Nike Speed Development Clinic at Ansin Sports Complex
DEVELOP SPEED, AGILITY, AND QUICKNESS AT THE NIKE SPEED DEVELOPMENT CLINIC
This is a 1-day Speed Development Clinic, offering over 5 hours of instruction for both Individual and Team Sport Athletes, demonstrating a series of drills aimed at teaching correct running mechanics for optimum performance.
Participants will be introduced to general, intermediate, advanced, and specific training paradigms, as well as strategies to elevate their skill set.
You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve spots, so please be sure to register early.
Upon completing this Speed Development Individual & Team Sport Clinic, each participant will know the difference between frontside and backside mechanics, learn drills that will reinforce the proper mechanics to improve their overall performance, force production, and agility designed to translate to all sports and benefit all athletes, regardless of age or skill level.
DIRECTOR JAMES DANIELS
Coach Daniels has coached at all levels of track and field and has served as a consultant to numerous Elite Athletes. In addition, Daniels is a highly regarded lecturer and has spoken at the Nike Elite Summit, North Carolina Track & Cross-Country Coaches Association, and numerous high schools on the East Coast. Daniels graduated Cum Laude from Hampton University, earned Golden Key National Society Scholar Honors, became an Alpha Kappa Delta Sociology Honor Society Inductee, and is a USA Track & Field Level II Certified Coach in Sprints, Hurdles, and Relays. Daniels holds a Master's Degree in Educational Leadership.View JAMES's Bio ⟩
Coach Daniels has 30 years of experience as a USATF Certified Track & Field Coach, Instructor, Clinician, Speed Development Coach, USATF High-Performance Coach & Biomechanical Analyst; and Strength & Conditioning Coach which has led to 160 MEAC All-Academic Honors, 74 SEC All-Academic and USTFCCCA National Team Honors, 52 Conference Champions in multiple event disciplines, the Sprints, Hurdles, Jumps, Middle Distance, Throws, Cross-Country, and Relays, 4 Conference Record-Holders, 112 NCAA Regional Qualifiers, 2 NCAA Division III National Record Holders, 56 NCAA Championship participants, 155 NCAA All-Americans via Division I, II, III, 22 USATF National Qualifiers, 18 USATF Junior and Senior National Team participants, 5 USATF Olympic Trial Finalist, provided coaching/consulting services to six Olympic Medalists, Coached National Record Holder in the Women’s 100m Hurdles two-time Olympian Kierre Beckles of Barbados, provide NFL Combine Preparation/Consulting, and Independent Contractor for US/Nike Sports Camps, NSAF/Nike Indoor & Outdoor Sprints, Hurdles, & Relays National Meet Athlete Ambassador
As a Private Coach, Daniels High Performance and Jones Elite Training Athletes have been highly successful, Nationally Ranked, and won or part of 62 Individual, Relay, Conference, Regional, State, AAU, Adidas 100m Hurdle National Champion, and USATF Regional Age Group/High School Titles; 2 AAU National Age Group Champions, 36 Age Group All-Americans and one Gatorade athlete of the year (Cameron Rose). Additionally, their clients have acquired over three million dollars in athletic scholarships. As a result, many Daniels High-Performance and Jones Elite clients attend Power 5, Division I & II, and many HBCU Universities and Colleges on Full-Athletic or Partial Scholarships with minimum debt upon graduation.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
The Nike Speed Development Camp at Ansin Sports Complex in Miramar, FL, is a one-day camp focusing on Speed Development for both Individual and Team Sport athletes looking to develop over the summer and get ready for next season.
Participants will be introduced to general, intermediate, advanced, and specific training paradigms as well as strategies to elevate their individual skill set.
- Dates: Saturday October 28, 2023
- Ages: 10-18
- Gender: Co-ed
- Camp type: Day
- Schedule: 9:45 AM-3:00 PM
- Check-in: 9:15 AM
- Lunch: Campers should bring their own lunch and snacks
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist.
All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Grouped by: age, ability and experience
- Evaluation: by coaching staff
- Equipment Needed: Campers should bring at least one pair of broken in running shoes. Event shoes/spikes are recommended but not required. Please be sure to properly mark your equipment, so that it can be easily identified.
- Facility: Ansin Sports Complex
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING:
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Extra Athletic clothing
- 1-2 pairs of broken in running shoes/ event spikes
- Non-running shoes
- Water bottle
- Packed lunch and snacks
- Small gym bag/backpack
AAU Members receive 10% off. Use code AAUSPF23 at checkout to receive your discount.
*NOTE: you must provide your AAU member number during registration to receive the discount.
If you register for both the Nike Hurdle Development Clinic and the Nike Speed Development Clinic at Ansin Sports Complex, you qualify for a $25 discount! Please register for both camps first, then email us at [email protected] letting us know and we will retroactively discount you the $25.
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE SPORT PERFORMANCE CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our Sport Performance camps please see our FAQ page.
Show Less See More Camp Details
• This one-day Speed Development Clinic is a learn by doing Clinic that will incorporate a group warm-up session, small groups to allow for more focused attention, an introduction to a series of drills aimed at teaching the correct running mechanics for optimum performance, demonstrations during each session, an introduction to general, immediate, advanced, and specific training paradigms as well as strategies to elevate their skill set.
• Upon completing this Speed Development Clinic, each participant will know the difference between Frontside and Backside Mechanics, learn drills that will reinforce efficient sprint mechanics to improve their overall performance, force application, and agility designed to translate to all sports and benefit all athletes, regardless of age or level of skill.
• The Speed Drill Series will be taught systematically to reinforce proper Frontside Mechanics Drill Progressions and provide error correction feedback, turning an athlete’s weaknesses into strengths, improving skills, and increasing performance.
• This Clinic is designed to introduce athletes and coaches to Fall General and Specific Preparation Training paradigms that teach injury prevention, Frontside Mechanics, Speed, and Hurdle Development Programming and Drills that address small muscle group strengthening.
• Question and Answer session on College Readiness, NCAA Rule updates on Recruiting and initial Eligibility Requirements.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:15 AM-9:30 AM Check-in
- 9:45 AM-12:00 PM Dynamic Warm-Up • Frontside Mechanics: Part 1 • 3-min Drink Some Electrolytes • Frontside Mechanics: Part II • 3-min Drink Some Electrolytes • Acceleration Progression • Cool-Down: 3-min jog & Cool-Down Stretches
- 12:15 PM-1:20 PM
- 1:30 PM-3:00 PM Dynamic Warm-Up • 3-min Drink Some Electrolytes • Rotary A Isolation Runs over Cones • 3-min Drink Some Electrolytes • Sprinter’s Frontside Mechanic Drill Transition Sequence • 3-min Drink Some Electrolytes • Cool-Down: 3-min jog & Cool-Down Stretches
Ansin Sports Complex provides student-athletes with a full array of athletic facilities and the space to maximize their potential, including an outdoor track and full football field.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.