Nike Volleyball Camp at Eckerd College
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
This 2019 volleyball camp in Florida, 24 miles outside of Tampa, offers All Skills, Advanced/College Prep, and Beach volleyball camp programs. All camps are designed to players improve their skills and have fun.
Camp Director Michelle Piantadosi, Eckerd Head Coach, invites athletes from the Southeast and beyond to come experience life as a college athlete while receiving valuable, intensive training at this summer volleyball camp at Eckerd College.
- Excellent residential, dining and training facilities
- 6-7 hours daily volleyball training, with 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Training for all skill levels
- All campers receive a Nike Volleyball Camps T-shirt and prizes!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Michelle Piantadosi-Lima
After coaching and playing extensively in the Volunteer State, Michelle Piantadosi -Lima returned home as the 10th head coach in the 30-year history of the storied Eckerd volleyball program to begin the fall of 2012.View Michelle's Bio ⟩
Additionally, as Eckerd's Senior Woman Administrator, she embraces a leadership role within the department while coordinating the end-of-the-year athletics banquet and other responsibilities as assigned.
Piantadosi-Lima's immediate success as a head coach resulted in back-to-back appearances in the NCAA Championship South Regional and two runner-up efforts towards the top of the Sunshine State Conference standings. This also included a combined 41 wins and a winning percentage pushing close to .700 in her first two years. Piantadosi-Lima is already third on the all-time wins list at Eckerd in just three seasons. She is the fastest coach to reach 50 wins in program history and led the team to three NCAA Tournament appearances in her first four seasons.
This fall will mark her sixth season as head coach of the Eckerd program. In 2016, her squad posted another winning mark (18-13) while going 9-7 in conference play including a victory over No. 22 Florida Southern. For the second straight year, her team boasted an AVCA All-American as JaQuayla Baker earned honorable mention honors along with first-team all-conference and all-region.
The 2015 season saw a strong finish that earned the Tritons a bid to the NCAA South Regional for the third time under her leadership. The season also featured an AVCA All-American selection in Tjasa Kotnik, who also earned first-team all-conference and all-region honors.
In 2014, three of Piantadosi-Lima's players earned All-SSC selections including two freshmen named to the All-Newcomer Team.
During the 2013 season, the team put together a streak with 11 wins in 12 games towards the end of the regular season to earn a No. 3 seed in national tournament action. Piantadosi-Lima had representation on All-American, All-South Region and All-SSC teams, again as her accomplished student-athletes continued to push for top spots in the career record books.
In 2012, Piantadosi-Lima helped guide two student-athletes to AVCA All-American status (Ali McAlvany, Lindsay Biggs) while a total of four made the All-Sunshine State Conference Team (McAlvany, Biggs, Kaleigh Humphrey, Emily Schadow). Her successful debut included a 21-10 overall record with a 12-4 mark in the league.
Her 20+ single-season win totals (2012, 2013) represent two of the nine recorded in the program's history.
Piantadosi-Lima was previously the assistant volleyball coach at East Tennessee State University in Johnson City.
She is familiar with the Sunshine State Conference, coaching at league member Nova Southeastern University for four years beginning in 2006. In 2008, the Sharks reached the “Elite 8” and captured the NCAA South Region crown for the first time in school history.
Her coaching accomplishments at NSU landed recognition from the American Volleyball Coaches Association (AVCA) as ‘one of the 30 best coaches in the country under the age of 30.’
Piantadosi-Lima arrived at Nova Southeastern after a standout four-year career at the University of Tennessee, where she was a two-year captain. During her time with the Lady Vols, she was a four-year starter and earned Honorable Mention All-American honors after her senior season, while also being selected to the USA Volleyball A2 Team. She holds the school record for most kills and attacks in a season in the 30-point rally scoring era (2001-07).
Following her career at Tennessee, Piantadosi-Lima competed professionally in Salzburg, Austria, and San Juan, Puerto Rico. Since 2008, her most recent professional endeavors were found in beach volleyball playing in several AVP tournaments all over the nation.
Piantadosi-Lima graduated in 2005 from Tennessee with her Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology. She achieved her Master's degree in Education with a specialization in Athletic Administration from Nova Southeastern in 2010.
Assistant Coach Kali Boatwright
A Triton volleyball and beach volleyball standout for two seasons, Kali Boatwright transitioned into the role of assistant coach for both programs in June 2018.View Kali's Bio ⟩
Boatwright transferred to Eckerd for her final two years where she played both front row and back row. As a junior, she twice earned Sunshine State Conference Offensive Player of the Week honors and led the Tritons with 311 kills while averaging 2.99 kills per set and 2.82 digs per set. During her senior season in which she battled injuries, Boatwright averaged 2.37 digs per set.
She also excelled in the classroom as a two-time recipient of the SSC Fall Commissioner's Honor Roll award.
Before coming to Eckerd, Boatwright spent her freshman and sophomore seasons at Augusta (Ga.) University. She immediately impacted the team's success as a freshman, helping lead the Jaguars to a program-record 27 wins and a bid to the NCAA Southeast Regional Tournament where she earned all-tournament honors. She was also a key component of the team's lineup as a sophomore, ranking second on the team in both kills (254) and digs (378).
In her four seasons between Augusta and Eckerd, Boatwright tallied 985 kills, 113 aces, and 1324 digs and was part of two teams that advanced to the NCAA National Tournament.
Boatwright was also part of the rapid growth of the beach volleyball program at Eckerd. She amassed a 15-7 record as a senior on a team that finished runner-up at the AVCA Small College Championships.
