More Important Camp Details
Campers can choose from a 2 or 3 week Nike Baseball and ELS language program. The start dates of the programs are 6/26 and 7/3. These combined 1/2 day baseball and 1/2 day ELS language programs are highly recommended for campers where English is not the native tongue. Click on more details for more information. All international multi-week programs are all-inclusive. These sessions include all housing, meals, sport training, language instruction (if chosen), airport transfers from Boston Logan International Airport, 2 evening activities, and 1 weekend activity per week for the duration of their camp stay.
Language Program Overview:
- Combines 1/2 day morning language classes with afternoon daily baseball camp training for the duration of your camp stay. A sample daily schedule is listed below
- Language classes are held on campus, just a short walk from the dorms.
- 15 English lessons are offered each week (Monday-Friday).
- Students in this program will improve core English language skills such as speaking and listening, as well as their confidence. Classes are communicative in nature and offer plenty of opportunities for speaking practice in three 50-minute classes per day.
- Program designed for campers aged 10-18 years old.
NIKE Baseball Program
Sessions are programmed for three different proficiency levels: beginner, intermediate, and advanced. Each player will be evaluated and placed in a group of similar ability and age. Beginners will be playing baseball in just a few days; intermediates will improve all aspects of their game; and advanced players will sharpen their game to a competitive edge.
Travel. All international campers will be met at Boston Logan International Airport by camp staff, and will be escorted to their departing flight at the conclusion of their session. This is included in tuition. International campers must complete a travel profile in order to guarantee pick up at the airport. you will be sent an email requesting this information.
Check-in & Check-out. We suggest that campers arrive on the start date of cap which is a Sunday and depart on the last day of camp, which is a Friday. Early arrivals & late departures maybe be possible with request. There is a $100 fee per day to accomodate campers arriving early or staying beyond the final day of their registered session. This fee includes housing and meals. Please note that our camp staff cannot receive early campers prior to Sunday, June 28 (the first day of our first session.)
- 12:00 noon - 2:00pm Sunday of the camper's first week.
- Signs will be placed all over campus and camp staff will also direct traffic.
- Evaluations: All campers will start their evaluations at 3:00pm.
- Lunch: On check in day, the first meal served is dinner. If you need to eat lunch with your parents, we will give you a list of several nearby restaurants.
- Orientation (campers only): After evaluations, showers, and dinner, all campers, staff, and coaches will walk to orientation together. Here we will introduce the coaches and staff, and go over camp rules and procedures.
- 12:00 noon - 2:00pm OR 4:00pm-6:00pm on Friday of the camper's last week.
- Campers who check-out in the second window (4:00-6:00pm) will be able to attend both the first and second sports session of the day, while those who check out in the first window will only attend the first sports session.
- Housing: Dormitory housing on campus with all meals provided (variety of choices at each meal). Two campers to a room. International campers will be placed with an American camper of the same age/grade. Bathrooms are communal and are located on each floor.
- Safety: 24-hour supervision is an important feature of every NIKE Baseball Camp. Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities. This camp hires 2 separate staff (coaches and counselors) for double the supervision!
- Instruction: 1:9 Coach to Camper ratio. Training groups formed by skill, age, and years of experience. End-of-session individual player evaluation written by coaching staff - see "Coaches" tab for more details on coaching staff.
- Recommended Spending Money: $50-$100 per week
- Medical Facility: 3-6 athletic trainers are on-site and around the dorms. A doctor is on-call for emergencies.
- Activities: MBSC/NIKE Soccer Camp is one of the only camps that offer nightly OFF-campus activities. Our pre-organized evening/weekend activities include: laser tag, bowling, Hard Rock Café, game arcade, Six Flags Amusement Park (weekend), and whale watching (weekend). (Activities are subject to change without notice.) Tuition includes off-campus activities each week plus a all-camp Saturday excursion.
- All-inclusive tuition: Covers language instruction, sport instruction, housing, meals, roundtrip airport transfers, weekend stayover(s), and activities (two per week, plus one additional if staying for weekend).
- Registration Packet: A detailed camper registration packet containing check-in location, health & release forms, emergency contact info, and a packing list will be emailed to all registered campers in spring 2016. Our health and release forms require a doctor's signature and will be collected on the first day of camp. International campers must have health insurance valid in the US in order to attend camps.
- Laundry: Campers have access to the laundry machines which are located in each building. We provide the laundry detergent for FREE. However, the college's laundry machines require them to pay $1.25 for the washer and $1.25 for the dryer. If campers need help washing their clothes, the counselors are always available to help them. This is a great experience for the campers to learn how to wash their own clothing!
- Money for the machines: The campers will be able to get change from the bank from their camp bank account. Parents send their child with approximately $50/week of spending money. You can send more or less spending money- it is completely up to the parents and the $50/week is just a recommendation. We hold the money in the camp bank so it is safe. Campers have a bank ledger which they sign everytime they withdraw money. At the end of their stay, whatever is left in their camp bank is sent home with them. If a camper runs out of money, the parents can call into the office (617)391-5139 and give a credit card number to charge more money into their child's bank account.
- Labels on clothing: We only recommend it so that if he loses it, we know whose clothing it is. Many parents do not do this as it is very time consuming. It is not necessary, only a recommendation. You could always use a permanent marker to at least write his initials on the inside of his clothing if you would like.
The D. Forbes Will Athletic Complex at Curry College includes the newly constructed Walter M. Katz Field - a state-of-the-art "Field-Turf" field that will be used by the intramural programs, football team, soccer teams, lacrosse teams, and baseball and softball teams.
Curry College, located in Milton, Massachusetts, is one of New England's most beautiful college campuses. Located only seven miles outside of downtown Boston, its outstanding facilities include grass and turf fields, air conditioned dorms and excellent dining facilities located near residence halls. The convenient campus layout means practice fields, dining halls, and dorms are just a short walk away!
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30am Breakfast
- 8:45am ELS Assessment (Monday only); Campers to classroom (Monday-Friday)
- 9:00 am ELS Class begins: Grammar, Listening, Discussion, Vocabulary, Reading, Writing
- 10:15-10:30 am Break
- 10:30-11:30am ELS Class continues: Conversational activities, Writing, Music, Art
- 12:00 noon Lunch
- 1:00pm NIKE Baseball: Technical skill development, Tactical skill development, Strength and conditioning, Tournament play
- 5:00pm Dinner
- 6:00pm Free time
- 7:00pm Evening activities
- 10:00pm Campers to dorms
- 10:30pm Lights out!