NBC Basketball Camp at Millwoods Christian School Edmonton, Alberta
NBC Camps is offering a Complete Skills Junior Basketball Day Camp at Millwoods Christian School in Edmonton, Alberta. This camp is for younger athletes ages 7-12.
Improve your game this summer and have a fun time. NBC Basketball Camp in Edmonton will focus on developing fundamental skills from shooting and attacking the basketball to ball handling and defense. The goal is to help build confidence in a fun and encouraging environment.
During this formative time, building skill mastery is crucial. It takes about 50-100 accurate repetitions over three days to learn a new skill. It takes about 2500 accurate repetitions over three weeks to undo a skill learned incorrectly. At NBC Camps, we believe it is worth the investment to help younger athletes learn a skill accurately. We also believe having fun is crucial for future passion. Our Intro camps combine great teaching, high energy, enthusiasm and tons of fun into a camp experience younger athletes will love.
- Total basketball skill training
- Shooting Fundamentals
- Skilled staff who care about your improvement
- An atmosphere of encouragement, skill mastery, intensity, great fun, enthusiasm, Christian values and coaches who really care about your improvement
Luke Lavorato has been involved with NBC Camps for 18 years. He is a former University of Alberta athlete and has been director of NBC Camps in Edmonton for 4 years.Read Full Bio
Luke Lavorato has been a junior coach, coach, master teacher and now director of NBC Camps. In addition to his position at NBC he also runs Edmonton Sportball, a terrific program for kids ages 2-8.
GET READY FOR CAMP
Questions about camp? Click the image below to get answers on FAQ and important details for camp.
Complete Skills Jr. Basketball Day Camp - August 5 - 8
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Welcome and warm up
- 9:20am AM Session: Shooting, Dribbling, Effective Passing, Defense Intensity Drills (drills designed for age appropriate)
- 12:00pm Lunch - bring sack lunch
- 12:45pm PM Session: Afternoon Program with NBC Theme and skits, discussion groups
- 1:30pm Competitions and games
- 4:00pm Camper pick up