Nike Wrestling Camps at Elmhurst University
Improve Your Skills and Have Serious Fun
Get ready to unleash your inner champion this summer during Nike Wrestling Camp at Elmhurst University! Join two-time NCAA Division III Coach of the Year, Steve Marianetti, and the experienced Elmhurst Wrestling staff for a week filled with top-notch instruction and lots of fun!
Just outside Chicago located in Elmhurst, IL, this camp combines collegiate-level coaching, state-of-the-art training facilities, and competitive wrestling to help young athletes reach their full potential. Throughout the week, instruction focuses on stance, positioning, set-up, takedowns, escapes, and reversals. The camp staff will provide classroom sessions revolved around strategy and everything it takes to compete at the next level. These programs are open to wrestlers of all skills levels, ages 7-18.
- Elite instruction from the Elmhurst University Wrestling staff
- Daily drills covering basics and fundamentals
- NEW! Classroom sessions that focus on strategy, mental and physical strength, nutrition and more
- Video analysis and breakdowns reviewing technique
- Fun wrestling games and competitions
- Nike Sports Camp T-shirt provided to all campers
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Steve Marianetti
A two-time winner of the NCAA Division III Coach of the Year award, Steve Marianetti, a former NCAA Champion and assistant wrestling coach at the University of Illinois, is entering his 22nd season as head wrestling coach at Elmhurst University.View Steve's Bio ⟩
- Age Group: 7-18
- Gender: Coed
- Programs: All Skills
- Camp Types: Half Day (9:00am - 12:00pm)
- Meals: Lunch will not be provided for Half Day Campers
Please note: Camp schedules and details may be subject to change. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level.
HALF DAY CAMP SCHEDULE
- Dates: 2024 Camp Dates Coming Soon
- Camp: Monday-Friday
- Ages: 7-18
- Daily Hours: 9:00am-12:00pm
- Check-in: 8:30am on Monday
- Meals: Lunch will not be provided. Please be sure to bring snacks and water each day.
- Program: This program is designed to improve the fundamentals and technique for all wrestlers. Campers can expect to receive instruction though the use of drills, live wrestling, and fun games/activities.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Multiple training sessions and camp activities each day
- Supervision: Campers are supervised at all times.
- Camp T-shirt: All campers receive a Nike Sports Camp t-shirt.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own wrestling shoes, comfortable workout clothes, headgear (optional), knee pads (optional), snacks, and a water bottle.
- Facilities: Campers will utilize the main gym at Elmhurst College's R.A. Faganel Hall as well as the wrestling team's training room.
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Comfortable athletic clothing (t-shirts, shorts, etc.)
- Wrestling shoes
- Headgear (optional)
- Knee pads (optional)
- Water bottle*
- Small gym bag/backpack
- Packed snacks
- Spending money
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
If you have a group of four or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE WRESTLING CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our wrestling camps please see our FAQ page.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Please note: Camp schedule below may be subject to change.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Warm-up and Stretching
- 9:15am Discussion/Mental Training
- 9:30am Technique/Drills
- 11:15am Live Wrestling
- 11:30am Games and Activities
- 12:00pm Campers Depart
R.A. Faganel Hall
For the duration of the program, campers will utilize the main gym at Elmhurst College's R.A. Faganel Hall as well as the wrestling team's training room.
June 23, 2023: My son and I drove four hours every day to get to this camp. It was beyond worth it. I saw improvements in just 5 days.
June 26, 2023: My son enjoyed working with the staff to improve his skills
A memorable experience.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.