Nike Baseball Camp at Curry College - Sport and Language Milton, Massachusetts
Join us this summer at the NIKE Baseball Camp at Curry College. You'll improve your game, meet new friends from all around the world, and with our new Sport and Language programs, improve your English too!
In 2014, we will be offering three consecutive weeks of Nike Baseball camp, starting on June 29. International campers will find this NIKE Baseball Camp provides everything they need for a great visit to the US. This camp offers a top-notch baseball training experience, lots of fun on-campus and off-campus activities, an outstanding international staff. Language classes can be added each week in the morning or be condensed into a one week program before their Nike baseball camp session.
NIKE Baseball Camp is specialized according to three different ability levels: beginner, intermediate, and advanced. Each player will be evaluated and placed in a group of similar ability and age. Beginners will be playing baseball in just a few days; intermediates will improve all aspects of their game; and advanced players will sharpen their game to a competitive edge.
All international multi-week programs are all-inclusive. These sessions include all housing, meals, sport training, language instruction (if chosen), airport transfers from Boston Logan International Airport, 2 evening activities, and 1 weekend activity per week for the duration of their camp stay. Inernational campers looking for a baseball only program (no language classes), please click here for session dates and pricing
As in the past, there will be two separate sets of staff for 24-hour supervision, both on and off the field.
- 8:1 camper to instructor ratio
- Daily emphasis on fundamental development, team play, and more
- Multi-level ability grouping
- Discussion Topics: Preparing for college baseball and personal goal setting
- NIKE Camp t-shirt, lanyard, and other NIKE prizes
- Weekend programs include fun trips to Boston and more!
- Plenty of fun off-campus evening activities are planned and included in your tuition
- Half-day morning language classes daily designed to help develop English speaking skills and confidence!
The D. Forbes Will Athletic Complex at Curry College includes the newly constructed Walter M. Katz Field - a state-of-the-art "Field-Turf" field that will be used by the intramural programs, football team, soccer teams, lacrosse teams, and baseball and softball teams.
Curry College, located in Milton, Massachusetts, is one of New England's most beautiful college campuses. Located only seven miles outside of downtown Boston, its outstanding facilities include grass and turf fields, air conditioned dorms and excellent dining facilities located near residence halls. The convenient campus layout means practice fields, dining halls, and dorms are just a short walk away!
Meet your coaching staff
Cary McConnell enters his 15th season as head coach of the Suffolk University baseball team. In 2009, McConnell guided the Rams to their fourth NCAA Regional appearance in the decade, including amassing thirty wins in a season for the third time in the program’s 62-year history. On April 8th of last season, McConnell earned his 400th career collegiate coaching victory. McConnell was hired in February of 1996 and since then has directed his program into one of the premier Division III college programs in the region. As skipper of the Rams, McConnell has guided his teams to a 329-183 record (.642 winning %), five GNAC regular-season 1st place finishes, four NCAA Regional appearances, four GNAC Tournament Championships, one ECAC Tournament Championship, five ECAC Tournament bids, a national ranking of 18th, and the school record in wins with 38 in a season. He was named GNAC Coach of the Year in the 2000, 2002, 2005 and 2008 seasons.
Program dates: Three consecutive Nike Baseball and Language sessions are offered starting on Sunday June 29. Last session starts on July 13 ends on July 18. Campers may combine sessions together for multi-week stay. We recommend a minimum of two weeks.
Check-in: Campers should arrive on Sunday. Campers will be met at the airport by Curry staff.
Check-out: Camps end at 4:30 on Friday. Campers should make arrangements to leave after this. Campers will be taken to Boston Logan Airport after camp.
Language Program Overview: These combination NIKE Baseball + Language programs provide the perfect balance for international campers who want to improve their English but also want to get better at baseball. There are two language options:
- One-week language program: The language week precedes the NIKE Baseball Camp. Campers attend morning language classes and participate in fun afternoon activities that enable campers to practice and improve their English. After the language week, campers participate in NIKE Baseball Camp for the remaining week(s). CLICK HERE for a sample daily schedule for the language week and sport session.
- Multi-week program: This program combines 1/2 day morning language classes with afternoon daily baseball camp training for the duration of your camp stay. A sample daily schedule is listed below
Language classes are held on campus, just a short walk from the dorms.
- 15 English lessons are offered each week (Monday-Friday).
- Students in this program will improve core English language skills such as speaking and listening, as well as their confidence. Classes are communicative in nature and offer plenty of opportunities for speaking practice in three 50-minute classes per day.