A native of Lakeland, Florida, she prepped at Lakeland High School where she was a three-time all-county selection.
This year we are offering Overnight and Extended Day (9:00am-9:00pm) camps for girls, ages 10-18, of all ability levels. Our programs include an All Skills Camp (ages 10-14) and an Advanced/College Prep Camp (ages 15-18) with indoor training, as well as an Advanced Beach Camp (ages 14-18) for sand training. Click "See More Camp Details" for further information.
2019 CAMP DATES
- June 10-12 (Advanced Beach Camp)
- July 7-10 (All Skills Camp)
- July 12-15 (Advanced/College Prep Camp)
CAMP PROGRAM OFFERINGS
This camp is open to players of all abilities, unless otherwise noted. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level.
ADVANCED BEACH VOLLEYBALL Camp
This program is geared towards high school and club level beach volleyball players (ages 14-18) with 2-3 years of competitive experience looking for advanced instruction and competitive play. This camp is designed to prepare campers for their upcoming tournaments and will focus on live game play and physical conditioning.
ALL SKILLS Camp (Indoor)
This program is geared towards girls (ages 10-14) of all skill levels. Campers will master the fundamentals and develop proper mechanics through a mix of drills, games and competitive play.
ADVANCED/COllege prep Camp (Indoor)
This program is geared towards high school and club level indoor players (ages 15-18) with 2-3 years of competitive experience. This intense, challenging program stresses position play, advanced team techniques, physical conditioning, and a higher level of competitive play.
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2019 SESSION SCHEDULES
Advanced Beach Camp: JUNE 10-12
- Check-in: 2:00pm-3:30pm on Monday
- Check-out: 12:00-1:30pm on Wednesday
- Extended Day Camper Schedule: Mon: 4:00-8:30pm, Tues: 8:00am-8:00pm, Wed: 8:00am-12:00pm
All Skills Camp (Indoor): JULY 7-10
- Check-in: 2:00pm-4:00pm on Sunday
- Check-out: 12:00pm-2:00pm on Wednesday
- Extended Day Camper Schedule: Sun: 5:30pm-9:00pm, Mon-Tues: 9:00am-9:00pm, Wed: 9:00am-12:00pm
Advanced/College Prep Camp (Indoor): JULY 12-15
- Check-in: 2:00pm-4:00pm on Friday
- Check-out: 12:00pm-2:00pm on Monday
- Extended Day Camper Schedule: Fri: 5:30pm-9:00pm, Sat-Sun: 9:00am-9:00pm, Mon: 9:00am-12:00pm
What's included in the fee?
- Daily volleyball instruction
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive Nike Volleyball Camps t-shirt and prizes.
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for each camper to use during instruction at camp, so campers do not need to bring their own. Campers do have the option of purchasing a Molten Volleyball for $17 at the time of registration. Balls will be given out on the last day of camp.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Players Grouped by: ability, age, years of experience
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own balls.
- Facility: Indoor courts
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
The information below is based on previous years and is subject to change each year. Final housing information for this camp will be provided in the Camper Registration Packets, emailed to all campers closer to the camp’s start date.
- Campers Per Room: 2 per room
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: Attached to room
- Linens: Not provided. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase and a towel
- Air Conditioning: Please refer to the Camper Registration Packet. A/C availability depends on our specific dorm assignment.
Nike Volleyball Camps does not provide transportation from airports, train stations or bus depots. If you have a child flying to camp, please arrange a shuttle or taxi service. The closest airport to campus is Orlando International Airport.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00am Wake-up, shower, breakfast
- 9:00am Extended Day campers arrive. Stretching & Warm-up
- 9:15am Training Session I
- 12:00pm Lunch, rest
- 1:30pm Training Session II
- 4:00pm Free time, rest
- 5:30pm Dinner
- 6:30pm Training Session III
- 9:00pm Extended Day Camper depart, Overnight Campers to rooms, free time
- 10:00pm Lights out
Beach Volleyball Camp
- 7:00-7:45am Breakfast
- 8:00-11:00 Training
- 11:30-12:30p Lunch and rest
- 1:00-3:00pm Training
- 4:00-5:30pm Dinner and rest
- 5:30-7:30pm Training
- 8:00 Extended Day Campers depart
- 8:30 Overnight Campers to rooms, free time
- 10:00pm Lights out
Eckerd College has a suburban 188-acre campus on Frenchman's Creek and Boca Ciega Bay, about 3 miles from Gulf of Mexico beaches. The campus is near, but separate from, residential and commercial neighborhoods of St. Petersburg.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
October 7, 2018: My daughters first experience at a college sports camp and she absolutely loved it! Coaches were very positive and knowledgeable with great feedback to the players. The accommodations were on site and very pleasing. Nothing to say negatively about the whole experience. She can’t wait to attend again next year.
— Shannon K. Parent
Loved the coaches!
July 25, 2018: Madison had a great time. She made some good friendships and loved the coaches! She said she received great instruction and gained from going to the camp.
— Tami B. Parent
July 23, 2018: Our daughter loved!!! The coach and staff are amazing and AWESOME!!!
— Valeria O. Parent
Learned a lot!
July 18, 2018: She came home excited and couldn't wait to go back everyday. She was so pleased that the instructors remembered her name. We want camp to be longer, she didn’t want to leave.
— Michelle H. Parent
July 18, 2018: The Food was AMAZING and the coaches were super friendly and helpful!
— Zenora R. Camper