Nike Tennis Camp at George Washington University
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Tennis Camps
The Nike Tennis Camp in Washington, DC at George Washington University offers top-notch instruction from expert coaches. With full day and half day camp options for kids of all levels, the DC tennis camp at GWU has something for everyone!
Our summer tennis camp at George Washington Tennis Center combines technical instruction and drilling from expert coaches, supervised match play, and lots of fun games!
- Instruction from professional coaches with decades of playing and coaching experience
- 5-6 hours daily instruction; low camper to staff ratio
- Campers receive Nike Tennis Camps T-shirt and prizes
- View More Details ⟩
Co-Director Dave Marshall
Dr. Dave Marshall and his staff's reputation for teaching excellence is recognized throughout the World and Copyrighted.View Dave's Bio ⟩
Dave's guidance and teaching has helped develop 105 state championship tennis players, 75 sectional champions, 25 USTA National Champions, and two US Open Qualifiers. He has sent 125 players on to play collegiate tennis. Dave has coached NCAA Champions, worked with Australian Open/Wimbledon Junior Girls's Finalist and thousands of students whose improved skills have led to their greater enjoyment of the game.
A former nationally-ranked collegiate player, Dave holds 12 Delaware Open titles singles, doubles and mixed doubles championships. He holds 15 national doubles titles. He is currently ranked #1 in the USA for over 45 Men's Doubles. He has held the number #1 spot for 2016, 2017, and now 2018. Dave has been the USPTA Middle States Pro of the Year, Delaware Pro of the Year, as well as HBCU National Coach of the Year. Additionally, he has been inducted into the Delaware Hall of Fame, USPTA Middle States Hall of Fame, as well as his former alma mater Washington College's Hall of Fame. Dave has also led his Men's team to win the USTA National Championships for 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, and 2015. Dr. Dave was the head coach of the men's and women's teams at Division III- Washington College. Dr. Dave was the head women's coach at Delaware State University a Division I program-where he led the team to a the Finals of the HBCU National Championship. Now, Dr. Dave is working alongside Dave Macpherson as an associate coach to the Bryan Brothers.
Dr Dave Marshall was Director of Tennis at Sea Colony for over 25 years until 2009. Dave's team of pro's (Dave Marshall & Associates) left the SC program in good shape and in the words of SC's Tennis Chair Under Dave's leadership Sea Colony tennis emerged as one of the premiere programs in the country, achieved national rankings in several categories and built a world class program. In August of 2009, Dave Marshall & Associates completed the Dave Marshall Tennis and Fitness Center in Lewes Delaware, where the Dave Marshall Tennis Academies are now headquartered. Within 9 months of opening, Dave Marshall Tennis Academies was ranked by Tennis Resorts Online. They are now ranked #23 Tennis Camp in the world by Tennis Resorts Online (as of January16, 2017).
Co-Director David Jordan Marshall
David Jordan Marshall - Nationally Ranked Junior Tennis player. Top 20 Sectionally. Delaware Junior State Champion and Delaware High School Football State Champion. Captain US Army.
Co-Director Gary Gould
Gary Gould is back for his 4th Season. A Veteran coach who was a collegiate Basketball star. Gary is part of a new bread of athlete that is taking his love of sport to the tennis court. His enthusiasm for kids and movement translate into the tennis arena nicely!
Camp Staff David Macpherson
David Macpherson was named head coach of GW's men's tennis program on August 24, 2016.View David's Bio ⟩
In his first season at the helm, Macpherson led the Colonials to a successful 17-7 record and an appearance in the Atlantic 10 Championship semifinals. Three Colonials landed First Team All-Conference honors in 2017, while one student-athlete earned Academic All-Conference distinction.
Macpherson coached the Colonials to an upset victory over then-No. 38 South Alabama on neutral ground on March 15 for his first triumph over a ranked program as head coach.
From 2005-2016, Macpherson served as coach of professional American duo Bob and Mike Bryan - more widely known as the Bryan Brothers - guiding the famed tandem to an Olympic gold medal, 10 year-end world No. 1 rankings, 15 grand slam titles and 87 career titles. In 2014, Macpherson coached Roger Federer and Stanislas Wawrinka to the 2014 Davis Cup title and was named World Team Tennis Coach of the Year in 2014.
