Nike Volleyball Camp at Pace University
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
This volleyball camp in New York City is an all encompassing day camp experience with serious volleyball training, excellent facilities, and lots of fun.
Our kids summer camp program in New York includes sport specific physical training and gives players the opportunity to train alongside other athletes who share their passion for volleyball.
- Excellent training facilities
- Coach to camper ratio is 1:10
- Training for all skill levels
- All campers receive a Nike Volleyball Camps T-shirt and prizes!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Karrin Moore
Karrin Moore is entering her eighth year as the Pace volleyball coach in 2017, holding a career record of 104-117 (.471). Moore won her 100th career match at Pace on Nov. 5, 2016.View Karrin's Bio ⟩
Under Moore's tutelage, the 2016 Setters tallied the program's most wins in a season since 2000 (23-9). In addition, Pace earned its first berth into the Northeast-10 Conference Tournament since 2012. Coach Moore's squad defeated top-seeded Le Moyne, 3-1, before falling in the NE-10 semifinals to Adelphi. Sophomore outside hitter Claudia Fontanet, (first team) freshman libero Danielle Vaiano (second team) and freshman setter Samantha Nidini (All-Rookie) were all named to the 2016 Northeast-10 Women's Volleyball All-Conference Team,
Moore coached the Setters to the conference championship the first year as head coach at Pace and has since made it to the conference championship tournament three consecutive years after that. Furthermore, the Setters earned berths in the NCAA championship tournament in two of her first three seasons. Five of seven players that have earned All-Conference Honors under Coach Moore were first team members, on top of two Northeast-10 All-Rookie selections for the past two consecutive years.
Moore has coached Elyse Rowland to two consecutive NE-10 Libero of the Year honors, back-to-back Daktronics East Region First Team and an AVCA All-Region, Third Team All-American spot. Nora Rugova saw an All-Conference First and Second team selection in back-to-back years under Moore as well as AVCA All-Region Honors in 2012. Shea Hansen and Victoria Pompilus both earned All-Conference First Team spots and AVCA All-Region Honors in 2010.
Moore came to Pace from Bentley University where she served for three seasons as the assistant coach. At Bentley, Moore assisted in recruiting, pre-match and in-match strategy as well as assisting in practices. Moore was also the Assistant Director of the New England All-Star Volleyball camps at Bentley.
Prior to her stint at Bentley, Moore served as the assistant volleyball coach for the Northeastern men’s team in 2005 and the assistant women’s volleyball coach at Wheaton in 2006.
Moore graduated from Northeastern in 2006 with a journalism degree following an outstanding career as part of the Huskies volleyball team. During her four-year career, Northeastern posted an 84-48 record, including 42-12 in conference play. As a freshman, Moore was a member of the Northeastern squad that won the America East Tournament, earning a trip to the NCAA Division I Tournament. For her career, she played in almost 80 matches and posted 391 kills in her junior and senior seasons.
Moore graduated from Mountain Pointe High School in Ahwatukee, Ariz. and played for the East Valley Juniors. She is still an active player on a USAV women’s AA level club team.
This year we are offering a Day Camp that runs Monday-Thursday from 9:00am-3:00pm daily. Camp is geared towards girls, ages 10-17, of all ability levels. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2018 CAMP DATES
- August 6-9
This camp is open to girls, ages 10-17, of all abilities. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level. Campers will master the fundamentals and develop proper mechanics through a mix of drills, games and competitive play.
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2018 SESSION SCHEDULES & INFORMATION
CAMP DATES: August 6-9
- Daily Hours: Monday-Thursday, 9:00am-3:00pm
- Check-in: 8:30am on Monday
- Check-out: Graduation is on Thursday at 2:30pm. Parents are invited to attend! Check out will follow immediately after.
- Lunch: Lunch is provided.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Daily volleyball instruction
- Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive Nike Volleyball Camps t-shirt and prizes.
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for each camper to use during instruction at camp, so campers do not need to bring their own. Campers do have the option of purchasing a Molten Volleyball for $15 when you register at the time of registration. Balls will be given out on the last day of camp.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPTMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Players Grouped by: ability, age, years of experience
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own ball.
- Facility: Indoor courts
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Campers arrive, warm up
- 9:15-11:30am Skills and small game tactics
- 11:30am-12:15pm Lunch
- 12:15-12:45pm Lecture and demonstration
- 1:00-3:00pm Drills, games, and scrimmaging
- 3:00pm Campers depart
Pace University's Pleasantville Campus is located in mid-Westchester County and is set on 200 acres of rolling countryside.