Cal Girls Water Polo Winter Camp
Come join us this December!
US Sports Camps and the Cal Women’s Water Polo Head Coach, Coralie Simmons, are excited to team up this winter 2023 to offer a two day training opportunity to players ages 8-18.
The Cal Water Polo Camp will cover all facets of the game and progress from core fundamentals to advanced techniques over the two days. Similar to a collegiate-level practice, the camp will also include dry-land strength and conditioning, video review and discussions on goal setting and nutrition.
All Cal Sports Camps are open to any and all entrants. For your safety and benefit, we recommend you choose a camp that fits your level of development. All events are subject to change based on NCAA and Covid-19 restrictions. Due to high demand and limited capacity, prices are subject to increase as camp exceeds 25%/50%/75% capacity.
- Instruction by Cal Women's Water Polo coaching staff and current players
- Skills Camp for Girls Ages 8-18
- Low camper to instructor ratio
- Shooting, drive defense, defending center, pressure passing, and other important skill sets
- Video analysis and Goal Setting sessions
- View More Details ⟩
Head Coach Coralie Simmons
Coralie Simmons is in her seventh season as the head coach of the Golden Bears and has the program among the elitist of the elite in collegiate water polo.View Coralie's Bio ⟩
Assistant Coach Heather Petri
Heather Petri, a two-time All-American as a student-athlete at Cal and the only four-time female Olympian in any sport in Golden Bear history, is in her sixth season on Cal's coaching staff. Petri has served as a volunteer assistant coach and a full-time assistant for the Bears.View Heather's Bio ⟩
Assistant Coach Lance Morrison
Lance Morrison is in his second season as an assistant coach for the Cal women's water polo program.View Lance Morrison's Bio ⟩
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect a high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early. This winter, Cal is offering a two day camp (Saturday 8:30am-3:30pm & Sunday 8:30am-2:30pm) for ages 8-18. Participants are strongly encouraged to have 2+ years of experience. Our goal is to engage and inspire each player at camp and to instill positive character traits such as confidence, self-motivation, and a passion for the sport.
- Dates: December 9-10
- Gender: Girls
- Camp Type: Day Camp
- Schedule: Saturday 8:30am-3:30pm & Sunday 8:30am-2:30pm
- Check-In: 8:00-8:30am at UC Berkeley's Legends Aquatics Center
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided. Please bring a packed lunch.
- Program: The Skills Camp program is designed for age group and high school players (Ages 8-18). This program focuses on advanced skills, position specific training for divers, shooters, goalies and 2 meter offense & defense, team concepts and an overall intense level of competition. Campers also have the opportunity to compete daily in games against each other.
Legends Aquatic Center
2214 Bancroft Way
Berkeley, CA 94704
Click Here for Directions
Parking is available in the RSF Parking Garage as well as metered street parking. Please be aware of parking restrictions.
Saturday, December 9th to Sunday, December 10th
- Check-in: will take place between 8:00-8:30am at Legends Aquatic Center.
- Check-out: camp ends at 3:30pm on Saturday and 2:30pm on Sunday.
There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to drop off and pick up your child on time.
Lunch is NOT provided each day. Please bring a healthy lunch and snacks each day.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning and afternoon training sessions
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: Campers will receive a Cal Camps t-shirt and prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Please bring your water polo suit, swim cap, googles and towel(s)
- Facility: Legends Aquatic Center
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
Instruction will emphasize:
- Shooting, drive defense, defending center, pressure passing, and other important skill sets.
- Goal Setting sessions
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Dryland Training Gear (running shoes, t-shirt, athletic shorts, sweatshirt)
- Warm jacket and sweats (for possible fog during morning training sessions)
- Water Polo Suit (zipper)
- Rubber Caps
- 2 x Towels
- Hat or Visor
- Sandals/Flip Flops
- Water Bottle
- Healthy Lunch and Snacks each day
- University of California Release Form (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.Show Less See More Camp Details
TEAM DISCOUNT: If eight or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $20 discount. Please have a team contact reach out directly to the USSC office at 1-800-645-3226 to receive a discount code to identify your group and to provide us with a list of names. Campers may then register through the website at their convenience and apply the coupon code during check-out.
Due to University and NCAA Policies, we are not allowed to offer any transportation to and from camps. The airport closest to the Berkeley campus is Oakland International The camp is not allowed to offer any transportation to and from camps. The airport closest to the Berkeley campus is Oakland International Airport; San Francisco International Airport is also within a reasonable distance. Campers are responsible for their own transportation to and from camp.
CAMP LODGING - NO HOUSING PROVIDED
RESIDENCE INN BY MARRIOTT BERKELEY
2121 Center St
Berkeley, CA 94704
THE CLAREMONT HOTEL
41 Tunnel Rd
Berkeley, CA 94705
2600 Durant Ave
Berkeley, CA 94704
Hotel Main: 510-845-8981
DOUBLE TREE BY HILTON HOTEL BERKELEY MARINA
200 Marina Boulevard
Berkeley, CA 94710
Hotel Main: 510-548-7920
LEGENDS AQUATICS CENTER
Campers will train each day at UC Berkeley's Legends Aquatics Center, one of the newest and finest outdoor facilities in the United States. The main entrance to Legends Aquatic Center is on Bancroft Ave, one block down from Spieker Pool and RSF. Parking is available in the RSF Garage located on Bancroft or metered street parking.
Connor was provided with positive experiences
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.