Nike Volleyball Camp at Johnson & Wales University
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
Our volleyball camp at Johnson & Wales University welcomes athletes of all abilities! Campers will train with Head Volleyball Coach, Michael Houlihan, and his dedicated staff.
Girls, ages 12-18, will elevate their skills through game-like drills and fun competition. Come join our volleyball camp in Rhode Island and gain confidence in the sport you love!
- Instruction from college coaches & players
- Excellent training facilities
- 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Morning and afternoon training sessions
- All multi-day campers receive a Nike Volleyball Camps T-shirt and prizes!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Michael Houlihan
Michael Houlihan is the Women's Volleyball Head Coach at Johnson & Wales University.View Michael's Bio ⟩
staff Camp Staff
Our Camp Director will be assisted by a talented staff which may include current and former collegiate coaches and players, club coaches, and high school coaches.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: July 15-18
- Age Group: 12-18
- Gender: Girls
- Camp Type: Day
- Schedule: 9:00am-3:00pm, Monday-Thursday
- Check-In: 30 minutes prior to camp start time
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided, please bring a sack lunch to camp each day.
- Program: The All Skills program is designed to improve the fundamental skills needed for volleyball; passing, setting, serving, attacking, blocking, and individual defense. Campers can expect instruction on offensive and defensive skills through team play. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level.
Please note: Camp schedules and details may be subject to change.
Directions: Wildcat Center, Harborside Campus (305 Shipyard Street, Providence, RI 02905)
Use 600 Harborside Boulevard, Cranston RI to access campus. This address will take you to the top of our campus and you will turn left onto Harborside Boulevard (off Narragansett). After you pass thru the security gate, you will continue straight to the intersection of Harborside and Shipyard. At the intersection, you will turn left towards the Wildcat Center. Please park in Lot D
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning and afternoon training sessions
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided, please bring a sack lunch every day.
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by camp staff during all camp hours.
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: Campers at multi-day camps will receive a Nike Volleyball Camps t-shirt and prizes. *1-day clinics excluded.
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for instruction during camp. Campers may purchase a Camp Volleyball at the time of registration, which will be given out on the last day of camp. Fun tip: Have your camp friends sign your ball before you leave!
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Camper then sorted by experience first, then age. Adjustments made as needed during camp.
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well-broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own balls.
- Facilities: Wildcat Center
- A/C in Gym: Yes
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review
important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist.
All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to
camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic, on-court clothing (t-shirts, shorts)
- Indoor volleyball shoes, well broken-in
- Outdoor athletic shoes
- Knee pads
- Water bottle
- Small gym bag/backpack
- Packed lunch and snacks
- Spending money
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE VOLLEYBALL CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our volleyball camps please see our FAQ page.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
We cannot offer scholarships due to NCAA regulations. Our affiliation with NCAA coaches and schools puts us in a position where any scholarship money can be seen as an inducement to a future collegiate athlete. This puts our coaches and our host universities in jeopardy of damaging their status with the NCAA and incurring penalties at the hands of their organizing body.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.Show Less See More Camp Details
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Campers arrive and warm up
- 9:00am-12:00pm Fundamentals and Skills Training
- 12:00pm-1:00pm Lunch and rest
- 1:00pm-3:00pm Fundamentals and Play Training
- 3:00pm Campers depart
Campers will train on the indoor courts at Wildcat Center in Providence, Rhode Island.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.