Nike Tennis Camp at Irvine Valley College
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Tennis Camps
Unique and exciting tennis training with top-quality coaches in Southern California’s Orange County. A tennis day camp for kids of all skill levels, the Irvine Valley College Nike Tennis Camp delivers superb instruction, supervised match play, and lots of fun.
This junior tennis camp in California gives boys and girls the opportunity to hit tons of balls, enhance their technique, and enjoy friendly competition with their peers.
- 1 point tournament, drills, matches, conditioning, team and individual awards/awards cermony
- 5-6 hours daily tennis training; low camper to staff ratio
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Ross Duncan
Ross Duncan is in his thirteenth year as camp director at Nike Tennis Camps. He was the #1 ranked junior player in South Africa. Duncan coached on the professional WTA tour (pro level), at the University of Oregon, and is currently developing juniors in Southern California. He is a also a USPTA Certified Tennis Professional.View Ross Duncan's Bio ⟩
Ross Duncan was the #1 junior tennis player from South Africa before coming to the U.S. on a full ride tennis scholarship to Pepperdine University. After studying sports management and graduating, he played professional tennis earning ATP points in both singles and doubles. Ross then went on to coach as the Interim Head Coach at UC Santa Barbara and the Associate Head Coach at the University of Oregon. In addition, he also coached professionally on the WTA tour (top 30 player in the world).
Currently Ross is ranked #1 in the nation in the Men’s 35 Singles Division and has back to back National Hard Court Championships in singles. He represented Team USA as the #1 singles player in the World Championship. Ross is currently ranked #9 in the world. In addition, Ross owns Peak Performance Tennis and is the director of the Tennis Division for Norton Sports Management. As a Tennis Agent he is responsible for managing,coaching, and directing the professional tennis career of its clients. Ross has been the director of Nike tennis camp programs in both California and Oregon during the last ten years.
Co-Director Youssef Timour
Youssef Timour is a quadrilingual Morrocan/American professional tennis coach.View Youssef's Bio ⟩
In his home country, he was ranked in the top 30 as a competitive tennis player. Youssef has worked with top juniors and WTA players including world-ranked tennis players such as Andreja Klepač and Aleksandrina Naydenova. Youssef’s guidance has helped numerous junior players earn college Tennis scholarships. Youssef has 18 years of international experience as a professional tennis coach and a Tennis Director for Club Med. Yousef spent 9 years developing players at Advantage Tennis Academy and also coached collegiately at Hope International University. He is excited to bring his wealth of knowledge and passion for the game to the Nike campers and take their game to the next level.
2023 WINTER CAMP DATES
- December 27-29 (Wednesday-Friday)
2023 WINTER CAMP SCHEDULE & INFORMATION
- Camp Hours: Wednesday-Thursday 9:00am-4:00pm, Friday 9:00am-3:30pm
- Check-in: 9:00am Wednesday-Friday
- Check-out: Wednesday-Friday 4:00pm
- Closing Ceremony: Friday 3:30pm. Parents are encouraged to attend. Check out
immediately after the closing ceremony.
- Check In & Check Out Location: Irvine Valley Tennis Courts
- Lunch will be between 12:00pm – 1:00pm daily. Campers bring their own lunch each day and lunch is supervised.
We offer day camps that run Monday-Friday from 9:00am-4:00pm daily for kids ages 6-18, with All Skills, 10&Under Tennis, Tournament Training, and High School programs. All sessions are open to players of all abilities unless otherwise noted. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
- All Skills Program: The All Skills program is designed for tennis players of any skill level and background. Campers will learn fundamentals and improve upon their game.
- Tournament Training Program: The Tournament Training program is geared towards tournament-level and ranked players looking to improve their tournament results, learn winning strategies, and work on mental toughness.
- High School Session: The High School program is provided for players ages 13-18 currently on their high school team and wanting to move up the ladder or those planning on making the high school team.
- 10 and Under Tennis: The “10 and Under Tennis” program features the USTA’s successful teaching format. This is an exciting way for kids 10 and under that are learning to play tennis as well as compete. The courts are smaller and balls are low-compression so they are easier to hit, allowing kids to get to the ball and develop optimal swing patterns. It all makes it easy and fun for them to hit, play and score from the start while developing skills that will last a lifetime. Please note: This program is optional and younger campers may opt to play regular tennis on the full courts.
SUMMER CAMP SCHEDULE
- Camp Hours: Monday-Thursday 9:00am-4:00pm, Friday 9:00am-11:00am
- Check-in: 9:00am Monday-Friday
- Check-out: Monday-Thursday 4:00pm; Friday 11:00am
- Check In & Check Out Location: Irvine Valley Tennis Courts
- July 5-7 Session
- Check-in: 9:00am at the Irvine Valley Tennis Courts on Wednesday
- Check-out: A graduation ceremony will take place at 11:00am on Friday. Parents are encouraged to attend! Check-out will immediately follow the graduation.
- Day Camp Program: Wednesday-Thursday 9:00am-4:00pm, Friday 9:00am-11:00am
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: 5-6 hours of daily tennis training, morning and afternoon sessions
- Supervision: Staff members participate in all activities
- Camp T-shirt: All campers receive a Nike Tennis Camps t-shirt
- Lunch: Campers bring their own lunch each day and lunch is supervised.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT, & FACILITY
- Ratio: Low camper-to-coach ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience
- Equipment Needed: All campers must bring a tennis racquet, tennis shoes, and a water bottle
- Facility: Irvine Valley Tennis Courts: 8 outdoor courts
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
Athletic, on-court tennis clothing
Tennis shoes (no running shoes)
Sweatshirt/warm-up jacket and pants
Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE TENNIS CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our tennis camps please see our FAQ page
Maximize your camp experience with SwingVision, an iPhone app that provides the following benefits when you record your play: watch a full match in 20 minutes with the dead-time automatically removed, view stats like shot placement, court positioning, shot speed, and consistency for each shot type, filter to particular shot or point types and easily create highlight videos of certain points or shots, access video analysis, and stats immediately after you finish recording, all on unlimited cloud storage.
Camp Code: TNXDIV
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Stretching, Camp Meeting at Courts
- 9:15am Tennis Instruction and Drills
- 12:00 Noon Lunch, Rest
- 1:00pm Tennis Program, Match Play
- 4:00pm Conclusion of Daily Tennis Program
June 28, 2023: My son thoroughly enjoyed this camp. He loved the games, instruction, and meeting new people. But he said the very best part of camp was the coaches!
July 1, 2023: My son was very inspired when he won a challenge, and got rewarded. It was very special for him.
June 25, 2022: My son loved the skill level of director and coaches. He really learned a lot of new skills.
July 3, 2022: The coach Ethan was amazing with Alex. He really taught Alex a lot while making it fun!
June 18, 2022: The coaches - they made it fun and my kids wanted to go back each day
June 18, 2023: Camp coaches were friendly, fun and engaging. They were excellent.
July 16, 2022: There were instructors from past years that remembered my camper.
July 22, 2023: The level of play the children experienced was excellent
July 24, 2023: the kids had a blast and their game really improved
June 24, 2023: Claire loved competing in a fun and positive way!
July 1, 2023: Pushing my daughter out of her comfort zone
June 25, 2023: The camaraderie among the staff and kids.
June 17, 2023: My daughter was excited to go every day
July 1, 2023: Coaches were fun and very enthusiastic
it was amazing for him
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.