Nike Volleyball Clinic at Emmanuel College
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
Join us for our fall volleyball clinic in Boston and take your skills to the next level. Campers from Suffolk Country and beyond will receive training from high-quality instruction from Emmanuel College Head Volleyball Coach, Bori May, and his dedicated staff.
This Massachusetts volleyball clinic for girls & boys, ages 10-18, is designed to improve athletes' skillset through a variety of drills. We welcome players of all abilities to join the fun and compete with other athletes to prepare for the upcoming volleyball season!
- Excellent training facilities
- Morning and afternoon training sessions
- 1:10 staff to player ratio
- Training for all skill levels
- Nike Volleyball Camp T-shirt and prizes! (multi-day camps only)
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Bori May
Bori May is the Head Men's Volleyball Coach at Emmanuel College.View Bori's Bio ⟩
Coach May brings a lifetime of volleyball playing and coaching experience to Emmanuel College, along with an undeniable passion for the sport. Taking over the helm of the Saints program before the start of the 2015 season, May came to Emmanuel bringing an abundance of playing and coaching experience. In addition to his GNAC and Division III coaching experience at neighboring Emerson College, May also served as an Assistant Coach for the Division I women's volleyball team at Princeton University in 2013.
May was named the 2023 Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) Men's Volleyball Coach of the Year after guiding the Saints to 19 wins with an underclassmen-heavy roster. In eight playing seasons at Emmanuel, he's coached a total of 18 players to GNAC All-Conference honors and made trips to the GNAC tournament every year at Emmanuel the tournament was sponsored.
During his first year on the job, May coached the Saints to 11 wins and mentored three All-Conference players. He followed it up with a 19-win effort during the 2016 campaign and coached the 2016 GNAC Player of the Year. He enjoyed the program's first 20+ win season in 2019, leading Emmanuel to 21 wins and a trip to the GNAC Semifinals. During the 2019 campaign, his squad collected 2.04 aces per set to rank 10th among NCAA Division III programs while he also coached the nation's leader in total aces (Erik English '19 - 115 aces).
A California native, May did his undergraduate work at Santa Monica College and at California State University, Northridge, earning his Bachelor of Arts Degree in Communications Studies in 2011. During the summers, May is the clinic coordinator and head coach of the Slainte Volleyball Club. From 2007-2014, he has run volleyball camps and club programs in San Francisco and now runs volleyball camps in the New England area.
Coaching Staff ASA Sports
The ASA Sports coaching staff is made up of some of the most talented and seasoned coaches in New England! All of the ASA coaches are trained and registered to ensure all campers receive high-quality instruction in a fun and safe environment.View ASA Sports's Bio ⟩
A Step Ahead Sports (ASA Sports) is a year-round youth fitness provider offering: Volleyball, Basketball, Softball, Lacrosse, Basketball, Baseball, and Field Hockey. Established in 2019 ASA Sports has rapidly expanded each summer throughout Massachusetts and New Hampshire offering summer camps in partnership with US Sports Camps. In summer 2023 we serviced more than 5000 campers, participants, boys and girls, ranging in age from 7-18, and have come from communities throughout New England and across the globe.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand for these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
2023 FALL CLINIC OVERVIEW
- Dates: November 24-25
- Age Group: 10-18
- Gender: Girls & Boys
- Daily Hours: 9:00am-1:00pm
- Check-in: 30 minutes prior to clinic start time
- Clinic Type: Day Clinic
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided, please bring a sack lunch to clinics each day
- Program: The All Skills program is geared towards players of all abilities. This program is designed to improve the fundamental skills needed for volleyball; passing, setting, serving, attacking, blocking, and individual defense. Athletes can expect instruction on offensive and defensive skills through team play. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level.
Please note: Clinic schedules and details may be subject to change.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning and afternoon training sessions
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during clinic hours.
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided. Please bring a sack lunch each day.
- Clinic T-shirt & Prizes: Campers at multi-day clinics will receive a Nike Volleyball Clinic t-shirt and prizes. *1-day clinics excluded.
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for instruction during the clinic. Campers may purchase a Clinic Volleyball at the time of registration, which will be given out on the last day of clinic. Fun tip: Have your clinic friends sign your ball before you leave!
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by ability, age, and experience
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well-broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own ball.
- Facility: Air-conditioned, indoor courts.
- Medical Protocol: Most clinics have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CLINIC: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CLINIC CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review
important clinic information, visit Pre-Clinic Checklist.
All necessary clinic information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to
clinic start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic, on-court clothing (t-shirts, shorts)
- Indoor volleyball shoes, well broken-in
- Outdoor athletic shoes
- Knee pads
- Water bottle
- Small gym bag/backpack
- Packed lunch and snacks
- Spending money
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at clinic)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from clinic on their own. There is no supervision before or after clinic hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE VOLLEYBALL CLINIC FAQ
For general questions about our volleyball clinics please see our FAQ page.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same clinic, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
Clinics are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.Show Less See More Camp Details
ALL SKILLS CLINIC SAMPLE SCHEDULE
- 9:00am Campers arrive, warm up
- 9:00am-1:00pm Training Session
- 1:00pm Campers depart
Players will train on the indoor courts at Emmanuel College in Boston, MA.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.