Nike Volleyball Camp at Shorecrest Preparatory School
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
Take your skills to the next level this summer at our volleyball camp in St. Petersburg! Our volleyball camp in Florida offers All Skills camps and volleyball skills clinics designed to improve campers' confidence on the court.
We invite girls, ages 10-18, looking to compete while creating fun camp memories to join Eckerd College Head Coach, Michelle Piantadosi-Lima, and her elite staff. Campers will increase their knowledge and enjoy a fun curriculum designed to refine their techniques and prepare for the 2023 volleyball season.
- Training from college coaches at excellent training facilities
- Variety of programs for all skills levels
- Morning & afternoon training sessions
- 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Nike Volleyball Camps T-shirt and prizes! (multi-day camps only)
- View More Details ⟩
Indoor & Beach Camp Director Michelle Piantadosi-Lima
Michelle Piantadosi-Lima is Head Coach of the Women's Indoor and Beach Volleyball team at Eckerd College. Coach Piantadosi-Lima also hosts camps at Eckerd College and Shorecrest Preparatory School.View Michelle's Bio ⟩
After coaching and playing extensively in the Volunteer State, Michelle Piantadosi-Lima returned to her home state of Florida as the 10th head coach in the history of the Eckerd volleyball program to begin the fall of 2012.
Her continually grown to enhance and support student-athlete development led to her promotion of Assistant Athletic Director in July of 2018, in her first two years as Assistant AD, she enhanced education and support for student-athletes mental health and helped launch the Athletic Diversity Action Committee.
Piantadosi-Lima's immediate success as a head coach resulted in back-to-back appearances in the NCAA Championship South Regional and two runner-up efforts towards the top of the Sunshine State Conference standings. This also included a combined 41 wins and a winning percentage pushing close to .700 in her first two years. She is the fastest coach to reach 50 wins in program history and led the team to three NCAA Tournament appearances in her first four seasons.
In 2019, she led the squad to a 19-12 record, where the team set a new single-season record for aces as a team. Sydney Case was named to the All-SSC and All-Region team.
Piantadosi-Lima navigated the Tritons to their fourth NCAA South Regional appearance in her six years on the bench in 2017 while also winning the 100th match of her career during the season. She currently ranks second in program history in wins (105). Kaitlyn Sibson earned All-SSC, All-Region, and All-American honors while shattering several program records in the process.
In 2016, her squad posted another winning mark (18-13) while going 9-7 in conference play including a victory over No. 22 Florida Southern. For the second straight year, her team boasted an AVCA All-American as JaQuayla Baker earned honorable mention honors along with first-team all-conference and all-region.
The 2015 season saw a strong finish that earned the Tritons a bid to the NCAA South Regional for the third time under her leadership. The season also featured an AVCA All-American selection in Tjasa Kotnik, who also earned first-team all-conference and all-region honors.
In 2014, three of Piantadosi-Lima's players earned All-SSC selections including two freshmen named to the All-Newcomer Team.
During the 2013 season, the team put together a streak with 11 wins in 12 games towards the end of the regular season to earn a No. 3 seed in national tournament action. Piantadosi-Lima had representation on All-American, All-South Region and All-SSC teams again as her accomplished student-athletes continued to push for top spots in the career record books.
In 2012, Piantadosi-Lima helped guide two student-athletes to AVCA All-American status (Ali McAlvany, Lindsay Biggs) while a total of four made the All-Sunshine State Conference Team (McAlvany, Biggs, Kaleigh Humphrey, Emily Schadow). Her successful debut included a 21-10 overall record with a 12-4 mark in the league.
Her 20+ single-season win totals (2012, 2013) represent two of the nine recorded in the program's history.
She also launched the beach volleyball program in 2015, quickly turning it into one of the top small college programs in the country. In 2016, Eckerd claimed the Rox Small College Championship and finished runners-up in both 2017 and 2018. In 2018, her No. 1 pair of Sibson and Paula Hoffmann ended the season ranked third in the AVCA with a 22-1 record.
Additionally, Piantadosi-Lima served as Eckerd's Senior Woman Administrator for nine years, where was a member of the athletics department senior management team and oversaw student-athlete well-being and development and serves as the department's Title IX coordinator.
Piantadosi-Lima was previously the assistant volleyball coach at East Tennessee State University in Johnson City.
She is familiar with the Sunshine State Conference, coaching at league member Nova Southeastern University for four years beginning in 2006. In 2008, the Sharks reached the “Elite 8” and captured the NCAA South Region crown for the first time in school history.
Her coaching accomplishments at NSU landed recognition from the American Volleyball Coaches Association (AVCA) as ‘one of the 30 best coaches in the country under the age of 30.’
Piantadosi-Lima arrived at Nova Southeastern after a standout four-year career at the University of Tennessee, where she was a two-year captain. During her time with the Lady Vols, she was a four-year starter and earned Honorable Mention All-American honors after her senior season, while also being selected to the USA Volleyball A2 Team. She holds the school record for most kills and attacks in a season in the 30-point rally scoring era (2001-07).
Following her career at Tennessee, Piantadosi-Lima competed professionally in Salzburg, Austria, and San Juan, Puerto Rico. Since 2008, her most recent professional endeavors were found in beach volleyball playing in several AVP tournaments all over the nation.
Piantadosi-Lima graduated in 2005 from Tennessee with her Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology. She achieved her Master's degree in Education with a specialization in Athletic Administration from Nova Southeastern in 2010.
