Nike Volleyball Camp at Yavapai College
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
The 2019 volleyball camp in Prescott, Arizona is designed to help players develop their skills with individual coaching, new drills, and full scrimmages creating a solid foundation to build upon after camp.
Join Yavapai's Head Women Volleyball Coach, Zach Shaver for a taste of what it's like to be a college athlete and receive valuable, intensive preseason training.
- Training under the country's best coaches
- 6-7 hours daily instruction, with 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Excellent training facilities
- All campers receive a Nike Volleyball Camps T-shirt and prizes!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Zach Shaver
Zach Shaver is entering his 5th season as head coach at Yavapai College, taking over the Roughrider program on April 1st, 2013. As head coach at Yavapai College Shaver has led the team to a 74-45 overall record and a .622 winning percentage.View Zach Shaver's Bio ⟩
Under Shaver’s guidance the Roughriders again qualified for the post season in 2016. The team was the #2 seed in the District B playoffs and lost in the semifinals. The Roughriders finished 18-11 overall and 11-5 in the ACCAC which was good enough for 3rd place. The season was highlighted by 3 Roughriders earning All-ACCAC honors. Both Jordan Tilley and Iva Alebic were selected to the 1st team and Kaitlyn Yost was Honorable Mention. Jordan Tilley also brought home ACCAC Setter of the Year honors.
Yavapai had a record setting season in 2015 which was Shavers 3rd season at the helm. The team finished with an overall record of 22-8 while winning the program’s first ever Region 1 / District C Championship. The championship qualified the team for the NJCAA DI National Championship Tournament which was held in Casper, WY. It was the Roughriders first ever trip to the 16 team National Championship Tournament. Yavapai also finished 2015 with a 9-0 record against their ACCAC DI opponents. Several Roughriders dominated the individual awards in 2015 including being named ACCAC DI Player of the Week 7 out of the 9 weeks. Sophomore middle blocker Paige Hamilton earned ACCAC Honorable Mention and freshman setter Jordan Tilley earned ACCAC All-Conference 2nd team as well as NJCAA Region 1 All-Region DI honors. The year was capped off with freshman outside hitter Iva Alebic being named to the NJCAA DI All-American 2nd team, NJCAA Region 1 All-Region DI team, All-ACCAC 1st Team, as well as a Pinnacle Award (4.00 GPA) winner.
In 2014 the team had an overall record of 16-12 and an ACCAC record of 8-8. The team narrowly missed out in the Region 1 playoffs only because of their final match loss to Central Arizona College. Under Shaver’s guidance freshman setter Kayle Park earned ACCAC DI and NJCAA DI National Player of the Week honors in September. In October Sophomore middle blocker Braxton Fenter also earned ACCAC DI Player of the Week.
In Shaver’s inaugural season (2013) he guided the team to an overall record of 18-14. The team got off to a blistering start in the ACCAC with a 6-0 record to start conference play. Two athletes from the 2013 squad earned All-Conference honors. Sophomore outside hitter Casey Johnson was voted to the All-ACCAC 2nd team (and All-Region 1 first team) and freshman middle blocker Braxton Fenter was voted to the All-ACCAC honorable mention team
This year we are offering Extended Day (9:00am-9:00pm) and Overnight Camps for girls, ages 10-18. Campers can choose between All Skills (grades 5-9 | ages 10-14) and Advanced (grades 8-12 | ages 13-18) programs. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2019 CAMP DATES
- July 8-10 (All Skills | Ages 10-14 | Grades 5-9)
- July 11-13 (Advanced | Ages 13-18 | Grades 8-12)
CAMP PROGRAM OFFERINGS
This camp is open to players of all abilities, unless otherwise noted. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level.
This three-day program is geared towards girls, grades 5-9, ages 10-14, of all skill levels. Campers will master the fundamentals and develop proper mechanics through a mix of drills, games and competitive play.
This three-day program is geared towards high school and club level players, grades 8-12, ages 13-18, with 2-3 years of competitive experience. This intense, challenging program stresses position play, advanced team techniques, physical conditioning, and a higher level of competitive play.
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2019 SESSION SCHEDULE
Session I: July 8-10 (All Skills)
- Overnight Check-In: 12:30pm-1:15pm on Monday
- Extended Day Check-In: 1:15pm-2:00pm on Monday
- Check-out: 4:30pm on Wednesday
- Extended Day Camper Schedule: Monday 12:00pm-9:00pm, Tuesday 9:00am-9:00pm, Wednesday 9:00am-4:30pm
SESSION II: JULY 11-13 (ADVANCED)
- Overnight Check-in: 12:30pm-1:15pm on Thursday
- Extended Day Check-In: 1:15pm-2:00pm on Thursday
- Check-out: 4:30pm on Saturday
- Extended Day Camper Schedule: Thursday 12:00pm-9:00pm, Friday 9:00am-9:00pm, Saturday 9:00am-4:30pm
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Daily volleyball instruction
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive a Nike Volleyball Camps t-shirt and prizes.
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for each camper to use during instruction at camp, so campers do not need to bring their own. Campers do have the option of purchasing a Molten Volleyball for $17 at the time of registration. Balls will be given out on the last day of camp.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Players Grouped by: ability, age, years of experience
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own balls.
- Facility: Indoor courts
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
The information below is based on previous years and is subject to change each year. Final housing information for this camp will be provided in the Camper Registration Packets, emailed to all campers closer to the camp’s start date.
- Campers Per Room: 2 per room
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: Shared
- Linens: Not included. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase, and a towel.
- Air Conditioning: Please refer to the Camper Registration Packet. A/C availability depends on our specific dorm assignment.
Nike Volleyball Camps does not provide transportation from airports, train stations or bus depots. If you have a child flying to camp, please arrange a shuttle or taxi service. The closest airport to campus is in Phoenix, AZ.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00am Wake-up, shower, breakfast for Overnight Campers
- 9:00am Extended Day Campers arrive. Stretching & Warm-up
- 9:15am Training Session I
- 12:00pm Lunch, rest
- 1:30pm Training Session II
- 4:00pm Free time, rest, dinner
- 6:30pm Training Session III
- 9:00pm Extended Day Campers depart. Overnight Campers to rooms.
- 10:00pm Lights out
The Nike Volleyball Camp at Yavapai College is located in Prescott, Arizona just 1.5 hours from Pheonix.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
Loved the coaches
August 8, 2018: Overall a great camp experience. Playing with talented campers and the college team. As a incoming Sophomore in high school, being able to play and compete with the incoming Yavapai Freshmen team was so cool!
— Fallyn W. Camper
July 25, 2018: Everyone was super nice and friendly. Everyone was open to getting to know everyone and help to make them better.
— Lacie T. Camper
Learned a lot!
July 17, 2018: My daughter loved the interaction she had with the coaches. She said she learned so much and is very excited about playing for her school again this year. She also met girls with her same interests and made new friends.
— Jennifer J. Parent
Fun new friends!
July 19, 2017: The highlight of this camp was winning the camp tournament. Everyone really came together, stepped up their game, and learned how to build a team in just a few days.
— Natalie D. Camper
July 18, 2017: Kind coaches and loved meeting new friends, especially her roommate.
— Susan N. Parent
July 17, 2017: Our daughter keeps talking about the D1 & D2 hitting skill she learned! I would recommend this Nike Volleyball Camp!
— Kim B. Parent
July 17, 2017: My daughter described this group of girls as fun and exciting! This camp allowed her to explore her sport with guidance and great direction. My daughter loved this camp. Thank you for allowing her this opportunity. Come to Show Low next year :)
— Kammy H. Parent