Spartan Tennis Camp at San Jose State University
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Tennis Camps
US Sports Camps is excited to be returning to San Jose State University! Women's Head Coach at SJSU, Chad Skorupka, and his staff look forward to teaching your children to improve their TENNIS GAME! This camp will be high energy all day. We look forward to some great tennis in the Summer of 2024.
San Jose State University is centrally located in Silicon Valley. The best location in the Bay Area. This camp offers instruction from the current Head Coach of the San Jose State University Women's Tennis Team, including current college tennis players. We care about teaching your children how to compete and most importantly leaving this camp enjoying to PLAY TENNIS!
- Instruction from SJSU Head Coach, Chad Skorupka, and his experienced staff!
- 5-6 hours of daily instruction
- Camp will conclude with fun and exciting Junior Team Tennis
- Campers receive Nike t-shirt and prizes
- View More Details ⟩
Director Chad Skorupka
Chad Skorupka was appointed the San José State University women’s tennis head coach in July 2015 and has established himself as one of the program's most successful head coaches since the program's inception.View Chad's Bio ⟩
Director Kim Grant
Kim Grant is a former professional tennis player with 18 years of experience on the professional tour.View Kim's Bio ⟩
2024 CAMP DATES
- June 10-13
- June 17-20
- June 24-27
- July 8-11
- July 15-18
- July 22-25
We are offering Day Camps from 9:00am-4:00pm and Extended Day Camp 9:00am-6:00pm for campers ages 8-17 of all ability levels.
All sessions are open to players of all abilities unless otherwise noted. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week. Morning will focus on feeding and instruction. Afternoon will focus on more feeding and match play.
- All Skills Program: The All Skills program is designed for tennis players of any skill level and background. Campers will learn fundamentals and improve upon their game.
- Check-In: All campers check in on first day of camp at 8:30am at the tennis courts
- Check-out: Day campers will check out Thursday at 4:00pm and Extended Day at 6:00pm
- Day Camp Program: Monday-Thursday 9:00am-4:00pm
- Extended Day Program: Monday-Thursday 9:00am-6:00pm
Meals are not provided. Campers must bring their own lunch each day. Refrigerators will be available to store lunches. Water and Gatorade will be provided to all campers throughout the day.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Daily tennis training, morning and afternoon sessions
- Supervision: Staff members provide optimal supervision and participate in all activities
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive a Nike Tennis Camps t-shirt and prizes
- Activities: Campers will tye-dye t-shirts, and enjoy the beach and ice cream during the camp week!
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT, & FACILITY
- Ratio: 5:1 camper-to-coach ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience
- Equipment Needed: All campers must bring a tennis racquet, tennis shoes, and a water bottle
- Facility: SJSU has 7 lighted tennis courts on South Camps. Former host facility for the WTA Mubadala Tennis Tournament
- Inclement Weather Plan: In case of inclement weather campers will be based in our Tennis Building right next to the Tennis Courts. Video insruction/Ping pong/other games will be available.
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
Athletic, on-court tennis clothing
Tennis shoes (no running shoes)
Sweatshirt/warm-up jacket and pants
Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
White T-Shirt for Thursday Tye-Dye
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE TENNIS CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our tennis camps please see our FAQ page
Maximize your camp experience with SwingVision, an iPhone app that provides the following benefits when you record your play: watch a full match in 20 minutes with the dead-time automatically removed, view stats like shot placement, court positioning, shot speed, and consistency for each shot type, filter to particular shot or point types and easily create highlight videos of certain points or shots, access video analysis, and stats immediately after you finish recording, all on unlimited cloud storage.
Camp Code: TNXDSJ
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.