Nike Track & Field Camp at Burges High School
2024 DATES & PRICES NOW AVAILABLE!
Get ready for an amazing experience at the Nike Track & Field Camp at Burges High School! Directing camp will be Nike Track & Field Camp Director, Deserae Cota. Each summer camp day will be filled with workouts and drills specific to your athlete's event, educational breakout sessions on nutrition and goal setting, and developing team mentality to help each camper take their game to the next level. Nike Track & Field Camps are a great opportunity for young athletes to make new friends while doing what they love!
- Nike Running Camp T-shirt
- Camp is open to ages 10-17
- Individual and group instruction
- Specific training programs for specific event and experience level
- Post camp goal setting
- View More Details ⟩
DIRECTOR DESERAE COTA
Deserae has fifteen years of experience as a decorated track and field athlete, finishing her track career competing in the heptathlon and pentathlon for four years at New Mexico State. Deserae has continued to coach and mentor track and field athletes at the high school and collegiate levels since 2014 and specializes in sprints, long and triple jump, and hurdles.View DESERARE's Bio ⟩
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect a high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots.
Campers can choose from the following disciplines: sprints, hurdles, jumps (high jump, long jump, triple jump). No pole vault is offered.
- Dates: July 8-11, 2024
- Ages: 10-17
- Gender: Co-ed
- Camp type: Half-Day
- Schedule: Monday-Thursday, 8:00am-2:00pm
- Check-in: 15 minutes prior to camp start time
- Lunch: Campers should bring their own lunch and snacks
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist.
All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Grouped by: age, ability and event
- Evaluation: by coaching staff
- Equipment Needed: Campers should bring at least one pair of broken in running shoes. Event shoes/spikes are recommended but not required. Please be sure to properly mark your equipment, so that it can be easily identified.
- Facility: Outdoor 400m track
- Jumps (No Pole Vault)
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING:
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Extra Athletic clothing
- 1-2 pairs of broken in running shoes/ event spikes
- Non-running shoes
- Water bottle
- Packed lunch and snacks
- Small gym bag/backpack
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE TRACK & FIELD CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our Track & Field camps please see our FAQ page.Show Less See More Camp Details
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:00am Arrival and Check-In
- 8:15am Track instructional stations
- 11:00am Lunch + Water Break (Bring own lunch)
- 12:00pm Indoor goal setting/mental conditioning
- 2:00pm Check-out and departure
Located in El Paso, Texas, Burges High School is the perfect place to refine your track and field skills.
We plan to attend next year!
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.