Presented by Esian Henderson, Camp Director
Nike Boys Basketball Camp Blue Valley High School
Tips for Being a Great Teammate
Coach Esian Henderson, professional basketball player and Camp Director of Nike Basketball Camps in Kansas City, shares his tips on becoming a great teammate and the importance it has on winning!
Being a good teammate requires selflessness, dedication and a common goal. The best teammates have great communication skills and are willing to sacrifice their role for the greater good of the team. Follow Coach Henderson's tips below to help you become a better teammate.
Tips for being a great teammate:
- Develop valuable, trusting relationships with your teammates both on and off the court
- Be willing to get outside of your comfort zone and play any role to better the team
- Stay motivated and push yourself to giving 100% at every practice and game
- Lead by example: arrive to practice early, be open to feedback from others,
- Keep a positive, uplifting attitude...it's empowering and contagious!
- Communicate on offense to stay mentally engaged in competition and on defense to direct traffic
- Hold yourself and others accountable to the team
Ready to work on your teammate skills? Train with Coach Henderson this summer at a Nike Basketball Camp near you!