Nike Volleyball Camp at Arizona Christian University
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
This 2019 Arizona volleyball camp will help take your camper's skill to the next level. With a combination of intensive volleyball instruction and live-game play, Arizona Christian Women's Head Volleyball Coach, Micah Briscoe will ensure players leave with a higher volleyball IQ.
Join our girls and boys volleyball camp in Phoenix, and train with fellow volleyball players to create new friends and awesome memories!
- Excellent training facilities and coaching from collegiate coaches and players
- Daily volleyball instruction
- 10:1 camper to staff ratio
- All campers receive a Nike Volleyball Camps T-shirt and prizes!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Micah Briscoe
Micah Briscoe takes on the title of Director of Volleyball at Arizona Christian University. The 2018 season marks his second as the head coach of women’s volleyball. He will oversee the launch of women’s beach volleyball and men’s volleyball in the spring of 2019.View Micah's Bio ⟩
In 2017, Coach Briscoe guided women’s volleyball to their first appearance in the GSAC Volleyball Tournament. ACU WVB produced their first All-GSAC player while securing their most overall wins since joining the GSAC.
During the 2016 season Coach Briscoe helped as a volunteer assistant with the ACU program. The last three to four years, Briscoe has served as the Director of the Arizona Region Junior Beach Program as well as the boys head coach at Barry Goldwater High School and Deer Valley Middle School.
The 2016-17 seasons have been the culmination of Briscoe’s hard work. The Deer Valley Unified School District just announced Briscoe as the Coach of the Year after he led DVMS to the Division I Championships for the first time ever and they advanced all the way to the championship match. At BGHS, the team currently has the best record in the ten year recorded history of the program.
Mixed into his work history, Briscoe has spent time as a youth pastor, teacher’s aide, instructional assistant, and assistant tennis coach. Along with volunteering at ACU, he has donated his time as part of the worship team and a small group leader at church while serving at the Chris Ridge Retirement Center, Steve Nash basketball camps, and traveled to Mexico on mission trips.
Prior to coaching, he played one season of men’s volleyball at both Grand Canyon University and Columbia Bible College (Canada). He also spent one season on the tennis team of Paradise Valley College. At all three stops, Briscoe earned academic and athletic scholarships including twice earning a Presidential scholarship.
The three time Arizona Region Beach Volleyball Champion was once crowned the US Beach Tour Champion at the U22 level.
Academically, Coach Briscoe graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Christian Studies from Grand Canyon University in December 2011.
Coach Briscoe and his wife, Daniela, have two daughters named Grace and Brook and a son named John.
This year we are offering a All Skills Day Camp for girls, ages 10-18, (9:00am-3:00pm), and an Evening camp for boys, ages 10-18, (4:00pm-7:00pm). See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2019 CAMP DATES
- June 10-13
This camp is open to girls and boys, ages 10-18, of all abilities. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level. Campers will master the fundamentals and develop proper mechanics through a mix of drills, games and competitive play.
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2019 SESSION SCHEDULES & INFORMATION
girls Day Camp: june 10-13
- Daily Hours: Monday-Thursday, 9:00am-3:00pm
- Check-in: 8:30am on Monday
- Check-out: Thursday at 2:30pm at the Gym
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided, please bring a sack lunch to camp each day.
BOYS EVENING CAMP: JUNE 10-13
- Daily Hours: Monday-Thursday 4:00pm-7:00pm
- Check-in: 3:45pm on Monday
- Check-out: Camp ends at 7:00pm on Thursday
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Daily volleyball instruction
- Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive Nike Volleyball Camps t-shirt and prizes.
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for each camper to use during instruction at camp, so campers do not need to bring their own. Campers do have the option of purchasing a Molten Volleyball for $17 when you register at the time of registration. Balls will be given out on the last day of camp.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Players Grouped by: ability, age, years of experience
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own ball.
- Facility: Indoor courts
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
- 9:00am Campers arrive, warm up
- 9:15-11:30am Skills and small game tactics
- 11:30am-12:15pm Lunch
- 12:15-12:45pm Lecture and demonstration
- 1:00-3:00pm Drills, games, and scrimmaging
- 3:00pm Campers depart
- 4:00pm Campers arrive. Warm up/stretching.
- 4:15-5:30pm Skills and small game tactics
- 5:30-6:00pm Lecture and demonstration
- 6:00-7:00pm Drills, games, and scrimmaging
- 7:00pm Campers depart
Arizona Christian University is located in Phoenix, Arizona. Volleyball training will take place in ACU's air-conditioned Fultz Memorial Gymnasium.