Macpherson posted a stellar professional career on the ATP tour from 1984-2003 that saw the Tasmania, Australia, native reach a career-high ATP individual doubles ranking of No. 11 and a doubles team ranking of No. 8. Macpherson tallied 16 ATP tour titles - including the 1992 Masters Series Indian Wells crown - and amassed 288 career ATP tour victories.
In 2004, Macpherson founded the David Macpherson Tennis Academy in Sarasota, Florida, where he worked with high level junior players.
2024 CAMP DATES
- June 3-7
- June 10-14
- June 17-21
- June 24-28
- July 1-5
- July 8-12
- July 15-19
- July 22-26
*All information below is subject to change
Full Day Camp: 8:30am-3:00pm
Half Day Camp: 8:30am-11:30am
Mornings consist of drilling, point play, conditioning, and off-court fun. Afternoons will focus on match play and other fun competitive games.
All sessions are open to players of all abilities with a focus on beginner and intermediate level. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
We offer Full Day (8:30am-3:00pm) and Half Day (8:30am-11:30am) camps for boys and girls, ages 6-17, with All Skills and 10&Under Tennis programs.
- All Skills Program: The All Skills program is designed for tennis players of any skill level and background and includes concentrated work to develop the proper fundamentals and a mix of drilling and match play.
- 10 and Under Tennis: 10&Under Tennis is an exciting way for kids 10 and under are learning to play tennis as well as compete. The courts are smaller and balls are low-compression so they are easier to hit, allowing kids to get to the ball and develop optimal swing patterns. It all makes it easy and fun for them to hit, play and score from the start while developing skills that will last a lifetime. Please note: This program is optional and younger campers may opt to play regular tennis on the full courts.
- Check-In: Monday-Friday: Drop off is at 8:30am for all campers at the GW Tennis Center (5 min yellow zone). Campers should come dressed to play as we will head straight to the courts after check-in.
- Check Out: Monday-Friday: Daily check out is at 11:30am for Half Day Campers and at 3:00pm for Full Day Campers at the GW Tennis Center.
- Half Day Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:15am-11:30am
- Full Day Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:15am-3:00pm
Lunch is NOT included. Full day campers should bring their own lunch. We will break for lunch after the morning session and then have the option to swim before the afternoon session starts (swimming availability is subject to change).
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: 5-6 of daily tennis training, morning and afternoon sessions
- Supervision: Staff members participate in all activities
- Camp T-shirt: All campers receive a Nike Tennis Camps t-shirt
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 5:1 camper-to-coach ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience
- Equipment Needed: All campers must bring a tennis racquet, tennis shoes, and a water bottle
- Facility: Campers will play at the 11-court outdoor tennis courts at the George Washington (GW) Tennis Center.
- Parking: Park in the parking garage below the tennis courts (free for 3 hours). Do not park outside of the parking garage as it creates grid lock. Once you have parked, walk your child outside of the garage to the top towards the tennis courts.
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
Athletic, on-court tennis clothing
Tennis shoes (no running shoes)
Sweatshirt/warm-up jacket and pants
Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE TENNIS CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our tennis camps please see our FAQ page
Maximize your camp experience with SwingVision, an iPhone app that provides the following benefits when you record your play: watch a full match in 20 minutes with the dead-time automatically removed, view stats like shot placement, court positioning, shot speed, and consistency for each shot type, filter to particular shot or point types and easily create highlight videos of certain points or shots, access video analysis, and stats immediately after you finish recording, all on unlimited cloud storage.Camp Code: TNXDGT
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:00am-8:15am Drop off
- 8:30am Warm-up
- 9:00am-11:30am Drilling/Conditioning/Off Court Fun
- 11:30am Half Day Campers Depart/Lunch For Full Day Campers
- 12:30pm Swim
- 1:30pm Tennis/Match Play/Games
- 3:00pm Full Day Campers Depart
July 1, 2023: The coaches were extremely supportive of my childs expressed interest in playing with bigger kids to challenge herself.
June 18, 2022: The friendly staff with intense practice along with the option to swim and make friends
August 20, 2022: My son liked the game called Jailbreak. I liked the friendliness of the staff.
August 5, 2023: The friendly staff (coach Gary, coach Maddy, coach Ethan)and the fun
August 5, 2023: The counselors were very helpful with learning different techniques.
July 15, 2023: The facilities are excellent and with the option for a swim break.
Jax came home everyday and wouldn't stop talking how great it was.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.