Nike Volleyball Camp at Winsor School
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
Join us for our new summer volleyball camp in Boston to strengthen your fundamentals and take your skills to the next level. Volleyball players will receive high-quality training from Emmanuel College Head Volleyball Coach, Bori May, and his dedicated staff.
This girls and boys volleyball camp in Massachusetts welcomes players of all skill levels to come and train with other athletes with the same love of the sport. Campers will enjoy a fun and competitive volleyball camp that focus on fine-tuning the fundamentals and help them become and overall better athlete!
- Excellent training facilities
- Morning and afternoon training sessions
- 1:10 staff to player ratio
- Training for all skill levels
- Nike Volleyball Camp T-shirt and prizes! (multi-day camps only)
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Bori May
Bori May is the Head Men's Volleyball Coach at Emmanuel College.View Bori's Bio ⟩
Coach May brings a lifetime of volleyball playing and coaching experience to Emmanuel College, along with an undeniable passion for the sport. Taking over the helm of the Saints program before the start of the 2015 season, May came to Emmanuel bringing an abundance of playing and coaching experience. In addition to his GNAC and Division III coaching experience at neighboring Emerson College, May also served as an Assistant Coach for the Division I women's volleyball team at Princeton University in 2013.
May was named the 2023 Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) Men's Volleyball Coach of the Year after guiding the Saints to 19 wins with an underclassmen-heavy roster. In eight playing seasons at Emmanuel, he's coached a total of 18 players to GNAC All-Conference honors and made trips to the GNAC tournament every year at Emmanuel the tournament was sponsored.
During his first year on the job, May coached the Saints to 11 wins and mentored three All-Conference players. He followed it up with a 19-win effort during the 2016 campaign and coached the 2016 GNAC Player of the Year. He enjoyed the program's first 20+ win season in 2019, leading Emmanuel to 21 wins and a trip to the GNAC Semifinals. During the 2019 campaign, his squad collected 2.04 aces per set to rank 10th among NCAA Division III programs while he also coached the nation's leader in total aces (Erik English '19 - 115 aces).
A California native, May did his undergraduate work at Santa Monica College and at California State University, Northridge, earning his Bachelor of Arts Degree in Communications Studies in 2011. During the summers, May is the clinic coordinator and head coach of the Slainte Volleyball Club. From 2007-2014, he has run volleyball camps and club programs in San Francisco and now runs volleyball camps in the New England area.
Camp Coach John Carroll
Johnny Carroll is the Graduate Assistant coach at Regis College.View John's Bio ⟩
Johnny Carroll completed his second year as a graduate assistant coach within the Regis College volleyball program and just earn his Masters of Education in Student Success.
Carroll helped the Regis women's volleyball team collect 23 victories in 2021, the second-highest win total in program history, as well as a home victory in the GNAC Tournament to advance to the semifinals. The Pride men's volleyball team qualified for the 2022 GNAC Tournament after picking up seven league victories as part of a 12-win campaign.
Carroll spent the past year as the Assistant Coach at Bethany College (W.V.). During his time with the Bison he worked primarily with the front row and helped mentor 5 All-PAC players. Carroll also was the Director of Volleyball Operations at the Highlands Sports Complex in Triadelphia, W.V. In this role, he created the volleyball programming for all clinics and camps and was the lead coordinator for private lessons.
As a four-year starter for the Emmanuel College men’s volleyball team, Carroll graduated with a .393 hitting percentage, third all-time in program history. Carroll also ranks eighth all-time in school history with total block assists (146) and 12th all time in total blocks (170). Carroll graduated Emmanuel with a bachelor's degree in international relations and a minor in Middle-Eastern studies.
Camp Coach Amber ButtaroView Amber's Bio ⟩
Amber Buttaro enters her third year with US Sports Camp Nike Volleyball. During her summers here, Amber has worked as a Healthcare Supervisor and a Lead Coach for the junior high athletes.