- Program designed for campers aged 10-18 years old.
Overview of NIKE Baseball Program
Sessions are programmed for three different proficiency levels: beginner, intermediate, and advanced. Each player will be evaluated and placed in a group of similar ability and age. Beginners will be playing baseball in just a few days; intermediates will improve all aspects of their game; and advanced players will sharpen their game to a competitive edge.
Travel All international campers will be met at Boston Logan International Airport by camp staff, and will be escorted to their departing flight at the conclusion of their session. This is included in tuition.
- To schedule your pick-up, please complete a travel form which will be included in your registration packet. International campers must complete a travel form in order to guarantee pick up at the airport. Travel forms can also be accessed at www.mycamps.ussportscamps.com using your registered email.
- Designated Airport: Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)
- Early arrivals & late departures: There is a $125 fee per day to accomodate campers arriving early or staying beyond the final day of their registered session. This fee includes housing and meals. Please note that our camp staff cannot receive early campers prior to Sunday, June 29 (the first day of our first session.)
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30am Breakfast
- 8:30am ELS Assessment (Monday only); Campers to classroom (Monday-Friday)
- 8:45am ELS Class begins: Grammar, Listening, Discussion, Vocabulary, Reading, Writing
- 10:30am ELS Class continues: Conversational activities, Writing, Music, Art
- 12:00 noon Lunch
- 1:00pm NIKE Baseball: Technical skill development, Tactical skill development, Strength and conditioning, Tournament play
- 5:00pm Dinner
- 6:00pm Free time
- 7:00pm Evening activities
- 10:00pm Campers to dorms
- 10:30pm Lights out!
Check-in & Check-out
- 12:00 noon - 2:00pm Sunday of the camper's first week.
- Signs will be placed all over campus and camp staff will also direct traffic.
- Evaluations: All campers will start their evaluations at 3:00pm.
- Lunch: On check in day, the first meal served is dinner. If you need to eat lunch with your parents, we will give you a list of several nearby restaurants.
- Orientation (campers only): After evaluations, showers, and dinner, all campers, staff, and coaches will walk to orientation together. Here we will introduce the coaches and staff, and go over camp rules and procedures.
- 12:00 noon - 2:00pm OR 4:00pm-6:00pm on Friday of the camper's last week.
- Campers who check-out in the second window (4:00-6:00pm) will be able to attend both the first and second sports session of the day, while those who check out in the first window will only attend the first sports session.
- Location: Your check out location is the same dorm that you checked in to unless otherwise notified by our staff at check-in.
Early arrivals & late departures: There is a $125 fee per day to accomodate campers arriving early or staying beyond the final day of their registered session. This fee includes housing and meals. Please note that our camp staff cannot receive early campers prior to Sunday, June 30 (the first day of our first session), nor may campers stay past Friday, July 12 (the final day of our last session).
- Housing: Dormitory housing on campus with all meals provided (variety of choices at each meal). Two campers to a room. International campers will be placed with an American camper of the same age/grade. Bathrooms are communal and are located on each floor.
- Safety: 24-hour supervision is an important feature of every NIKE Baseball Camp. Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities. This camp hires 2 separate staff (coaches and counselors) for double the supervision!
- Instruction: 1:8 Coach to Camper ratio. Training groups formed by skill, age, and years of experience. End-of-session individual player evaluation written by coaching staff - see "Coaches" tab for more details on coaching staff.
- Recommended Spending Money: $50-$100 per week
- Medical Facility: 3-6 athletic trainers are on-site and around the dorms. A doctor is on-call for emergencies.
- Activities: MBSC/NIKE Soccer Camp is one of the only camps that offer nightly OFF-campus activities. Our pre-organized evening/weekend activities include: laser tag, bowling, Hard Rock Café, game arcade, Six Flags Amusement Park (weekend), and whale watching (weekend). (Activities are subject to change without ntoice.) Tuition includes 3 off-campus activities per week plus a all-camp Saturday excursion.
- All-inclusive tuition: Covers language instruction, sport instruction, housing, meals, roundtrip airport transfers, weekend stayover(s), and activities (two per week, plus one additional if staying for weekend).
- Registration Packet: A detailed camper registration packet containing check-in location, health & release forms, emergency contact info, and a packing list will be emailed to all registered campers in spring 2013. Our health and release forms require a doctor's signature and will be collected on the first day of camp. International campers must have health insurance valid in the US in order to attend camps.