Nike Tennis Camp at Sarasota Sports Club
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Tennis Camps
Nike Tennis Camps is excited to bring camp to Sarasota, FL this summer! The Nike Tennis Camp at Sarasota is a new camp available to players of all tennis skill levels. This camp offers day-only camp sessions with a special session dedicated to tournament-level players. This camp will deliver detailed tennis instruction with a heavy emphasis on the fundamentals of the game. These sessions are directed by world-renowned tennis coach, Sekou Bangoura and his associates!
The Nike Tennis Camp at Sarasota Sports Club is for tennis players of all skills, ages 9-17, looking to improve their game.
- Instruction from Coach Sekou Bangoura and his experienced staff.
- Training at a top notch tennis facility
- Low camper to coach ratio
- Campers receive a Nike Tennis Camps t-shirt and prizes.
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Sekou Coker Bangoura Sr.
Sekou Bangoura Sr. is a USPTA certified Level 1 tennis professional. He owns his own company, Sekou Bangoura International Tennis Academy (SBITA) that specializes in tennis training for tennis players from Juniors to ATP/W'TA touring professionals. Some of Sekou's famous students have included: Andre Agassi Pete Sampras Jim Courier Jimmy Arias Venus Williams Serena Williams Monica Seles > Maria Sharapova Sekou has trained his son Sekou Bangoura, Jr. (Junior), since he was 3 years old. Junior reached the #1 USTA Boys' 18s ranking in the USA in 2010. He is currently ranked 575 on the ATP tour and rising. Sekou has said his love for the game of tennis and children inspired him to become a tennis-teaching pro.View Sekou's Bio ⟩
He continues to coach top-ranked juniors at the Sekou Bangoura International Tennis Academy in Sarasota, Florida. Sekou Bangoura has made his mark in the international world of tennis as both a player and trainer for the last 35 years. He has over 20 years playing experience in international and collegiate competition. Sekou was a senior instructor at Nick Bollettieri Tennis Academy in Bradenton, Florida from 1984 to 1992, when he left to establish his own academy. Featured in an article in USPTA's ADDVantage magazine, titled *Watching 'dad' teach inspires young talent," Sekou has appeared in numerous newspaper, magazine and television sports interviews, and he has performed free-lance tennis video analysis and correction. As a USPTA pro, Sekou has directed/participated in many tennis clinics in the USA, France, Spain, Portugal, Senegal, Guinea, Korea, China, Dominican Republic, Italy, Canada and Germany. The activities include: > Clinic for USTA Florida Section Summer Daytona Beach, Florida 2008-2009 - Video Analysis, Travel and Player Development for Parents. Sekou was a senior instructor at Nick Bollettieri Tennis Academy in Bradenton, Florida from 1984 to 1992, when he left to establish his own academy. Featured in an article in USPTA's ADDVantage magazine, titled "Watching 'dad' teach inspires young talent," Sekou has appeared in numerous newspaper, magazine and television sports interviews, and he has performed free-lance tennis video analysis and correction. As a USPTA pro, Sekou has directed/participated in many tennis clinics in the USA, France, Spain, Portugal, Senegal, Guinea, Korea, China, Dominican Republic, Italy, Canada and Germany. The activities include: > Clinic for USTA Florida Section Summer Daytona Beach, Florida 2008-2009 - Video Analysis, Travel and Player Development for Parents USTA Area Coordinator- conducted over 30 USTA School Tennis Assemblies Speaker and demo of coaching techniques at USTA sponsored event in collaboration with Patrick McEnroe at Millenium Symposium in Lake George, New York, 2000 • National Speaker for USPTA Convention in Las Vegas, Nevada, 2002 Speaker at USPTA Convention in Woodlands, Texas, 2000 Speaker at USPTA Symposium in Colorado Springs, Colorado, 1998 Junior Player development and ran academy, housing, boarding including issues related to overseas kids at Bradenton, Florida. Coaching, conditioning, video analysis, drills, match play, match evaluations, tactics, mental toughness and tournaments 1992 - Present > Organized and Director of summer camp in Grün- Weiss Tennis Klub in Mannheim, Germany, 2006-2007 - Conducted several clinics featuring private lessons, player analysis, match play at Tennis Club de Paris, Paris, France, 1990-1992 Sekou earned a B.A. degree in History and International Relations from the University of South Florida in 1999. He also has an Associate's degree in International Relations from Manatee Community College in Bradenton, Florida in 1997 and an English-as-a-Second-Language degree from the State University of New York College in New Paltz, New York in 1984. Sekou is fluent in English and French and has a working knowledge of Spanish.
2023 CAMP DATES
- June 19-23
All sessions are open to players of all abilities unless otherwise noted. All participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
There will be a 1 hour evaluation session after check in. Campers will then be sorted by ability first, then age. Adjustments will be made as needed during camp.
- All Skills Program: The All Skills program is designed for tennis players of any skill level and background. Campers will learn fundamentals and improve upon their game.
- Check-in: All campers check-in at 9:00am on Monday at the tennis courts. Campers should come dressed and ready to play. There will be an evaluation hit starting at 9:15am until 10:00am.
- Check-out: Campers will check-out at 4:30pm each day
- Camper Schedule: Monday 9:15am-4:00pm, Tuesday-Friday 10:00am-4:00pm
Lunch is not provided. Full Day campers must bring their own food and drinks each day.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: 5-6 hours of daily tennis training, morning and afternoon sessions
- Supervision: Staff members participate in all activities
- Camp T-shirt: All campers receive a Nike Tennis Camps t-shirt
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 5:1 camper-to-coach ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience. There will be 1.5-hour evaluation on the first day of camp after check-in. From there, we will separate players based on ability first, followed by age if necessary. Adjustments can be made during camp.
- Equipment Needed: All campers must bring a tennis racquet, tennis shoes, and a water bottle.
- Facility: Sarasota Sports Club's 19 clay courts. Includes bathrooms, a practice wall, and a fitness center.
- Inclement Weather Plan: Will utilize shaded structures to get out of sun/heat. Focus on fitness, mental training, and video analysis if needed.
- Parking: In order to get through the gate, parents will need to tell the guard they they are at the facility for tennis with Sekou.
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic, on-court tennis clothing
- Tennis Racquet(s)
- Tennis shoes (no running shoes)
- Sweatshirt/warm-up jacket and pants
- Water bottle*
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE TENNIS CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our tennis camps please see our FAQ page.
Maximize your camp experience with SwingVision, an iPhone app that provides the following benefits when you record your play: watch a full match in 20 minutes with the dead-time automatically removed, view stats like shot placement, court positioning, shot speed, and consistency for each shot type, filter to particular shot or point types and easily create highlight videos of certain points or shots, access video analysis, and stats immediately after you finish recording, all on unlimited cloud storage.
Camp Code: TNXDSSShow Less See More Camp Details
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.