Buttaro is an accomplished student-athlete. A recent graduate at Curry College with a bachelor’s degree in psychology with a minor in criminal justice and sociology, Buttaro has earned Commonwealth Coast Conference Academic Honors for all her four years at Curry College.
During her time outside of college athletics and academics, Buttaro coaches at United Volleyball Club in Weston for Girls 15 & 16s division.
Camp Coach Kerry SheaView Kerry's Bio ⟩
Kerry Shea enters her second year with US Sports Camp Nike Volleyball. She has worked as a Healthcare Supervisor and a Lead Coach for the High School Student athletes.
Shea, a four-year letter winner at Emmanuel College for women’s volleyball has many accolades that include: GNAC Academic All-Conference Team, Recipient of the Women's Volleyball Academic Award for the highest GPA, and Emmanuel College Athletics Senior Unsung Hero Award.
As a high school player, Shea was a two-year varsity player at Tewksbury Memorial High (Tewksbury, MA) and was named the Merrimack Valley Conference First Team All-Star her senior year. Shea also earned four varsity letters participating in the track & field program.
Coaching Staff ASA Sports
The ASA Sports coaching staff is made up of some of the most talented and seasoned coaches in New England! All of the ASA coaches are trained and registered to ensure all campers receive high-quality instruction in a fun and safe environment.View ASA Sports's Bio ⟩
Now in our 27th year, A Step Ahead Inc. (ASA Hoops) has become a year-round operation offering clinics, classes, camps and AAU. In 2022, over 5500 participants have entered our programs. This up-coming year will be our biggest yet, with over 60 camps scheduled and the expansion of our AAU program ASA Hoops will be one of the biggest basketball operations in New England. Participants, boys and girls, range in age from 7-18 and have come from communities throughout New England and across the globe.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand for these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: July 5-7 | July 24-28 | August 7-11
- Age Group: 10-18
- Gender: Girls & Boys
- Clinic Type: Day
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided, please bring a sack lunch to clinics each day
- Program: The All Skills program is geared towards players of all abilities. This program is designed to improve the fundamental skills needed for volleyball; passing, setting, serving, attacking, blocking, and individual defense. Campers can expect instruction on offensive and defensive skills through team play.
- Attend multiple sessions! Campers are encouraged to attend multiple sessions! Each program delivers something unique to help players excel in all areas of the game.
Please note: Camp schedules and details may be subject to change. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level.
- Session I: July 24-28
- Session II: August 7-11
- Daily Hours: 8:30am-2:00pm Monday-Friday
- Check-In: 30 minutes prior to camp start time
- Check-out: 2:00pm on Friday
- Session I: July 5-7
- Daily Hours: 8:30am-2:00pm Wednesday-Friday
- Check-in: 30 minutes prior to camp start time
- Check-out: 2:00pm on Friday
Please note: Clinic schedules and details may be subject to change.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning and afternoon training sessions
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided. Please bring a sack lunch each day.
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: Campers at multi-day camps will receive a Nike Volleyball Camp t-shirt and prizes. *1-day clinics excluded.
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for instruction during the clinic. Campers may purchase a Camp Volleyball at the time of registration, which will be given out on the last day of camp. Fun tip: Have your camp friends sign your ball before you leave!
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by ability, age, and experience
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well-broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own ball.
- Facility: Air-conditioned, indoor courts.
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review
important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist.
All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to
camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic, on-court clothing (t-shirts, shorts)
- Indoor volleyball shoes, well broken-in
- Outdoor athletic shoes
- Knee pads
- Water bottle*
- Small gym bag/backpack
- Packed lunch and snacks
- Spending money
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE VOLLEYBALL CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our volleyball camps please see our FAQ page.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.Show Less See More Camp Details
ALL SKILLS CAMP SAMPLE SCHEDULE
- 8:30am Campers arrive, warm up
- 8:45am-11:00am Training Session I
- 11:00am-12:00pm Lunch and rest
- 12:00pm-2:00pm Training session II
- 2:00pm Campers depart
Players will train at the Winsor School in Boston, MA.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.