
- July 14-17, 2019
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2019 SESSION SCHEDULE
CAMP DATES: JULY 14-17, 2019
- Check-in: 1:00 p.m. on Sunday for all campers. See registration packet for specific location.
- Check-out: Graduation takes place at 12:00 p.m. on Wednesday. Parents are invited to attend. Check out will take place immediately after.
- Extended Day Camper Schedule: Sunday: 1:00-9:00 p.m., Monday-Tuesday: 8:45-9:00 p.m., Wednesday: 8:45-12:00 p.m.
What's included in the fee?
- Daily softball instruction
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in rooms strategically placed throughout the dorm to provide optimal supervision, and participate in all activities.
- Camp T-shirt & Nike Lanyard: All campers receive a Nike Softball Camp t-shirt and Nike Lanyard.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Low camper to coach ratio
- Players Grouped by: age and ability
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own glove, cleats, bat and a helmet and wear softball attire (softball pants recommended)
- Facility: Outdoor Fields.
- Medical Protocol: In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
- Dorm: See registration packet for specific on-campus dorm.
- Campers Per Room: 2 (unless otherwise noted in registration packet)
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Linens: Not included. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase, and a towel.
- Air Conditioning: No, campers are encouraged to bring a fan.
Nike Softball Camps does not provide transportation from airports, train stations or bus depots. If you have a child flying to camp, please arrange a shuttle or taxi service.
If you have a group of campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
Well rounded camp
July 12, 2018: My daughter loved that the coaches explained how to improve their performance through technique, listened to the girls when they had questions or did not understand something, and they encouraged the girls the whole time.
— DeHart Parent
This was a great camp.
July 12, 2018: My daughter had a great time and was really excited each day of camp. Thank you for letting her have an exceptional experience.
— Janet E. Parent
My daughter learned a lot of new techniques that will make her a better player
July 15, 2017: My daughter raved about this being the best camp she has attended and she learned a lot of new techniques that will make her a better player.
— Andy B. Parent
All my daughter talked about for weeks
July 14, 2017: My daughter had an amazing and fun time at camp. That was all she talked about for weeks after completing the camp. Instructors were amazing and helpful at improving my daughter's softball skills and knowledge.
— Todd C. Parent
New Camp - Review From Amber Connor's Nike Softball Camp at University of Dallas
"My daughter participated in the 2014 Nike Softball Camp at Dallas University. Going into this camp, she was very nervous about what to expect, but came out a completely different person and player. I believe that this Nike Camp, helped her grow as an athlete and as a person. There aren't enough thank you's to be sent to the amazing staff that worked with each and every camper!! They helped her find a new love and appreciation for the game of softball. She is already talking about and looking forward to going back to camp next summer!!!"
Had a really great coach
There was one coach who really went above and beyond. She had long brown hair and wore texas attire. She would pitch behind the net. She was awesome. I would have love to see more coaches like her. There was always many coaches on the field but a few times you saw them talking instead of paying attention. I felt some girls were making simple mistakes simply because no one was paying them attention.
Will be returning
Loved it will be back next year
Very impressed, money well spent!
The best camp, and money well spent!! I will recommend this camp at any location to other team mate parents without a doubt. Very impressed!