Nike Tennis Camp at Solano College
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Tennis Camps
We are excited to bring a new Nike Tennis Camp at Solano College to California! Your camper will have the opportunity to meet and learn the sport from our experienced coaches Mike Fischer, Phil Cello and their talented staff. We encourage all of our campers to learn and develop the skills needed to play the game of tennis as well as improve their point play abilities. Our goals are to create a positive competitive environment, emphasize good sportsmanship, and learn what it means be great teammates while having fun at the same time. Camp Co-Directors Phil Cello and Michael Fischer are excited to expand the CITA - F.I.T.T summer academy program at Solano Community College with 3 weeks of Nike Camps.
This junior tennis camp is designed for boys and girls, ages 8-17, of all skill levels to improve their tennis game, work hard, make new friends and have a lot of fun! After 40 years of operating one of NorCal's most successful and longest-running Academies, Co-Directors Phil Cello and Mike Fischer are excited to add three weeks of Nike Camps to the CITA-F.I.T.T summer program at Solano College. Our philosophy is simple, emphasize skill development and make playing and practicing fun.
- Tennis instruction from coaches Mike Fischer and Phil Cello
- Low camper to coach ratio
- All campers receive a Nike Tennis Camps t-shirt and prizes!
- View More Details ⟩
Director Mike Fischer
Raised in Fairfield, California, Michael was a 4-time All-American and 2-Time League MVP for the Varsity tennis team at Vanden High School. After high school, Michael attended Santa Rosa Jr. Community College to play tennis where he played number 2 singles and number 1 doubles. In 2008 he won the California Community College Regional Doubles Championship and was named a Community College All American. After college, he became a USPTA certified teaching professional and started developing junior athletes at Cello International Tennis Academy. He also developed his own client base, teaching private lessons and group clinics to the residents of Solano County, Napa and surrounding areas.View Mike's Bio ⟩
Director Phil Cello
Phil Cello is a coaching legend in Northern California. A member of the NorCal Tennis Hall of Fame, Phil's accomplishments both on and off the court regarding the game of tennis speak for themselves and for his love of the sport. Phil started the Cello International Tennis Academy in 1986 and has sent over 250 players to college teams, more than 15 ATP/WTA professional players, and even a Grand Slam champion. In addition to U.S. standouts, Phil has coached over 30 players from the Chinese National Team beginning in 1986. Phil has worked as the director for the Nike Junior Tour National Masters for 13 years, during which time he has coached notables such as Madison Keys and Stefan Kozlov, Aamanda Anisimova at the Nike Junior Tour International Masters. Phil is the tournament Director for and annual ATP Men's $100,000 Challenger held at Solano Community College.
2024 CAMP DATES
- June 24-28
- July 15-19
- July 22-26
All sessions are open to players of all abilities unless otherwise noted. There will be a 1 hour evaluation session after check-in. Campers will be sorted based on ability and age. Adjustments are made as needed throughout the week.
- All Skills Program: The All Skills program is designed for tennis players of any skill level and background. Campers will learn fundamentals and improve upon their game.
- Check-in: All campers check in daily at 9:00am at the Solano College tennis courts
- Check-out: Full day campers will check out daily at 4:00pm at the Solano College tennis courts
- Check-out: Half day campers will check out daily at 12:00pm at the Solano College tennis courts
- Full Day Camper Schedule: Monday-Friday 9:00am-4:00pm
- Half Day Camper Schedule: Monday-Friday 9:00am-12:00pm
Lunch is not provided. Campers will need to bring their own lunch and snacks or purchase food from the full-service college cafeteria adjacent to the courts.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: 3-7 hours of daily tennis training, half day and full day sessions
- Supervision: Staff members participate in all activities
- Camp T-shirt: All campers receive a Nike Tennis Camps t-shirt
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 5:1 camper-to-coach ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience. There will be 1 hour evaluation on the first day of camp after check-in. From there, we will separate players based on ability first, followed by age if necessary. Adjustments can be made during camp.
- Equipment Needed: All campers must bring a tennis racquet, tennis shoes, and a water bottle.
- Facility: Solano College has 12 courts, a large bathroom building adjacent to the courts, access to gym and fitness rooms, a cafeteria, a large lawn area for games, and a football stadium with a 1/4 mile track for training
- Inclement Weather Plan: In the event of rain, we will go to the gym or fitness rooms to train. With extreme heat, we will have ice and towels on the courts. If necessary we will shorten time on the courts and add time to train in the shade or the air-conditioned gym. In the event of lightning, we will take everyone into the gym and or training rooms.
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic, on-court tennis clothing
- Tennis Racquet(s)
- Tennis shoes (no running shoes)
- Sweatshirt/warm-up jacket and pants
- Water bottle*
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE TENNIS CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our tennis camps please see our FAQ page.
Maximize your camp experience with SwingVision, an iPhone app that provides the following benefits when you record your play: watch a full match in 20 minutes with the dead-time automatically removed, view stats like shot placement, court positioning, shot speed, and consistency for each shot type, filter to particular shot or point types and easily create highlight videos of certain points or shots, access video analysis, and stats immediately after you finish recording, all on unlimited cloud storage.
Camp Code: TNXDSC
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.