Additional Coaches Camp Staff
Our Camp Director will be assisted by a talented staff which may include their assistant coach(es), current and former collegiate players, and other college and club coaches.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: 2024 Dates Coming Soon. Join Priority List!
- Age Group: 10-18
- Gender: Girls
- Program: All Skills, Serving, Passing
- Camp Options: Half Day, Day (Before/after care available)
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided, please bring a sack lunch to camp each day.
2023 CAMP DATES
- July 17-20: All Skills
- July 21: Serving Clinic AM | Passing Clinic PM
- Attend multiple sessions! Campers are encouraged to attend multiple sessions! Each program delivers something unique to help players excel in all areas of the game.
- For additional camps directed by Coach Piantadosi, visit Nike Volleyball Camps at Eckerd College.
Please note: Camp schedules and details may be subject to change. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level.
ALL SKILLS CAMP
- Dates: July 17-20
- Ages: 10-16
- Daily Hours: 9:00am-3:00pm, Monday-Thursday
- Check-in: 8:45 on Monday
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided. Please bring a sack lunch each day.
- Extended Day: The Before and After Care hours of 8:00am-9:00am and 3:00pm-4:00pm are intended to offer additional convenience for working parents at an additional fee. Campers will be supervised during these hours and may participate in some camp activities, but sport instruction will not take place.
- Program: This All Skills program is geared towards girls (ages 10-16). Campers will master the fundamentals and develop proper mechanics through a mix of drills, games and competitive play. This program is geared toward beginner and intermediate level players who have a basic knowledge of the game or have at least one year of playing experience.
- Date: July 21
- Ages: 10-18
- Daily Hours: 9:00am-11:30am, Friday
- Check-in: 8:45am
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided.*
- Program: Eckerd Volleyball has been one of the top serving teams in the NCAA in the last 10 years. This clinic will teach you how to be a strong and efficient server. We will go over the standing serve, jump float and the jump top spin. You will definitely leave more confident in your serve at the end of this clinic!
*If your camper is attending the Passing Clinic, please bring a lunch. Campers will be supervised from 11:30am-12:30pm.
- Date: July 21
- Ages: 10-18
- Daily Hours: 12:30pm-3:00pm, Friday
- Check-in: 12:15pm
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided.
- Program: This clinic is designed to break down all aspects of passing. We will go over dynamic shuffling to reach more serves and platform work to upgrade your passing location!
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning and afternoon training sessions
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided. Please bring a sack lunch each day.
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: Campers at multi-day camps will receive a Nike Volleyball Camps t-shirt and prizes. *1-day clinics excluded.
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for instruction during camp. Campers may purchase a Camp Volleyball at the time of registration, which will be given out on the last day of camp. Fun tip: Have your camp friends sign your ball before you leave!
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by ability, age, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well-broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own ball.
- Facility: Indoor courts
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review
important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist.
All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to
camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic, on-court clothing (t-shirts, shorts)
- Indoor volleyball shoes, well broken-in
- Outdoor athletic shoes
- Knee pads
- Water bottle*
- Small gym bag/backpack
- Packed lunch and snacks
- Spending money
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE VOLLEYBALL CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our volleyball camps please see our FAQ page.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.Show Less See More Camp Details
DAY CAMP SCHEDULE
- 8:00am-9:00am Before Care - available to campers who purchased before & after care
- 9:00am Campers arrive
- 9:00am-11:30am Training Session I
- 11:30am-1:30pm Lunch
- 1:30pm-3:00pm Training Session II
- 3:00pm Campers depart
- 3:00pm-4:00pm After Care - available to campers who purchased before & after care
Shorecrest Prepatory School has a 28 acres campus located in the heart of St. Petersburg, a small, vibrant city located on Tampa Bay.
Camp Questions & Answers
Can I sign up for more than 1 session/program?
Absolutely! Campers are encouraged to attend multiple sessions. Each program delivers something unique to help players excel in all areas of the game. Many campers will attend more than one session to further refine their skills, compete against new players, or choose a session with a different program focus.
he told me how much fun he had
Not only did she learn how to play volleyball, but there was a very positive and encouraging environment at the camp.
July 28, 2021: Olivia attended the camp to learn how to play volleyball in order to try out for her school team this fall. Not only did she learn how to play volleyball, but there was a very positive and encouraging environment at the camp. She made several friends while she was there as well. And, this reinforced her excitement about volleyball. I have since signed her up for two different clinics that I found in the area!
— Heather L,
Coach Michelle and the entire Eckerd College team did a great job
July 29,2021: Coach Michelle and the entire Eckerd College team did a great job. Sarah Grace's skills improved and she had a blast! I highly recommend this camp and we cannot wait until next year.
— Derick J
August, 2021: She said this was some of the best coaching she has ever received!!!! Top Notch!
— Lorisa K
Advanced camp was awesome!
July 25, 2019: My daughter learned and improved on all of her footwork and techniques. She loved getting to know all the girls and staying in the dorms with her friends.
— Kim C. Parent
Awesome coaching staff
July 17, 2019: It was all around a very good environment. The staff knew what they were doing and could answer any questions I had.
— Traci W. Parent
October 7, 2018: My daughters first experience at a college sports camp and she absolutely loved it! Coaches were very positive and knowledgeable with great feedback to the players. The accommodations were on site and very pleasing. Nothing to say negatively about the whole experience. She can’t wait to attend again next year.
— Shannon K. Parent
The energy of the camp is great
July 16, 2019: High quality coaching. Equal balance of fun and intense training. Positive and encouraging atmosphere.
— Denise W. Parent
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.