Nike Tennis U12 Camp at Picklebarn
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Tennis Camps
The Nike Tennis U12 Camp at Picklebarn is located Mankato, MN. Campers are grouped by age/ability and grouped accordingly. This camp is perfect for beginner to intermediate-level players!
- Instruction from the Elofson's and their experienced staff
- Half-Day camp with 2.5-3 hours of daily training ages 6-12
- U12 Program specializing in the development of our youngest stars
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Directors Mitch and Sidney Elofson
Mitch and Sidney are certified Pickleball teaching pros.View Mitch and Sidney's Bio & Tennis Tips ⟩
We were both born and raised in St. Peter, MN and met in high school, spending the majority of our days on the tennis court. We attended Gustavus Adolphus College for our bachelor’s degrees while playing tennis for the Gusties. We then went on to get our master’s degrees from Minnesota State University, Mankato in Exercise Physiology and Sport and Exercise Psychology. During this time, we spent a summer in Florida working at a professional tennis academy. This is where we fell in love with pickleball! Our Mission is to serve the community by providing a fun and family-oriented atmosphere where everyone can enjoy the sport of pickleball and each other as well as provide opportunities for higher-level tournament play, drawing from the Greater Minnesota area and beyond.
- PPR Certified Pickleball Professional
- ICI Tennis Pro Certified Coach
- PPR Certified Pickleball Coach
- ICI Tennis Pro Certified Coach
- ACSM Personal Exercise Specialist
Tennis Tips by Mitch and Sidney:
2023 CAMP DATES
- July 10-13
We offer a Half Day (9:00am-11:30am) camp option for all ability levels, for boys and girls, ages 6-12. Each session runs from Monday-Thursday. This 12 & Under program features the USTA's successful teaching format and utilizes age-appropriate courts and low compression balls (RED, ORANGE & GREEN). Sessions are open to players of all abilities unless otherwise noted. Upon arrival, participants are evaluated by the staff so that their instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
- 12 and Under Program: The "12 & Under Program" features the USTA’s successful teaching format. This is an exciting way for kids ages 12 & under to learn to play tennis as well as compete. The courts are age-appropriate and balls are low compression so they are easier to hit, allowing kids to get to the ball and develop optimal swing patterns. This program uses only RED, ORANGE, and GREEN BALLS.
- Check-in: 8:30am-9:00am at the tennis courts each day.
- Half Day Camp Program: Monday -Thursday: 9:00am-11:30am
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Daily tennis training
- Supervision: Staff members participate in all activities
- Camp T-shirt: All campers receive a Nike Tennis Camps t-shirt
- Lunch: Campers depart before lunch but should pack a snack and water.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT, & FACILITY
- Ratio: 5:1 camper-to-coach ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience
- Equipment Needed: All campers must bring a tennis racquet, tennis shoes, and a water bottle
- Facility: The Picklebarn is an indoor pickleball facility with 8 climate-controlled pickleball courts. The Picklebarn offers ROGY tennis classes, lessons, clinics, and hopes to host "10 and under" tennis tournaments in the future! There is an upper mezzanine for viewing, socializing, and for food and beverages. The Picklebarn also has a conference room, a pro-shop, and a fitness room!
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
Athletic, on-court tennis clothing
Tennis shoes (no running shoes)
Sweatshirt/warm-up jacket and pants
Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE TENNIS CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our tennis camps please see our FAQ page
Maximize your camp experience with SwingVision, an iPhone app that provides the following benefits when you record your play: watch a full match in 20 minutes with the dead-time automatically removed, view stats like shot placement, court positioning, shot speed, and consistency for each shot type, filter to particular shot or point types and easily create highlight videos of certain points or shots, access video analysis, and stats immediately after you finish recording, all on unlimited cloud storage.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:30am-9:00am Camper Check-In
- 9:00am Tennis Drills and Skills Rotation
- 11:30am-12:00pm Camper Check-Out
Our son enjoyed the interaction of the staff and other athletes.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.