Nike Throws Camp with Derek Evely
2024 DATES AVAILABLE!
Get ready for an amazing experience at the Nike Throws Camp with Derek Evely. Nike Track & Field Camps have action-packed days of training, fundamentals, and lasting friendships this summer. Campers’ opportunities to improve their fitness and skill set will be emphasized each day by top-notch coaching from Derek Evely and their coaching staff. Your athletes will walk away with lessons that can be utilized on and off the track.
- Top-notch coaching by Coach Derek Evely
- All throwing events offered
- Individual and group instruction
- Open ages 11-17 (Middle & High School)
- Nike Track & Field Camps t-shirt!
- View More Details ⟩
Director Derek Evely
Derek Evely has been coaching professionally for the past 30 years. He has been a member of numerous Canadian and British national teams including the Olympic Games, IAAF World Championships, Commonwealth Games, Pan American Games and European Championships.View Derek's Bio ⟩
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect a high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: July 8-12, 2024
- Age Group: 11-17 (Middle & High School)
- Gender: Co-ed
- Schedule: Monday-Friday, 9:00AM-4:00PM
- Check-in: 15 minutes prior to camp start time
- Lunch: Campers should bring their own lunch and snacks
- Middle School: Shot Put, Discus
- High School: Shot Put, Discus, Hammer Throw, Javelin
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist.
All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10
- Grouped by: age, ability, and experience
- Equipment needed: Campers should bring at least two pairs of broken in running shoes. Event shoes/spikes are optional. Please be sure to properly mark your equipment, so that it can be easily identified.
- Facility: EveltrakSport Throwing Field
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING:
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Extra Athletic clothing
- 1-2 pairs of broken in running shoes/ event spikes
- Non-running shoes
- Water bottle
- Packed lunch/snacks
- Small gym bag/backpack
- Extra spending money (suggested $40)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE TRACK & FIELD CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our Track & Field camps please see our FAQ page.Show Less See More Camp Details
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:45 AM Check-in
- 9:00 AM Warm-up/activation drills
- 9:30 AM Morning Session
- 11:00 AM Stretching/post workout nutrition
- 11:15 AM Educational Breakout Session
- 12:00 PM Lunch
- 1:00 PM Group Activity
- 1:45 PM Warm-up/Activation Drills
- 2:00 PM Afternoon workout session
- 3:00 PM Stretch/Post Workout Discussion
- 4:00 PM Check-out
EveltrakSport Throwing Field is the perfect facility for all throwers to improve their skills and have fun!
Camp Questions & Answers
Does the Health & Release Form need to be signed by a doctor?
Our Health & Release Form does not require a doctor’s signature. This online form is required to be filled out accurately, signed by the parent (guardian), and completed before your first day of camp.
Can I come to camp alone or do I have to be a member of a team?
We welcome individual campers and teams. It's a great place to meet new friends who share your enthusiasm for the sport and to have FUN!
Are the campers supervised throughout the camp?
Yes, campers are supervised by the coaches and staff. All staff members complete criminal and sex offender background checks before working the camp.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.